Dis-bored?

Luv2CtheMouse

DIS Veteran
Do you ever take long periods away from the boards? For instance, you get bored sometimes with the message boards or because you cannot plan a trip and it is too hard to come out and read all about it?

Just wondering.

Yep, I've done this. We returned froma trip last year to some serious personal and family issues, and I just couldn't seem to get in the Dis spirit for months.

yep, it's too hard coming here when I don't have a trip in the works.

nope - can't seem to stay away lol

if i'm not planning my own trip i'm reading about others and either giving my opinion or taking note of someone elses.

plus trip reports and photo help (or drive me crazy not sure which one lol) pass the time

Yup. I do this quite often actually. In fact, I think I've been away for about 4-5 months until just 2-ish months ago when I came back and started planning my WDW trip.

There are 2 reasons I come back:
1) Trip planning (aka. Disney Fever)
2) Need to be around Disney-related things (aka. Post-Disney Depression)

:rotfl2:

Yep, I come and go, depending on what I have planned. I'm thinking of taking a 2 year break after this summer's trip, but you never know if that will actually happen. ;)

Do you ever take long periods away from the boards? For instance, you get bored sometimes with the message boards or because you cannot plan a trip and it is too hard to come out and read all about it?

Just wondering.

Yes. If I am not planning a trip I don't use the boards much at all..maybe just peak at the budget board every once in awhile.

Well, one thing is certain about long breaks.... you can always come back and see the same ol' complaints and same ol' debates.

Actually, I guess I'm just the opposite!

I haven't been to WDW since 2009, and don't have plans to go back soon (darn it!) -- but I like to go on the DIS to talk about what I enjoy! For me, it's a fun break at work (that's exactly what I'm doing right now!).

Well, one thing is certain about long breaks.... you can always come back and see the same ol' complaints and same ol' debates.

That is why I take breaks sometimes. It seems that there are some periods where the same 5 questions come up and I just need a break.

Yes. I just came back to the boards because our next trip is finally in sight. It was just too sad to read about all the fun Disney stuff last year when I knew my next trip was 18 months away.

Yes. I get tired of all the same fights:

Mugs
Parking
Pool Hopping
Condiment Bar Salads
Line Cutting

And the same questions again and again:

when with the hours be out?
what will the weather be?
EMH or not?
ticket question?

etc. It gets boring so I break for long periods.

I usually take a break after our trip in the fall. Then I come back around Feb/April when we are planning our fall trip.

I stop coming around when work, school, & personal life get busy. I always try to pop in and out around vaca time though

I come around in spurts - right before my trip (about 3 months out you'll find me daily) about 6 months out maybe weekly, about 11 or 12 months out I'm here daily because I'm looking at info on booking but I'm mainly in the DVC area then. Post trip I'll check here and there to see if I can be of any help to any threads but otherwise, I don't stay around too much. I'd be crazy because I'd want to plan a trip every 3 months or so!

yup. after returning home from our last trip, i made the odd post but then...poof. disappeared. LOL couldn't bear to 'not be planning a trip' and reading all the other fun posts. I admit, I get jealous! i would poke in once in a while to make sure my log in worked. haha! but now....here i am! hopefully all goes well and we will be in the world early 2012

This thread would be a better fit on the theme parks community board so I will move it there now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter