Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone! Long time no see. I miss all of you! I wasn't even sure if I'd have access to these boards anymore. but lo and behold, I do. First an foremost, thank you all for your unwavering support during all of this. If it wasn't clear before, it should be now... it's really me!" Everything I'm writing, I hope, is fair and balanced (and most assuredly true.)

You all know that I'm a pretty reasonable guy. I wouldn't just randomly make up things for the drama and spectacle. This has been an interesting 10 years or so to say the least. It's taken some therapy, courage, and willingness to break through to get me to this point. I feel my story is worth sharing and will help others come forward (no matter what the degree of their situation.)

There are so many others that have left the company before and after me that I'm sure went through something harsh regarding Pete. I don't know to what degree. But I hope they find strength in solidarity whether they come forward or not.

Regarding the two main issues going on right now... The Amex charges and lawsuit most certainly need to be addressed. But based on my knowledge of how things work. This was most certainly done without any other person in the company's knowledge. That's why it's becoming a lawsuit and an issue. But to be fair, that truly is out of my wheel house. And I'm sure it will be addressed and resolved.

Regarding the sexual assault and any other harassment, intimidation, or another form of control and abuse of power...
When it was happening to me, I knew something was off. I knew a company should not be run like this. But I also knew that this was my dream. This was my future. This was everything to me. In many ways, Pete used his power over me to isolate me and remove all options I had (or thought I had of leaving.) It took absolute scorched earth and bravery on my part to finally get out. To fight and push my way out. from what I'm reading from others, like Sean, the same had to be done.

I would imagine that the folks who are currently working at the DIS, knew something was off. They knew that Pete was hard to work for. But when I relate this man to a cult leader, I'm not joking. He will give you all your dreams and tear you down to keep them. This, undeniably in my eyes, to any varying degree has happened to every single person who has worked directly for him or with him.

Everyone I know working there currently (from LOTS of personal experience) is a kind, gentle, and loving human being. Many I have longed to reconnect with even after years of separation cause they always stood up for me or at least let me talk to them in veiled misguided therapy sessions. No one ever wanted this for me or anyone else. They didn't know the full extent.

They knew what I knew. This man controlled every second of their life. They did what they could to make a life without him in certain key times. They are fighting just as hard to get out of his shadow as I was. I don't say this lightly at all... I'm not the only victim. I'm not the only person who had a dream to work and play in the parks. I found the courage to get out. 10 years later I'm sharing my truth and exercising more courage because someone did it before me.

Maybe this is their time. They may actually have the chance to build something even better if you give them the chance. Like I said, they are all amazing and loving people. If for one second any of them truly knew what I was going through, we would've teamed up against all of this. I only wish I knew that back then.

I'll be around. Please ask questions. I'm only human, and I have my perspective, but please know that they are doing the best they can with a crappy situation.

Happy to be back on the Boards.
Khertz said it beautifully. I could not register on TL, but to you and Sean- I support you and am proud of you for coming toward. Thank you for sharing your story.

Charles Boda here:

TLDR: I knew, Pete confessed to me, I'm sorry

He used his confession to isolate you further from the others...how horrifying it must've felt for you.

Hidden cameras in the bathroom? JFC, I can see you knowing the REAL reason when they announced they are moving the studio out of his house!

So it is confirmed Pete knew what he did to Dustin was wrong, I was holding out hope that somehow Pete was too narcissistic or succeeded in deluding himself that it did not go down like that. It wouldn't have made anything better or changed anything but I just wasn't ready that he was at a level even below what was described (I mentioned before I liked and admired the guy).

I always thought you were somehow mocking the Dis (and other vloggers) with your outfit and seemingly out of place vocabulary during your reviews. I found it absolutely hilarious. This guy is in a three piece suit using fancy terms to describe Disney food. Remembering how I would laughing at some your takes saddens me that you did not share the same joy making the videos with the burden you had to carry.

I salute you sir and hope your days be forever simple, peaceful, and happy.

I just wanted to say I was not saying you intentionally were an enabler. However from reading earlier posts that you could not appeal a decision based on points was I believe part of the issue. People did bring up why did people leave without the fanfare Steve etc. Which now looking back was a form of control to threaten people to be blocked if they spoke up and asked the wrong question.

I am sure the 95% of the mods are good people with good intentions but I'm saying the no right to a second opinion seems like it could have been apart of the issue. With one member being blocked for challenging the decision of a mod to then get more black points and banned.

Control is going but the system needs a recourse so people can point out red flags if they see them.
I still don’t think you’re fully understanding how mods vs. webmasters work.

Hidden cameras in the bathroom? JFC, I can see you knowing the REAL reason when they announced they are moving the studio out of his house!
Now I understand why he told the panel on one of the Tuesday shows that he doesn't like the word "pervert". I can't remember the show's topic that day but when he said that I felt really uncomfortable. I wish I could remember the episode. I could not understand why someone would be so offended at that word when they were talking about somebody else's reprehensible behavior.

I’m running out of words for how horrifying this entire situation is. Thank you for sharing your story Charles. I am so sorry for everyone who has been affected by this man’s evil web. I wish there was anything better to say or do , but there just isn’t.

I don't know much about Florida laws, but is use of hidden cameras considered criminal there?
Section 810.14 of the Florida Statutes prohibits secret observation of other people when they are located in a place that provides a “reasonable expectation of privacy.” A subsection of the same law applies specifically to recording people with cameras, camcorders, or any other device capable of recording, storing, or ...

He has been spending lavishly for years. Sean mentioned Pete makes half a mil to a mil a year and a lot of his travel is a business expense depending how they have it set up.

This million dollar (and the other two Amex cards) seems to he an anomaly where he somehow in less then 6 months not only racked up the debt but also didn’t pay any of it. I feel this is due to Pete having some issues that goes beyond financial. Especially if true he applied for the card behind John’s (who by their own admission runs all the numbers) back. 1 million in debt (plus the spend with cash and other cards, checks I am sure he had) just doesn’t add up. I don’t care how many cruises he took (and those with more experience with dcl can go back and piece together how many of those he went and approx spent and even then I assume some of all of it is a business expense), or how much tacky jewelry he rang up, it just doesn’t add up.

Maybe dvc but again we can see (since he loves to brag and we can look up the deeds) he really didn’t buy much in the past six months and he tends to finance those so he wouldn’t need to shell out so much (Monera even take credit cards?).

Is Pete doing this on purpose? There are cash flow issues within the companies (I mentioned before Pete is the best candidate to pin and declare bankruptcy amongst the owners) either DUT or one the dis subsidiaries (more likely as it strengthen johns claim that Pete acted alone)? We may never know.
Since 2019, he has accumulated around 2100 DVC points, at a cost of around $270,000. ($200,000 of that was done in 2022 - with 1000 points at RIV alone) And I think most of that was financed via Monera or Disney financing. His last DVC purchase was for about $90k back in July via direct (500 RIV points). I'm still baffled how he could have possible racked up that much debt in such a short time. Only thing that makes sense is cash advances and gambling...b/c DVC by itself certainly didn't do it.

Could PW make a claim for defamation of character or libel against posters on this forum or the other one? Presumably, as ‘Owner’ of this board he would be able to access posters’ registered details.
I wouldn't think so, but you make a good point. Obviously, it clearly doesn't look good for PW but he still hasn't addressed these things. Being a horrible boss/person doesn't constitute a crime. Make S advances in a "relationship" isn't necessarily a crime. SF was in a relationship with him -albeit a pretty horrible one by my understanding. According to Wiki, DW had a "relationship" as well ...and what PW did creeps even me out. Which is why most of us probably choose to not share sleeping arrangements with co-workers, and if that were to happen(I'm speaking for myself only) there is one way to stop that type of behavior in its tracks. Whether DW did that or not isn't really clear from what I've seen. Without question, both situations are awful but I've heard one side ...with the addition of dozens of others theorizing this and that. Personally, I'm not ready to destroy the livelihood of a few because of the actions of one -not yet anyway.

Last edited:
This site has always been a bit heavy handed when it came to moderation. In a sense, this site has mostly served as a way to get people to DU and that financial cash flow must be protected. So, any negative discussion of Pete, DU, or The Dis had to be immediately and quickly stomped out. Intentional or not, this moderation has allowed Pete to get away with much of what he has done. Yes, they are allowed to do delete and ban what they want on this site but, it is That behavior which has allowed this cancer to continue to spread for 20+ years.
People have referred to "the other site" and it's not the first, and not the only, "the other site" that has been discussing problems over here. Fortunately, the current "other site" is the one that finally was able to made an impact. Mods and Webmasters have known about these sites for decades. they have read what was posted. Some of them may have even secretly participated. In the end, if you posted on these other sites, and they figured out who you were, you were banned here.
Many people were banned during the first iteration of Discon which fell apart due to Pete. When people were asking for refunds, a lot of those checks bounced and if you brought it up, you were banned.
Many people were banned for complaining about the racist/ableist podcast. This was around 2009? 2010? and Disney held a naturalization ceremony, which got referred to as "The Parade Of Maids". Let that comment sink in for a minute. On the same podcast, because of how Bob was dressed, he was told he looked "like a retard". As a Latino, and as someone having a family member with Downs Syndrome, I wouldn't keep my mouth shut and that was why I was banned. While the podcast was eventually pulled, never was an apology made to these communities.
The point of this is to say that all of these problems and issues go back much further than most people here understand. They're not new and they're not unknown.

TTFN

This site has always been a bit heavy handed when it came to moderation. In a sense, this site has mostly served as a way to get people to DU and that financial cash flow must be protected. So, any negative discussion of Pete, DU, or The Dis had to be immediately and quickly stomped out. Intentional or not, this moderation has allowed Pete to get away with much of what he has done. Yes, they are allowed to do delete and ban what they want on this site but, it is That behavior which has allowed this cancer to continue to spread for 20+ years.
People have referred to "the other site" and it's not the first, and not the only, "the other site" that has been discussing problems over here. Fortunately, the current "other site" is the one that finally was able to made an impact. Mods and Webmasters have known about these sites for decades. they have read what was posted. Some of them may have even secretly participated. In the end, if you posted on these other sites, and they figured out who you were, you were banned here.
Many people were banned during the first iteration of Discon which fell apart due to Pete. When people were asking for refunds, a lot of those checks bounced and if you brought it up, you were banned.
Many people were banned for complaining about the racist/ableist podcast. This was around 2009? 2010? and Disney held a naturalization ceremony, which got referred to as "The Parade Of Maids". Let that comment sink in for a minute. On the same podcast, because of how Bob was dressed, he was told he looked "like a retard". As a Latino, and as someone having a family member with Downs Syndrome, I wouldn't keep my mouth shut and that was why I was banned. While the podcast was eventually pulled, never was an apology made to these communities.
The point of this is to say that all of these problems and issues go back much further than most people here understand. They're not new and they're not unknown.

TTFN

Reading your post reminds me of the Tim Tracker thread on these boards that had hundreds and hundreds of posts trashing them for their insensitive shenanigans years ago. They removed it and apologized and that still wasn’t good enough for the posters in that thread. Seems a bit hypocritical now.

This is Pete's website. He can show up here anytime he wishes and tell his disgusting criminal side of the story.
Based on what I've read, DW isn't looking for any kind of criminal or financial retribution. As disgusting as it might be, it sounded like he did this for himself.

Reading your post reminds me of the Tim Tracker thread on these boards that had hundreds and hundreds of posts trashing them for their insensitive shenanigans years ago. They removed it and apologized and that still wasn’t good enough for the posters in that thread. Seems a bit hypocritical now.
They only removed those videos after they were called out. They made money on one dressed up for an “urban party”. Even if they apologized- they now exploit those children for $$ instead.

Could PW make a claim for defamation of character or libel against posters on this forum or the other one? Presumably, as ‘Owner’ of this board he would be able to access posters’ registered details.
the truth is an affirmative defense. And the last thing he'd want is a very public jury trial that was essentially nothing but Pete's greatest hits on public display for a couple days straight.

They only removed those videos after they were called out. They made money on one dressed up for an “urban party”. Even if they apologized- they now exploit those children for $$ instead.

I really don’t care either way. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of it.

Charles Boda here:

Pete confessed to me the truth of what he did to you after almost two years of villainizing you as the one who "broke his heart." Here is how that played out:

As most DIS fans know, I have a felony. What they don't realize is that the "domestic partner" everyone thinks I stabbed was actually an abusive roomate who drugged my drinks and sexually assaulted me. We were never in a relationship, and although I suspected he was obsessed with me, I wasn't entirely aware of the assaults until he showed me pictures of them. I vomitted. The next time he put his hands on me I defended myself. My abuser even tried to visit me in jail to get me to move back into the apartment we shared. Instead, I became homeless but my abuser continued to stalk me for months.

Cut to a few years later. I was living in Pete's spare bedroom and working for the DIS. Pete was my sponsor in an addiction recovery program. He was sitting in his office with me and explained his true behavior to you in some detail. No one else on staff knew, and they likely believed his fictional account of how you "broke his heart."

I told Pete what he did to you was essentially what my abuser did to me. Pete replied that he decided to be my sponsor (after initially thinking I was hot and then finding out I was straight) because helping me would be making amends for what he did to you. This was an emotionally damaging revelation (I was his penance for abusing someone else) and I felt like a fool for letting another abuser get close to me. I did not give him the judgement-free response he thought he was owed. After 3 days of checking my bathroom for hidden cameras (he admitted he had used them before), I moved out of the house but could not afford to quit the DIS.

I continued working and tried not to focus on what I knew about him. I didn't want to be homeless again after so much work turning my life around. I was scared and confused. Eventually, on a trip to DL, I lwt Pete know I was upset that he was involved in fat-shaming Kevin and John at a work dinner without them present. Pete does not accept any criticism from anyone, so he immediately cut me off from certain jobs responsibilities. I spoke with my girlfriend about his behavior when I got home and she helped me confrot what I'd been trying to block out the entire time. Pete is a narcissistic sexual predator who controls eveyone he knows, friends, family, employees, by getting them on his payroll somehow and using his money to exert power over them. Things that were treated normal by Pete ("take close-up pictures of that hot singer at at Tiana's Place, I'm gonna ask the Maitre D' if I can get a private meeting. They know who I am here.) that we'd just avoid and get back to our real work suddenly couldn't be avoided.

Once I faced that reality, I couldn't pretend anymore. I couldn't even look Pete in the face without revulsion. I refused to be controlled, left the DIS, and went freelance.

I internally debated coming out openly about what I had learned, but telling my story meant telling yours. I didn't think it was right to bring you into a public discussion. The internet can be very cruel and victimshaming.

Please forgive my lack of communication, but I have a lot of PTSD about what happened to me by my abuser and then Pete's confession after years of lying to me to gain my trust.

While working for the DIS I loved my job and my coworkers. Few people enabled Pete, most folks were just controlled or extorted by him. There are a lot of victims to go around.

I don't know if this reply will see the light of day. Life has been much more healthy and happy since I left the DIS. I don't want to open up Pandora's box of internet cruelty. Even if I have, I guess it's important to remember what was at the bottom of that mythical box after all the negative forces were set loose on the world: Hope.

I hope you're well. I hope you forgive my silence. I hope someone, somehow, learns from this.

TLDR: I knew, Pete confessed to me, I'm sorry

My god...

I'm so sorry to hear this, but thank you for being so honest, Charles. You were always one of my favorites and I would love to support you in any current and/or future theme park/writing projects you have.

This whole thing is just vile; toxicity beyond anything we've ever seen in a community centered around WALT DISNEY WORLD.

This man needs to be held accountable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter