direct busses to DD?

suzimar57

Miss my Happy Place.
when do the busses go direct to downtown disney (from the parks) without transferring at TTC? is it 4 pm?

and is the DD marketplace entrance the only pick-up/drop-off area now?

thank you!

I don't know the answer to your first questions.

There are two DD bus stops currently in use - one at the MarketPlace and the other at PI. If you are going to the shops/restaurants on the West Side, use the PI bus stop.

I haven't been to WDW since Dec. 1999...What happened to the Bus Stop on DTD West Side? You know, the one with the cool bus stops....

Originally posted by JDY
I haven't been to WDW since Dec. 1999...What happened to the Bus Stop on DTD West Side? You know, the one with the cool bus stops....

They just stopped using it. Probably because very few people used it. The only time I ever saw more than 1 or 2 people there was after a performance of Cirque du Soleil. IMHO, the PI stop is actually closer to most of the West Side (unless you are way down at the HOB/Cirque du Soleil end).

I think that all of the hotels now have buses that go straight there, starting around the time DD opens in the morning.

All resorts have bus transportation to Downtown Disney.

There are currently no buses to Downtown Disney from the TTC.

Of the parks, MGM has a direct bus to Downtown Disney that runs after 3 or 4 PM (they keep changing it). Check the bus directory board outside the bus stops to find out when and where it picks up passengers. It may only drop off at the Marketplace; check with the bus driver. Before 3 PM, take the boat or the walking path to the Boardwalk and catch the Downtown Disney bus there.
Epcot has no direct bus to Downtown Disney. To get there, walk out the International Gateway and take a bus from the Beach Club or the Boardwalk.
From the MK, you will have to ride the monorail to one of the resorts, or walk to the Contemporary and catch the bus there. Keep in mind that the monorail resorts share a bus to Downtown Disney. If you board at the Contemporary you will have to stop at the Polynesian and the Grand Floridian. If you board at the Grand Floridian (take the monorail or motor launch from the MK) your next stop will be Downtown Disney, but you may not get a seat since the bus has already stopped at the other resorts.
I do not know if there is a direct bus to Downtown Disney from AK. If there is not, take a bus to the Animal Kingdom Lodge and switch there to the Downtown Disney bus.

Downtown Disney buses run until 11 PM from the Marketplace and until 2 AM from Pleasure Island. The West Side bus stops are no longer used; use the Pleasure Island bus stop to get to the West Side.

thank you for all of your responses - we were planning on going to epcot after arrival (early afternoon) & wanted to go to downtown disney after a couple of hours (to see the new "once upon a toy" store) - we'll walk to the beach club & get a direct bus after 4 pm to the marketplace from there

just so you know, it doesn't matter for your scenario whether or not it is after 4 PM - the resort buses run all day from before DTD opening time until 2 AM from Pleasure Island. The only time you have to make sure it's after 4 PM is if you want to take the direct bus to DTD from the Studios. You can get a bus anytime from a resort to Downtown Disney.

thanks, TDC Nala, for the follow-up - we need to go to epcot first so i can buy (and then activate) an AP for me (can't activate it at DD, can i?) before going to DD - it will probably be around 4 or 5 pm by the time we're ready to head over to DD from epcot (by way of the BC bus) - if i didn't have to take care of the AP, we would probably just take the bus to DD from ASMO to begin with

Originally posted by suzimar57
thanks, TDC Nala, for the follow-up - we need to go to epcot first so i can buy (and then activate) an AP for me (can't activate it at DD, can i?) before going to DD - it will probably be around 4 or 5 pm by the time we're ready to head over to DD from epcot (by way of the BC bus) - if i didn't have to take care of the AP, we would probably just take the bus to DD from ASMO to begin with

Actually, you CAN buy/activate an AP at DD. There are two Guest Services locations in DD. One is in the MarketPlace and the other is on the West Side. The AP will be the actual pass (not a voucher) and your year will start that same day. If you have a voucher, you can exchange the voucher for an activated AP at either of the DD Guest Services locations. Guest Services keeps the same hours as the MarketPlace shops. The West Side location maye even be open later than that. Enjoy your trip!

http://wdwig.com/ticket.htm
Check out the Question "Where can I purchase tickets" for more information.

thank you, carolmn, for the info on buying/activating an AP at DD - this will work out better for us, since we'll just go straight to the guest services at the DD marketplace after arriving at ASMO to get my AP - then onward to "once upon a toy" - and epcot can be last - much more efficient! i appreciate the info!

Additional info: many resort busses used to run to DD starting at 4 p.m. That was recently changed and now resort busses to DD start at 11 a.m.

Originally posted by drusba
Additional info: many resort busses used to run to DD starting at 4 p.m. That was recently changed and now resort busses to DD start at 11 a.m.

It used to be that MK Resorts had to go to the TTC prior to 4pm to go to Downtown Disney/Typhoon Lagoon. This has since been eliminated.

ALL Disney Resorts have busses running to Typhoon Lagoon and the Marketplace starting one hour prior to the water parks opening. Pleasure Island drop off service will start at 10:00am.

The reason the Downtown Disney bus was discontinued from the TTC is that the majority of the guests utilizing that service were Hotel Plaza Blvd guests who didn't want to wait or use their own charter busses. On the return trip to the TTC were guests parking at DTD for free, and then going to the MK. As you can imagine, Disney Resort Guests were paying for non-resort guests to "scam the system" so to speak.

Currently, the Disney-MGM Studios is experimenting with a DTD bus... providing one way service to the Marketplace. Not sure the status of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter