DIS Shareholders and Stock Info ONLY

hhisc16

DHHIR owner, DISDAD
This Thread is for DIS shareholders and others interested in the DIS stock only.

Discussions about RCID issues/politics are not allowed on this thread. (It is the reason why our other Disney Stocks and Earnings thread got locked.)

DIS stock today took a drop. Next earnings call for Q2 2022 is May 11.
1650997673481.png

Last edited:
As a DIS shareholder as of 10/2021, my DIS holdings have dropped.
I am curious to see what Q2 2022 earnings call may hold for us shareholders!

I a DIS stockholder from long ago. My current holding is mostly in my 401k, but I do have some shares in my name as well. I go back to the days of actual share certificates.

Yes, I'm troubled that the stock is hitting a 52 week low. So troubled that I wound up buying more! I figure its bound to go up. There is more value in that company that its current stock price would indicate, IMHO. But I'd feel better if there was a change at the top.

There needs to be an unmoderated “no holds barred” Thunderdome style category/forum where people can moan and groan without normal threads getting locked.
Funny you say this because I was going to make a post suggesting similar. Not sure maybe you were joking but I feel like if there's one spot on the boards where everyone can feel free enough to discuss hot button issues then it would make all other parts of the Dis a zero tolerance policy and people could deal with that bc they know there is a specific forum dedicated as an outlet. I mean we're all adults it's not feasible to say what amounts to "don't talk about real life because we don't want to hear about it la la la (fingers in ears)".

This Thread is for DIS shareholders and others interested in the DIS stock only.

Discussions about RCID issues/politics are not allowed on this thread. It is the reason why our other Disney Stocks and Earnings thread got locked.)

DIS stock today took a drop. Next earnings call for Q2 2022 is May 11.

Thanks for starting this up hhisc16, I was about to do the same!

One of the moderators told me that a few posts were borderline and that is why we got shutdown.

Please keep any politics out of here so we can talk business and only business.

I'll play nice to begin with. I'm long DIS and have been for 30+ years, with a $26 cost basis. Really enjoyed the dividends until they "suspended" them in 2020. Not sure if/when they'll come back but we know for sure it will not be the $1.76/shr we received in 2019. The entire market has been under pressure this year and most recently with two 800 point sell-offs in the Dow in the last 3 trading days. DIS has followed suit, but also got dinged with the"sympathy sell" when NFLX reported their recent earnings and subscriber decrease. I won't mention the non-financial impacts. Fortunately, I don't need the cash now so will ride this back up, but now have a price target in mind to start selling some shares hoping that target is reached.

Today's closing price: 115.77. Trending down in after hours.

Last edited:
Not sure how you can talk about the stock price without discussing the primary reason it’s dropping, and the primary reasons Disney has been in the headlines. But good luck to you.
You must have missed the chart I posted in the other thread showing DIS vs NFLIX vs SONY - they have all followed the same exact trajectory the last 4 months. in fact DIS was the best performer of the bunch. Current drop has zero to do with politics, just like this thread :)

Regarding DIS vs NFLIX, many folks fail to realize they are very different companies. DIS has more than one leg to stand on for earnings. Its not just streaming media that propels this company.

The whole market is down...since November -ish? Disney stock dropped big on the day with the Netflix earnings report. Not sure how much the most the most recent news has affected it, it was already down. I've been buying through all of this, as Disney stock is long term for me. Eventually it will be back and we'll miss todays price.

Regarding DIS vs NFLIX, many folks fail to realize they are very different companies. DIS has more than one leg to stand on for earnings. Its not just streaming media that propels this company.

They are very different companies but one of the major reasons for ride up to 200 and back down to where we are today was due to WS analysts applying the high NFLIX multiple to the streaming portion of DIS' many revenue streams.
Live by the high multiple during the free Fed money times and die by it during the tightening.

In the other thread I mentioned that RCID going away would have near zero impact on DIS costs. The first item in this article describes my thinking, that OC takes on both the cost and the revenue (taxes DIS currently pays to RC):

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/desantis-disney-battle-created-financial-162227303.html

The first path—perhaps the most likely—is what Marlowe calls a potential “soft landing,” in which the state dissolves Reedy Creek, but then assists Orange County in taking on the infrastructure maintenance that the district previously administered.

In this scenario, the district’s debt would still move over to Orange County’s balance sheet, says Marlowe, but so would the revenues that have financed it for decades.

“As long as those revenues continue to flow, Orange County would have adequate revenues to be able to not only make those debt service payments, but continue to make many of the kinds of investments that Reedy Creek now makes,” he says.

Those revenues consist of the taxes that Reedy Creek currently levies on Disney. Marlowe says that Florida could help Orange County replicate that arrangement, or even make it more efficient, by granting the county the power to impose the same taxes on the company.

Alternatively, Orange County could opt to create a new, dependent district with the sole purpose of assessing the debt back onto Disney.

The whole market is down...since November -ish? Disney stock dropped big on the day with the Netflix earnings report. Not sure how much the most the most recent news has affected it, it was already down. I've been buying through all of this, as Disney stock is long term for me. Eventually it will be back and we'll miss todays price.
I’d suspect it’ll drop most of this year. Just like almost everything else. It’s pretty much the biggest indicator of a recession which I still think we’re in the early phases of.

I’d suspect it’ll drop most of this year. Just like almost everything else. It’s pretty much the biggest indicator of a recession which I still think we’re in the early phases of.
Just dollar cost averaging through it all. I agree with the recession coming next year. Just thinking long term.

I'm by no means a stock market expert, but wouldn't Comcast be one of the best comparisons against Disney? I know it is not exactly apples to apples being DOW and NASDAQ, but the overall trajectory of both have been pretty similar. It is just a rough time if a lot of your business is in travel/hospitality and media/streaming.

DIS is one of my weekly investments so I guess I can be happy it's down? Not really as I was on the + side till this afternoon. The way I see it, now is the time to just purchase more. They say scared money won't make money. I look at this as an opportunity to take my average cost down since it just dropped below my average.

Some of us on here are looking at this through some hard core rose colored glasses but just a little word of advice...

EVEN if SOMEHOW you think none of the current politics makes a lick of difference...and EVEN if you think somehow Dis+ isn't going to lose a lot of subscribers which is all Wall Street ever cares about lately, and EVEN IF you don't see how every earnings and everything is being sold off regardless because we are in the throes of a major bear market that we won't be coming out of anytime soon...

If you want to keep purchasing I would DCA very cautiously. The 116 support was broken today. Tomorrow we may have a relief rally...maybe and that's only because Microsoft saved the market's behinds. But in general the next stop is low 100's. That would seem like a good place to start moving the chips in if you really want more Disney stock (Although I recommend looking around at all the fire sales around you). Let's hope it finds support there because if it somehow breaks 100 we're for sure looking at an $85 retest. Going back to 85 would be an unmitigated disaster. Even low 100s is absolutely dreadful. Heck right now at 115 is almost unfathomable considering in 2015 the stock was at 118.

I mean we can be in love with Disney...we can hope for the best with the stock we own...but closing your eyes to the reality of the market and not seeing the macro and micro trends is not what makes a good investor. The trend is your friend.

Some of us on here are looking at this through some hard core rose colored glasses but just a little word of advice...

EVEN if SOMEHOW you think none of the current politics makes a lick of difference...and EVEN if you think somehow Dis+ isn't going to lose a lot of subscribers which is all Wall Street ever cares about lately, and EVEN IF you don't see how every earnings and everything is being sold off regardless because we are in the throes of a major bear market that we won't be coming out of anytime soon...

If you want to keep purchasing I would DCA very cautiously. The 116 support was broken today. Tomorrow we may have a relief rally...maybe and that's only because Microsoft saved the market's behinds. But in general the next stop is low 100's. That would seem like a good place to start moving the chips in if you really want more Disney stock (Although I recommend looking around at all the fire sales around you). Let's hope it finds support there because if it somehow breaks 100 we're for sure looking at an $85 retest. Going back to 85 would be an unmitigated disaster. Even low 100s is absolutely dreadful. Heck right now at 115 is almost unfathomable considering in 2015 the stock was at 118.

I mean we can be in love with Disney...we can hope for the best with the stock we own...but closing your eyes to the reality of the market and not seeing the macro and micro trends is not what makes a good investor. The trend is your friend.
I totally agree with this post 100%. I am a "Small" trader. I mostly trade crypto daily in my spare time watching TV at night buying the dips then setting a limit sell. Next day I do it all over. For stocks I hold some Amazon, DIS, Apple and Roblox. Had some Kodak and sold at the right time. My DIS stock is all "House" money at this point. I was lucky to purchase 500 shares March 2020 for around $90 a share. I sold it exactly 1 year later at $190 a share. Later in 2021 I did buy a smaller amount at $143 a share and have been adding a share a week which brought my average down to $138.58 a share. I know not everyone thinks like I do but the way I see it, I won't lose a penny if I don't sell. Panic selling is why most investors lose. I'm all about the HODL when things are looking down. I've been sitting on 50 million Shiba Inu coins since October 2021.

IMG_4153.PNG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter