Dis Exclusive July Backstage Magic Adventure 7/6-7/11 Sold Out

Got my hair cut this afternoon as part of my trip prep. As the barber was showing me the final result with a mirror, he said, "Everybody neat and pretty?" I couldn't help but respond, "Then on with the show!" And no, we hadn't been talking about Disney at all. Turns out he went to college in LA and worked as a seasonal CM while he was in school.

-- Dave

Kim,

If you've never been to the Tar Pits, I highly recommend going! The museum isn't very big, so it shouldn't take you very long to get through. It always blows my mind to see the tar pits and think about what the area looked like millions of years ago!

Melissa

OK back to the Tar Pits then the Farmer's Market plan.

I got my pedicure today in prep, today's my last day off till we go that I have no kids or husbands around with me. Very productive, I think I might be packed.. Maybe. ...

I'm going to be doing an early, quick coastal / canyon drive on Sunday morning and will be dropped off at the Farmers Market between noon and 12:30. I would share an Uber car or Taxi with anyone else who would be heading back to the Loews a couple hours later.

Kim, the Tar Pits Museum was one of the things I had considered doing. If you go, I'd love to see the photos!

I'm getting a little behind because my laptop has been failing again. After the 3rd time, Apple is replacing it since it's still in warranty. Not the best time for this to happen since I use it for work and have lots to do before I leave! Better than next week, though.

Just thought I'd pop over and say "hi" to everyone on this trip! I'll be at DL the day your tour ends and on, so I look forward to seeing some of you! :)

Oooh, yay! Hopefully we'll get a chance to say hello. I have to head back home the day the trip ends, alas.

-- Dave

Had to log into Chat using Facebook tonight . Regular login didn't work.

Bummer...couldn't log in for chat tonight. :( That's just the way it goes - I'm home for chat and can't get in...lol

See you all next week!

Bummer...couldn't log in for chat tonight. :( That's just the way it goes - I'm home for chat and can't get in...lol

See you all next week!

If you have Facebook or twitter, you can log in through those means. I never seem to log in through my username.

If any of you are coming to Disneyland next week they are running the 4th of July fireworks every night from the 1st-4th. I am going to see them on the 1st. I've never seen them before, so I'm excited!!!

Melissa

...and for fun one week out from our trip, AMC is showing Volcano right now! Would put a small damper on things.. :)

We're only a week away from the tour beginning. Who is almost packed? I actually got mostly packed yesterday (need the underwear and a couple other things this week).

We're only a week away from the tour beginning. Who is almost packed? I actually got mostly packed yesterday (need the underwear and a couple other things this week).

I'm usually a wait until the last minute packer, but I wound up channeling some nervous energy into sorting laundry and getting packed. All I really need to do right now is pack my toiletries.

Alas I took a bit of a tumble yesterday and my arm is all banged up and achey. Long story short, we were walking the dogs and the dog got his leash caught in my flip flop. I'm just thankful it wasn't worse! I'm going to take it easy this week to make sure not to hurt it any more.

Totally ready for this adventure to begin!

A quick heads up to all of you finalizing your packing lists! The weather is going to be a bit hotter than normal on Sunday and Monday. It will be in the low 90s in Hollywood. It is scheduled to cool back down to mid 80s by Tuesday though.

I'm thinking about purchasing some Disney GCs from Sam's Club as they offer them at a discount.

Would I be able to use these at DLR in general? I recall a post a while back saying they couldn't be used at MoG, right?

I'm thinking about purchasing some Disney GCs from Sam's Club as they offer them at a discount.

Would I be able to use these at DLR in general? I recall a post a while back saying they couldn't be used at MoG, right?

You'll definitely be able to use them at DLR. I think there were some conflicting reports about MoG.

I got several at Target, too. They have a 5% discount if you use their debit (or Visa) Cards. You can use the Disney GCs for shopping, meals, the 3 Disney resorts, etc at DLR. I use them at WDW, too. It keeps me from reaching for my credit card!

You'll definitely be able to use them at DLR. I think there were some conflicting reports about MoG.

Awesome! I'm thinking it would be nice to even get a small discount on our meal at Napa Rose! :)

I got several at Target, too. They have a 5% discount if you use their debit (or Visa) Cards. You can use the Disney GCs for shopping, meals, the 3 Disney resorts, etc at DLR. I use them at WDW, too. It keeps me from reaching for my credit card!

I actually stumbled onto a thread on the Budget Board where they were talking about the way to gt the most % off a card. Through a couple of discounts and getting cash back on our card, I'll end up saving about 7.5%.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter