Dis Dads Convention - ROLL CALL!

I can/will attend a January 2013 Dis Dads Convention

• Yes!

• No

• Maybe...

Results are only viewable after voting.
I said yes. BUT - if it's the last weekend of the month, it will be a no as that's already planned. So perhaps I should have said maybe. Of course if the marathon is once again this weekend next year... then it will be a no as well, since yesterday was my son's birthday. DW would kill me if I intentionally missed a birthday - and it would not be a family trip for me. SOOOOO - yeah, in reality there are some variables to consider for me as well - and it really is a maybe instead of a solid yes.

Let me explain my maybe vote.

Driving home today, all DD could talk about is running in next year's Marathon. That is four hours and 250 miles of marathon, Marathon talk (Paul you were right, she is hooked). So if she can get away from school, and if the meet is Marathon weekend I am a yes. If she will be running the Marathon and it is another weekend in January, then it is a no. Can't justify going, coming back, going right back again. She is probably going to want to run it even if she goes to school in the NE.

If she isn't going to run, than any date would be a yes. For estimating group sales, I will stay on DVC points either in my own room or sharing accommodations with others.

stopher - next January's calendar is a little bit odd, so speculation is that marathon weekend will not be until January 10-13 (New Year's Day is on a Tuesday, and the general consensus is that two days later is too close for marathon weekend).

stopher - next January's calendar is a little bit odd, so speculation is that marathon weekend will not be until January 10-13 (New Year's Day is on a Tuesday, and the general consensus is that two days later is too close for marathon weekend).

I looked on the Marathon site today to get DD's time and the countdown clock said 367 or 8 days... Just check back and it is down now. So I would have to agree with Aarons thinking.

I looked on the Marathon site today to get DD's time and the countdown clock said 367 or 8 days... Just check back and it is down now. So I would have to agree with Aarons thinking.

Good to know. :thumbsup2 Not being a serious runner, I don't really follow when the marathons fall. That could indeed change in the coming years as I beef up my running, but for now - no.

I too will probably utilize points to stay, unless the rate is smokin' good. Of course if I pay cash I might just use my own TA discount instead... so I may or may not be part of any group booking. We'll see.

If the stars can align, this is our "normal" time of year to go and I would hope to make it. Only problem is that DD5 has been asking consistently when we are going to see the real Mickey. She may not last that long and we definitely won't be able to make two trips there in the same year.

I wouldn't be able to go without taking the whole family.

Now a few Smiles from DD5... :cutie::love::cheer2::santa::bride:princess:

Voted Yes, put it in the budget, but you all know that the economy could pull the rug out from me very quickly if work slows for some odd reason or DW's health worsens, but I am putting away for it starting with next week's pay.

If the stars can align, this is our "normal" time of year to go and I would hope to make it. Only problem is that DD5 has been asking consistently when we are going to see the real Mickey. She may not last that long and we definitely won't be able to make two trips there in the same year.

I wouldn't be able to go without taking the whole family.

Now a few Smiles from DD5... :cutie::love::cheer2::santa::bride:princess:

I am bringing my wife and daughters as well :thumbsup2

Best I can do is a maybe. It is probably leaning towards "no" as I look at the budget today, but I don't want to rule it out yet.

I'm a maybe for now... several variables to consider.. but if we can nail down a date I'll let you know for sure. I definitely would love a DDC meet!! :cool1:

I responded Yes.

If it's marathon weekend than it's much easier for me, as it's the perfect excuse for me to come down 3 months after our big family trip and not have my wife leave me. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter