Dirty Martini anyone...?

hey, guys, it's Sunday, which means the end of the work week for me. I'm contemplating a dirty. How about you? What's your pleasure and are we waiting until 5 pm?

You tea-totelers! I, too, applied some self-restraint, and did not indulge in my first dirty until well after 5 pm, but I am now well into my first and wondering where some like-minded friends might be? Yoo-hoo??? Anyone out there not blind to the advantages of a libation or two?

Oh Viki. I'd like to but I can't. Still at work and heading right to costco afterwards. Plus it's not 5:00 yet (although I believe it's always 5:00 somewhere) :thumbsup2: Have one for me...I'm limited to :surfweb:

I think a bunch of people are out of town having fun this weekend without us!! I bet Rick's downing one right now! :drinking1:

SeattleRedBear said:
Oh Viki. I'd like to but I can't. Still at work and heading right to costco afterwards. Plus it's not 5:00 yet (although I believe it's always 5:00 somewhere) :thumbsup2: Have one for me...I'm limited to :surfweb:

I think a bunch of people are out of town having fun this weekend without us!! I bet Rick's downing one right now! :drinking1:

Oh, yes, 5 indeed! Here it's nearly 8!

You're right, of course, folk are off having fun. I'm finishing my second and that will be it, as I prepare to enjoy Desperate Housewives and the L Word. Let's see what those Moira-shunning snobs are up to!

OK Viki,

I'll join ya!

The women of Wysteria lane is a repeat tonight, but I dont think I have seen this one, so getting primed for the show.

Besides, I started a small war on the tip planning thread! OOPS

OrlandoMike said:
OK Viki,

I'll join ya!

The women of Wysteria lane is a repeat tonight, but I dont think I have seen this one, so getting primed for the show.

Besides, I started a small war on the tip planning thread! OOPS

You're right, Mike, but you gotta love Leslie Ann Warren, our own little Cinderella!

Hey, friends, I save the dirtys for Sunday afternoon, after a long week and a day of work. I've got one more task to accomplish, but then it's time to suck on an olive. Anyone care to join me (with a dirty or the adult beverage of your choice)?

I'm with ya Viki! About time for a cold one after finishing with the weekly house cleaning! Then off to my mom's for dinner. We just got this nifty little grill pan, which works nicely in a pinch (or in cold weather - we've actually had a little snow today). Enjoy your dirty! :smooth:

PennyW said:
I'm with ya Viki! About time for a cold one after finishing with the weekly house cleaning! Then off to my mom's for dinner. We just got this nifty little grill pan, which works nicely in a pinch (or in cold weather - we've actually had a little snow today). Enjoy your dirty! :smooth:

Oooh, we had a little snow today too - 12 inches, but who's counting?

Gwen took care of it, God bless her, and worship was cancelled, so I was free to work all day on lesson plans for a week-long course I'm teaching next week in CT. I have just now enjoyed a sip of my dirty. Yum. What are you having? Have a great meal with Mom!

Hey Viki!

For us here it is a cold Molson as we watch the Olympics. Have to drink some Canadian beer and cheer on our team! I was supposed to be studying tonight, but I just don't think it will be happening. Oh well.... ;)

True North said:
Hey Viki!

For us here it is a cold Molson as we watch the Olympics. Have to drink some Canadian beer and cheer on our team! I was supposed to be studying tonight, but I just don't think it will be happening. Oh well.... ;)

Hey, how about your Canadian girl taking that downhill, do-two-tricks-in-the-middle, event last night. Very exciting and I was rooting for her all the way!

What are your guys and gals competitive in this evening?

True North said:
Hey Viki!

Noah - I was thinking of you and Gen today while I watched some of the Olympics on CBC (one of the benefits to living so close to Canada!). I got to see the luge competition and one of your guys took a very nasty spill. It's amazing they don't kill themselves.

Probably no alcohol for me tonight ... going to give my taxes a final review before I submit them (but maybe that's enough reason to make me drink!!). But I do have some cold Molson in the fridge.

To be honest, not a whole lot to expect from Team Canada tonight. We tend to pick up a lot of our medals in the second week of the Winter Games. Canada traditionally does better in skating and team sports. With Vancouver hosting the games in 2010 a lot of money has gone into winter sports though so it will be exciting to see what happens this year. Canada's plan is to "Own the Podium" in 2010 (as in get more metals then anyone else.) In Salt Lake City we were fourth, with this years goal is 3rd., which means we probably need to win more then the US. (Maybe a friendly DIS rivalry :) ) I hope we can do it! You don't hear much of Canada during the summer games so it would be nice to see us standing tall in the winter. It has also been a tough 2 years for our country so a bit of unity would be great too.

Jennifer Heil's win yesterday was wonderful! She is always so kind in any interview and seems so happy/proud of her win. She got her medal today and had the biggest smile on her face as she sang along to "O Canada". It was a great moment!

Saxton said:
Noah - I was thinking of you and Gen today while I watched some of the Olympics on CBC (one of the benefits to living so close to Canada!). I got to see the luge competition and one of your guys took a very nasty spill. It's amazing they don't kill themselves.

I know! I am so impressed that he can just get up and walk away. Despite the fact I am not good at any sports, I would love to try that some day. I know it must be hard but it sure looks like a big fun slide to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter