DIS Ads ?!

I've installed an ad blocker to hide the ads. It's gotten ridiculous and used to really make my computer run hot. I'm all for supporting a website but when it affects my browsing experience it's too much.

Either the person responsible for the forum doesn't have time or doesn't care or WDWInfo no longer has an employee dedicated to the servers. The ad issue has been a problem for several years. The issue with links not loading and other functionality issues are almost a year old at this point.

Last edited:
I use an adblocker on my PC, works well, almost no ads.

On my phone, no adblocker available. It has gotten awful the past few months. The ads used to be mostly at the bottom, some in the middle of threads. Now they added moving ads at the top. They come down, cover up what I am reading. Then they chnage and they bounce the reading either up or down. It's a pain in the *** to try and read.

On my phone, no adblocker available.

I said earlier I don't use DisBoards on my phone, but I realized I changed browsers recently.

Try Brave, it's a Chrome-based browser with built-in ad blocking.. Not sure if it's available on iPhone but I use it on my Android. ALthough I still prefer to read DIsBoards on my laptop, it does appear to block ads.

I use an adblocker on my PC, works well, almost no ads.

On my phone, no adblocker available. It has gotten awful the past few months. The ads used to be mostly at the bottom, some in the middle of threads. Now they added moving ads at the top. They come down, cover up what I am reading. Then they chnage and they bounce the reading either up or down. It's a pain in the *** to try and read.
I have an iPhone and use an adblocker with Safari.

I said earlier I don't use DisBoards on my phone, but I realized I changed browsers recently.

Try Brave, it's a Chrome-based browser with built-in ad blocking.. Not sure if it's available on iPhone but I use it on my Android. ALthough I still prefer to read DIsBoards on my laptop, it does appear to block ads.
Thanks, FD. I might try that.

Holy cow the Ads are suddenly 10x worse. I have to scroll past 8 ads (mostly two huge ones in a row) just to get to the bottom of the pinned threads. And then you open a thread and every couple posts there’s another Ad. One or two threads hidden between each. It’s not impossible.

Hey, just another note here - something changed yesterday with how the ads are implemented. The boards are almost unusable on mobile, and I’m not one to exaggerate. I fully support ads on DISboards - this is a great service available to us users for no fee, and the owners must be able to generate revenue. But there must be some mistake with the ads now - surely the owners don’t intend the current ad situation to continue. Please fix if you can!

Hey, just another note here - something changed yesterday with how the ads are implemented. The boards are almost unusable on mobile, and I’m not one to exaggerate. I fully support ads on DISboards - this is a great service available to us users for no fee, and the owners must be able to generate revenue. But there must be some mistake with the ads now - surely the owners don’t intend the current ad situation to continue. Please fix if you can!
Yes it was yesterday that it happened to me to. I always clicked on ads and tried to support the Disboards that way. Then they went crazy. Per the advice on this thread I got an ad blocker and it worked. But I’m sure it will be fixed. I’ve never seen ads so bad on a legitimate site

On mobile, now I get an ad 'curtsin' that lowers over the board controls at the top of the page. I have to do an up arrow on the curtain to get it to go up and expose the board controls. Every time I go to a page, here comes the fsmn curtain again. Sure wish there was an ad blocker for Android. No problems on desktop/laptop, ad blocker there cleans it up very well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter