DIS/DISUnplugged/Dreams December Event Info DISapalooza

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait for it...wait for it...wait for it...I Don't have a comp at home either!! EEKK!!!:eek: :scared: The one I do have is on the fritz and I just can't afford another one right now...tryin to decide if it.ll be cheaper getting a new one, used one, or getting mine fixed.

The one I do have access to is here at work...ssshhh!!! I'm not supposed to be on it!!! LOL!!!

Wait for it...wait for it...wait for it...I Don't have a comp at home either!! EEKK!!!:eek: :scared: The one I do have is on the fritz and I just can't afford another one right now...tryin to decide if it.ll be cheaper getting a new one, used one, or getting mine fixed.

The one I do have access to is here at work...ssshhh!!! I'm not supposed to be on it!!! LOL!!!

No computer AND no iPod . . .:scared1:

baby1 - wow!

Are you allowed to listen to the radio on the computer at work? If so...I would think the podcast would be allowed? :confused3 I know every work is different...but mine will let us listen to just about anything. They will even let us listen to TV shows online. You just can't watch them.

And as long as I am getting my work done, I can even DIS.

I know, I know. Crazy, huh.

A lot of my time at work is spent on hold with insurance companies.

baby1 - wow!

Are you allowed to listen to the radio on the computer at work? If so...I would think the podcast would be allowed? :confused3 I know every work is different...but mine will let us listen to just about anything. They will even let us listen to TV shows online. You just can't watch them.

And as long as I am getting my work done, I can even DIS.

I know, I know. Crazy, huh.

A lot of my time at work is spent on hold with insurance companies.

My workplace is pretty lax. I listen to DIS Radio and the podcast. When it gets rowdy around the office, I just shut the door and turn up the speakers. As for DIS'ing while at work....well....um....I might do that from time to time.:lmao::lmao:

I know!! I'm sad. I don't think my job would mind me listening...but it would be kinda hard because I'm a receptionist...so I'd constantly be interrupted by the phones. PLus...of course...my speakers don't work!!! UUUGGHHHHH!!!! I guess it's just not meant to be!!!:guilty::guilty:

we leave the first day:mad:

Same here. We are staying using our DVC points and traveling with another family (staying at SOG) so we can't really move our dates. Always seem to miss the dates by [---] that much.

Technically, I don't have an iPod either. I know, we must be the only two people in North America without them.....I do listen to the podcasts through my computer though. I am a frequent poster.:goodvibes

To me DIS-A-Palooza is a gathering that is sponsored by the DIS and Dreams Unlimited Travel that allows members of the DIS Boards and DIS Unplugged Podcast listeners to get together and share in the magic of Walt Disney World in the spirit of MouseFest. I've only been to one DIS/DU event in 3-D real life. (The podcast cruise.) But have heard about and saw the photos from other events. The podcast crew will stop at nothing short of a GREAT time.

Whether its a quick get-away for you or your whole family is coming down, it will be a good time.:thumbsup2

I don't have one either. I did before I lost it! :sad2: I want an Iphone and a smaller ipod. I didn't like having to strap my big ipod to my arm when I went for a bike ride or a hike. I think I will get a new one this week. Then I have to replace my noise reduction Bose headphones. :sad1:

I know!! I'm sad. I don't think my job would mind me listening...but it would be kinda hard because I'm a receptionist...so I'd constantly be interrupted by the phones. PLus...of course...my speakers don't work!!! UUUGGHHHHH!!!! I guess it's just not meant to be!!!:guilty::guilty:

You can always get an inexpensive MP3 Player like this one http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10993374.. It plugs right into the USB Drive and I just downloaded from the Show Notes page. It was right when I started listening to the Show and I must say.. t was the best $20 I have spent in a long time.

Ok...so I'm new to this board and really don't know what it's about. I'm pretty sure that the only thing I know is that you need an iPod to listen to the shows..which sadly...I don't have!!:scared1::scared1::rotfl::rotfl:

But, I mean can I browse this board even though I don't have an iPod? :confused3 I know that may sound stupid..but never hurts to ask..right??

And what exactly is DIS-A-Palooza?? I think that would be a nice getaway for the weekend for me and just wanna know what it kind entails. And just soo everyone knows...I did read the first posting. I was just wondering if there's anything else anyone can tell me is all...

Thank for putting up with me!! LOL!!!

First off :welcome: :dance3::dance3::dance3: You have found the friendliest board on the DIS! :thumbsup2

Secondly, you don't need an iPod to listen. :goodvibes Just click the listen now button. I promise you will quickly become addicted! The DISUnplugged is the BEST podcast out there! :love::love::love:

Third, DIS-A-Palooza is going a blast! Whatever Pete (The big DIS cheese) and John (The genius) come up with. :thumbsup2 Last year they rented out Toy Story Mania for us and we had a private event for 3 hours after DHS closed...:worship::worship::worship: It was amazing! Pete and John know how to throw a party!!! And we have a really great group! Just jump right in! :goodvibes

woo hoo- our party of 15 is already booked for 10 nights (12/10-12/20) with Dreams, so we will try and make the sat party for sure!

Oh man. My trip is scheduled to end on 12/11/09 right now. But I so want to attend DIS-a-palooza.

I have to check with the family that is going with me to see if they want to extend the vacation some. If not, I'm thinking I may just add a room only reservation so I can attend DAP.

I will have to check with my Dreams agent and see what she can work out for me.

As of now im at 90% sure I will be there. Maybe if enough of you convince me it will be worth extending my stay I can be forced over the last 10% :rotfl:

Oh man. My trip is scheduled to end on 12/11/09 right now. But I so want to attend DIS-a-palooza.

I have to check with the family that is going with me to see if they want to extend the vacation some. If not, I'm thinking I may just add a room only reservation so I can attend DAP.

I will have to check with my Dreams agent and see what she can work out for me.

As of now im at 90% sure I will be there. Maybe if enough of you convince me it will be worth extending my stay I can be forced over the last 10% :rotfl:

It would so be worth it. How could it not? If you can afford it, go! From your sig, I am guessing you have an AP, so it would just be the room for a couple nights plus food and whatever activities, right? You already have a flight back--just needs to be on a different day. =)

It would so be worth it. How could it not? If you can afford it, go! From your sig, I am guessing you have an AP, so it would just be the room for a couple nights plus food and whatever activities, right? You already have a flight back--just needs to be on a different day. =)

Actually my AP expires at the end of this month and I was not going to renew it since my partner has laid the law down of Disney every two years. :mad: He is so NOT a Disney fan. :scared1:

But what better reason to renew it now? LOL. I was thinking of just getting a room only reservation, and since my brother-in-law is going with me to the vacation the week before and he is in the Air National Guard, he can get the 5 day park hopper companion pass for only $99 bucks from the military special.

So I will see if it will be cheaper to upgrade the tickets from the vacation to an AP or have him get me the $99 pass. We got a pin code with our tickets, so unless they bridge the price, it may be cheaper for the $99 ticket.

But I'm up to 91% now :lmao:

Umm no to go to far off topic but what is DATW? I have been trying to figure it out but I can't and I've seen it listed a few places.

Umm no to go to far off topic but what is DATW? I have been trying to figure it out but I can't and I've seen it listed a few places.

It means Drink Around the World...

:)

DISers (or anyone) gets together and goes around Epcot and sampling drinks along the way. But you can also go just to hang out with folks. :thumbsup2

DISers (or anyone) gets together and goes around Epcot and sampling drinks along the way. But you can also go just to hang out with folks. :thumbsup2

I learned of DATW as a CM, long before I had heard of the DIS.:goodvibes

(But DATW with DIS'ers is soooo much more fun!)

Drink Around The World

I learned of DATW as a CM, long before I had heard of the DIS.:goodvibes

(But DATW with DIS'ers is soooo much more fun!)

Oh thanks, I was really trying to hard to figure it out I guess. I was thinking DIS At The World maybe. Ummm I don't drink but I can be the one to remember everything the next morning. It looks like I've jumped up to 95% sure of going don't it..... :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter