Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received this email from my Dreams agent last night. Maybe people are reaching out with questions about where their money goes and if it’s safe? Seems weird if it’s not related to this situation.

Below is a message that John Magi, President and co-owner of Dreams Unlimited Travel has asked that I send to you in his behalf. We do not have the capability to email all clients at once so he has asked me, and my fellow agents, to send this to our current clients. If you have any questions or would like to follow-up with him his direct email address isJohn@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

Thanks

Dear Valued Client
Thank you for choosing Dreams Unlimited Travel for your precious vacation.
I wanted to make sure you are aware of our policy regarding reservation payments.
When you book with Dreams Unlimited Travel we do not charge your credit card directly. Every payment we receive from you gets passed along to the destination you booked (i.e. DCL, WDW, DLR, RCCL, ABD, Aulani, Universal, etc.). We do not hold your money. This ensures that your vacation and your money is protected and safe.

If you would like to verify that all payments made so far have been applied to your reservation, just send your agent an email and he/she can provide you with the most up-to-date confirmation showing all payments.
Please feel free to email me directly with any questions or concerns you might have atJohn@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com
Sincerely,
John Magi

President, Co-Owner

Dreams Unlimited Travel, Inc
I'm sure that the current situation prompted John to write this. It seems to me to be a very clear explanation for those concerned about the security of their funds. I also know that John does respond to all emails so if anybody has a further question they should contact him directly.

He started his own website with the availability charts. *********** (posting the url to see if it’s blocked)
Those charts are so good, probably the most important chart in all of DVC (other then the point charts themselves). Important to current members planning their trips and essential to new members deciding if to buy and if so where and how much to buy depending on their plans and travel habit.

The other forum delved into this and supposedly he was doing all these charts by hand/manually and it was getting very time consuming. He had originally just did it for his own contracts/home resort but they are just so good everyone wanted him to do their home resort too. To make it easier he wanted it to host it somewhere off of Dis, not sure if he was going to monetize it (he definitely deserved it) but he really just wanted to make it easier for him to update the charts and make it as up to date as possible.

I mean… that’s the exact point of the comment. I want to continue to support them but I’d need to see certain things first. You disagree - good on ya.

This attitude of “the team doesn’t have to tell us anything” is so strange. So we should just be okay with hearing these horrible stories and that’s it? We as supporters don’t deserve to hear the team’s reactions, responses, plans going forward?

And I’m not saying the team hasn’t started to communicate a little more, but the pearl-clutching and “how dare you!” protectionist attitude is so off to me.
We don’t have the “right” to know all we want to know. It’s a privilege that has been given to us by the podcast team and others involved. If you don’t want to support the podcast then don’t. If you do then do so. You (and others) don’t know what’s going on in private. We need to give them the time to figure out what they feel comfortable discussing. There are legal, financial and personal issues that need to be accounted for.

I received this email from my Dreams agent last night. Maybe people are reaching out with questions about where their money goes and if it’s safe? Seems weird if it’s not related to this situation.

Below is a message that John Magi, President and co-owner of Dreams Unlimited Travel has asked that I send to you in his behalf. We do not have the capability to email all clients at once so he has asked me, and my fellow agents, to send this to our current clients. If you have any questions or would like to follow-up with him his direct email address isJohn@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

Thanks

Dear Valued Client
I wanted to make sure you are aware of our policy regarding reservation payments.
When you book with Dreams Unlimited Travel we do not charge your credit card directly. Every payment we receive from you gets passed along to the destination you booked (i.e. DCL, WDW, DLR, RCCL, ABD, Aulani, Universal, etc.). We do not hold your money. This ensures that your vacation and your money is protected and safe.

If you would like to verify that all payments made so far have been applied to your reservation, just send your agent an email and he/she can provide you with the most up-to-date confirmation showing all payments.
Please feel free to email me directly with any questions or concerns you might have atJohn@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com
Sincerely,
John Magi

President, Co-Owner

Dreams Unlimited Travel, Inc
Thanks for this. It's good to know payments are precessed directly by Disney and they keep the funds. I was starting to worry about my ABD trip booked for December.

At this point I think we all need to accept that due to pending litigation Dreams Unlimited can’t provide much more of a response.

I definitely feel for them. I would be enraged if my business partner charged almost a million dollars on a company credit card. Can’t imagine what he bought with those funds.

We don’t have the “right” to know all we want to know. It’s a privilege that has been given to us by the podcast team and others involved. If you don’t want to support the podcast then don’t. If you do then do so. You (and others) don’t know what’s going on in private. We need to give them the time to figure out what they feel comfortable discussing. There are legal, financial and personal issues that need to be accounted for.

I'm sorry, but I truly do not understand what is so egregious about wanting more information from a business that is currently in a very moral and ethical crisis before deciding if we want to continue supporting it.

If you're disgusted by what happened and you're a DU client, a Patreon subscriber, etc., you don't think you're entitled to know if Pete is benefiting from your continued financial support of this company? You don't think you're entitled to know how the company is planning to respond to these terrible things? And also, even if you're a supporter of the boards and show, you don't think you deserve to hear from the team? It's a "privilege"? Really? So you would be okay if this entire thing was swept under the rug and forgotten about?

Now with all that being said, I am totally comfortable with giving them time and appreciate some of the responses so far, particularly Ryno's. And until evidence or the "smell test" tells me otherwise, I have no problem believing most of the people on the team had no idea what was going on.

I'm sorry, but I truly do not understand what is so egregious about wanting more information from a business that is currently in a very moral and ethical crisis before deciding if we want to continue supporting it.

If you're disgusted by what happened and you're a DU client, a Patreon subscriber, etc., you don't think you're entitled to know if Pete is benefiting from your continued financial support of this company? You don't think you're entitled to know how the company is planning to respond to these terrible things? And also, even if you're a supporter of the boards and show, you don't think you deserve to hear from the team? It's a "privilege"? Really? So you would be okay if this entire thing was swept under the rug and forgotten about?

Now with all that being said, I am totally comfortable with giving them time and appreciate some of the responses so far, particularly Ryno's. And until evidence or the "smell test" tells me otherwise, I have no problem believing most of the people on the team had no idea what was going on.
I would assume Pete, as a co owner of DUT, benefits financially from every booking, Patreon subscriber, and ad revenue. He still owns part of the company.

As someone who has just been observing this with fascination and sadness for those involved and with no skin in the game, pun most certainly intended, I'd say it seems like a whole bunch of people are titillated by the salacious nature of what's going on. It seems like some people - not saying you, directly - have not liked Pete for whatever reason for some time and are using the internet to now pile on and exert some sort of power/influence over what happens to him and his business. This happens all the time now, in the small, connected world the internet has given us, and has even given rise to the term "cancel culture."

Does he seem guilty? Does he seem to be most-certainly an awful person in many regards? Yes. But even as a consumer of his product(s) I personally don't feel ANY right to know anything about anything. I mean, I'll gladly read the information that leaks out - I'm here looking at these posts with interest like the rest of us - but when I see people who are not employees, who are not relatives of employees, and who are not investors so demanding of information, it feels very much like mob mentality.

So yeah, it's a stretch when people try to establish some standing as to why they should get answers, when all they really want is to get off on getting more inside dirt. I'm not really judging, but you asked.

With an active legal proceeding going on related to the debt, it is imperative that they be careful about their statements. While there are two different issues playing out concurrently, it is still very complicated… and will be for some time given the speed of our legal system.

You definitely aren’t wrong. That’s why I cancelled my Patreon Suscription.

I'd say it seems like a whole bunch of people are titillated by the salacious nature of what's going on. It seems like some people - not saying you, directly - have not liked Pete for whatever reason for some time and are using the internet to now pile on and exert some sort of power/influence over what happens to him and his business.

That's definitely an understandable opinion, but I can safely say that is not me haha, a quick look at my posting history shows me (now embarrassingly to the point of kinda feeling bad about it) absolutely gushing over how much I loved Pete. Check out the thread I made when I met him! Check out the comment I made regarding his announcement of going to rehab this year! I cringe now thinking about how I was so fooled.

As someone who has just been observing this with fascination and sadness for those involved and with no skin in the game, pun most certainly intended, I'd say it seems like a whole bunch of people are titillated by the salacious nature of what's going on. It seems like some people - not saying you, directly - have not liked Pete for whatever reason for some time and are using the internet to now pile on and exert some sort of power/influence over what happens to him and his business. This happens all the time now, in the small, connected world the internet has given us, and has even given rise to the term "cancel culture."

Does he seem guilty? Does he seem to be most-certainly an awful person in many regards? Yes. But even as a consumer of his product(s) I personally don't feel ANY right to know anything about anything. I mean, I'll gladly read the information that leaks out - I'm here looking at these posts with interest like the rest of us - but when I see people who are not employees, who are not relatives of employees, and who are not investors so demanding of information, it feels very much like mob mentality.

So yeah, it's a stretch when people try to establish some standing as to why they should get answers, when all they really want is to get off on getting more inside dirt. I'm not really judging, but you asked.
Even though I don't agree with everything Tonyz has said or is asking for, I don't think there is anything problematic about the request. He's acknowledging it may take time or even may never come. Also, you could get "more" just by visiting the other site, so if anything asking management to answer for the situation here is a bit more respectable than crossing the border into the gossip web and digging up anything and everything. The reason people keep going round and round with him is that they're outraged he would even ask for more. However for the most part I don't think any of the discourse has been inappropriate given how much time and money some people (maybe Tonyz) have sunk into this community.

That's definitely an understandable opinion, but I can safely say that is not me haha, a quick look at my posting history shows me (now embarrassingly to the point of kinda feeling bad about it) absolutely gushing over how much I loved Pete. Check out the thread I made when I met him! Check out the comment I made regarding his announcement of going to rehab this year! I cringe now thinking about how I was so fooled.
What is embarrassing about it? I loved Pete on the show and was saving up so I could go on one the cruises or AbD trips to hangout with him. He seemed like a cool guy. I was happy he was going to rehab and he sounded like a guy that overcame addiction, beat his own demons, and started a successful business. Sure there were odd things I dislike like his flaunting of his wealth over the viewers and employees and some of his jokes I didn't find funny but overall, he seemed like a fun guy to talk Disney with. Before he was a realtor he bragged about not being constrained by realtor ethics so was telling it "how it is" regarding neighborhoods in Orlando, and was also hesitant (before going all in) on DVC. He gave an opinion that seemed honest and contrarian in a sea of fawning influencers (I mean just look at the Disney content right now on social media) praising Disney to get exclusive invites, sucking up for access, and ulterior motives to get you to buy DVC. He even straight up said to go to Universal over Disney (maybe UO commissions are better?). At one time he said, eh don't even vacation here. I appreciated that and I am sure many others did as well.

Obviously this SA is absolutely horrendous and has turned everyone's opinion around but he was successful for a reason, he had the charisma and talent to attract his audience, and we are but his audience.

Last edited:
Even though I don't agree with everything Tonyz has said or is asking for, I don't think there is anything problematic about the request. He's acknowledging it may take time or even may never come. Also, you could get "more" just by visiting the other site, so if anything asking management to answer for the situation here is a bit more respectable than crossing the border into the gossip web and digging up anything and everything. The reason people keep going round and round with him is that they're outraged he would even ask for more. However for the most part I don't think any of the discourse has been inappropriate given how much time and money some people (maybe Tonyz) have sunk into this community.

Much appreciated!

Thanks

Dear Valued Client

Sincerely,
John Magi

President, Co-Owner

Dreams Unlimited Travel,
Remember… the owners of Dreams will get their cut (commission) from the vacation you booked with them (at appropriate time).

John needs to announce when PW is disinvested…

Also waiting for PW to disinvest from all that is DIS and his videos subsequently scrubbed…
I do not think the DIS can continue/survive otherwise.

Will he ever admit he did anything wrong? 😂🤣😂😂 Not likely-that goes along with the narcissistic monster behavior. (we had one in our family.)

I’ve been a member of the boards since 2004, and would watch the disunplugged videos at work during lunch every Tuesday. I remember when Dustin left. Thought nothing of it other than it was a great loss to the program, and Craig had big shoes to fill. And then the litany of other young men came and went… For me I always thought it was odd,
but the older adults stayed? The ones who knew PW for a very long time. Why? And then there was a dining review from the private room in Citroco’s . Mind blown. Big giant red flag went up then. Then a lot of things start making sense and fall into place… from then I usually did not make it past the first five minutes of the show.

Last week’s announcement sent me quickly down a rabbit hole…

What the actual…
Disgusted and saddened.

@Dustin - so very sorry. :(
Sean as well. :(
The ones that had the means and courage to leave.💪
…and all the other victims that have withstood abuse in various degrees… you are stronger than you think. ❤️

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter