DIS/DISUnplugged/Dreams December Event Info – DISapalooza (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The key to Black Friday, Is stay away from the Box stores (kmart, walmart...) until they have opened their doors, Go get only what you want and get in & get out of the store as fast a you can and then move on to the next store on your list. This is not the time for casual shopping, otherwise you will be ran over.

The real key is to stay home and put up Christmas lights.

My Black Friday shopping pattern is :
JC Penny's for Snowglobe & coupon only (unless there is a must have item in ad) Then I drive 60 miles north to the outlet mall which opened at Midnight, to get their early bird sales at my favorite stores, then I go hit Walmart, and other stores on the south side of Indianapolis which is 30 miles north of the outlet mall then I drive back home once I hit the sales and stores I wanted to catch.

The key to Black Friday, Is stay away from the Box stores (kmart, walmart...) until they have opened their doors, Go get only what you want and get in & get out of the store as fast a you can and then move on to the next store on your list. This is not the time for casual shopping, otherwise you will be ran over.

Good advice...thanks! you sound like a pro

JC Penny's for Snowglobe & coupon only (unless there is a must have item in ad) Then I drive 60 miles north to the outlet mall which opened at Midnight, to get their early bird sales at my favorite stores, then I go hit Walmart, and other stores on the south side of Indianapolis which is 30 miles north of the outlet mall then I drive back home once I hit the sales and stores I wanted to catch.

Good Lord, how long does that take you! You have this down to a science...

Tracey there is not enough money in the world to get me to do that. Now the day after Christmas is a different story. All the Christmas decorations are 50% off that day.

:worship: I just can't do this.

Yes, I was "just reading", but I wanted to reply to Tracey's last post.

I have two Penney's Mickey snowglobes, 2005 and 2008. Stephen thinks they should go to the church Christmas bazaar!

Been there, done that. And, yes, it stinks!

Good thing, it won't stink forever. Years from now, you will look back on the stinky times and know that you are ever so okay with life.

:cheer2::goodvibes:cheer2:

I had a Mickey snowglobe where he was holding flim. I gave it to the manager of the town movie theater.

Now that Todd is here, there is no way I can keep up.

My eyeballs are falling out of my head and on to the keyboard.

Please do not say anything important after I go to bed!!!

We all know Lyn went to bed about an hour ago. Why are you in her DIS account and who do you think you are trying to fool us? You should get your own account. Shame on you. :eek:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Good advice...thanks! you sound like a pro

I've been going every year since 1992. Seen to many close calls to Riots outside of Target & Walmart, that I stopped going to those stores until they had already been open for at least 30 minutes.

I do that on Wednesday and over Thanksgiving Weekend.

Takes much more than 2 days to get the decorations up at my home. The outside takes 5 or 6 days. Plus all the time spent planning the display in the off season. The indoor decorations take a few days.

Takes much more than 2 days to get the decorations up at my home. The outside takes 5 or 6 days. Plus all the time spent planning the display in the off season. The indoor decorations take a few days.

I don't do that elaborate of display anymore.

Just to revive a theme from earlier today - I just did the math (and it is not Disney math)

I have 12 days of work before DAP.

Tracey there is not enough money in the world to get me to do that. Now the day after Christmas is a different story. All the Christmas decorations are 50% off that day.

I go out then too. The week after Christmas is when I do the bulk of my shopping for the next christmas. I love discounted gifts.

Deb is going out early early on Black Friday with her Mom. I will be asleep. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter