Disboutiquers Part 14 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so pretty! I don't remember it!

I may not have posted it. It was about this time last summer. I made 4 princess sets using pillowcases and got some of Emily's friends to model them together. I had bling and matching bows made for them all too. (They were all the first appliques I did on my new machine. I tested my new Kenmore on these. ;) )

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_1335-1.jpg

This is my neice - I love the necklace Kelly made!! It's my all time fav!!​

IMG_1242.jpg
IMG_1313.jpg

The bling!

IMG_1322.jpg

Opinions please!!!

I made a skirt last year and loved how it came out. Not long after I tried a second with different fabric and it still sits unfinished because I wasn't happy with how it was looking. Since then I haven't tried again so I decided to try to see if I could. I'm just not sure about it. In some ways, I like it but it's just not quite what I was hoping for. Here's the first one I made:

tink_frills1.jpg

Here's the newest (shown over a pettiskirt):

pink_frills2.jpg

The first skirt was a smaller size than the latest so I'm thinking the difference in length is what I'm reacting too. I also think maybe the pinks of the fabrics I used are too much the same tone so there's not enough contrast for visual interest.

I'd love your honest critique of this skirt and any ideas for what I might do to improve on it.

THANKS! :grouphug:

Okay, I nned to know if this is a tutorial or did you just do the skirt on your own. I love it and want to do a version:)
Thanks,
Christi

We needed a rally shirt. Everyone in the house had a LSU shirt for the big game except for my DD. I whipped this one up in 45min before our company came over.

100_2259.jpg

Very cute!

I may not have posted it. It was about this time last summer. I made 4 princess sets using pillowcases and got some of Emily's friends to model them together. I had bling and matching bows made for them all too. (They were all some of the first appliques I did)

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_1335-1.jpg

IMG_1242.jpg
IMG_1313.jpg

The bling!

IMG_1322.jpg

Leslie, those are FANTASTIC! I love them all!

Can I as where you guys get your patterns or directions for your outfits and you pillowcase outfits

If you will go back to the very first post of this thread (or any of the past threads on this topic) you will find VERY DETAILED instructions that will answer all of your questions. Check it out. If you still have questions, most of us would be happy to answer. However, in the interest of time for all of us, it is best to check out the first post before we re-hash the same questions over and over again. Thanks!

I may not have posted it. It was about this time last summer. I made 4 princess sets using pillowcases and got some of Emily's friends to model them together. I had bling and matching bows made for them all too. (They were all some of the first appliques I did besides Mickey heads. I tested my new machine on these.)

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_1335-1.jpg

IMG_1242.jpg
IMG_1313.jpg

The bling!

IMG_1322.jpg

AAAWWWW...OOOOHHHH, these are just beautiful! Wow, some of your first appliques? Amazingly perfect.

If you will go back to the very first post of this thread (or any of the past threads on this topic) you will find VERY DETAILED instructions that will answer all of your questions. Check it out. If you still have questions, most of us would be happy to answer. However, in the interest of time for all of us, it is best to check out the first post before we re-hash the same questions over and over again. Thanks!

Shannon,

I actually when to bed last night :lmao: so I missed everything posted-but I did see Abby Grace. She is getting so big!!!!!! And the Ariel dress is adorable!!!!

Revrob, I like your new avatar.

THANKS! It's me and my mom on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad this past spring!

Shannon,

I actually when to bed last night :lmao: so I missed everything posted-but I did see Abby Grace. She is getting so big!!!!!! And the Ariel dress is adorable!!!!

Thank you! I can't believe how big AbbyGrace is getting! She is such a big girl! How is Miss Morgan doing? Are the chickenpox healed up yet?

I may not have posted it. It was about this time last summer. I made 4 princess sets using pillowcases and got some of Emily's friends to model them together. I had bling and matching bows made for them all too. (They were all some of the first appliques I did besides Mickey heads. I tested my new machine on these.)

IMG_1339.jpg

Those are Gorgeous. I love that you did a different style for each dress.​

It is the Emma Swing Top from youcanmakethis.com. I really liked the pattern but I have to tell you it is open in the back and I know that is not for everyone:

IMG_1695.jpg

It is really cute! I know about the open back but I heard it was so hot down there.

This is so pretty! I don't remember it!

AAAWWWW...OOOOHHHH, these are just beautiful! Wow, some of your first appliques? Amazingly perfect.

They were the first appliques I did on my new (then) machine. My old singer did not applique well. Cinderella was done on the singer and if you looked at them side by side you'd see the difference. :scared1: The princesses were cut out from pillowcases.

You need a Baby Lock! :rotfl:

Oh don't I know it! Unfortuntately, this dress:

IMG_6947-1-1.jpg

just cost me nearly $800. Yes, our kitty decided to eat the leftover 6 inches of gold bias tape (bottom of dress). It nearly cost me $4000 as he was heading into surgery but after 3 days of not eating finally scarfed down a whole bowl of food. Thankfully!!! Anyway, there went my Baby Lock.

th_IMG_1339.jpg

th_IMG_1335-1.jpg

th_IMG_1242.jpg
th_IMG_1313.jpg

The bling!

th_IMG_1322.jpg

Stupid question: is there a pattern that correlates to the build a bear animals? Megan wants a matching outfit for her build a bear dog and I think the american girl size would be too tight. What do you guys use for stuffed animals (please don't say you wing it!)?

THANKS! It's me and my mom on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad this past spring!

Thank you! I can't believe how big AbbyGrace is getting! She is such a big girl! How is Miss Morgan doing? Are the chickenpox healed up yet?

Yes thankfully the spots are healing we now have fading brown patches. I know she is not contagious anymore but her poor skin looks so bad still I still don't want to take her out. Gotta love eczema in the florida humidity LOL.

Yes thankfully the spots are healing we now have fading brown patches. I know she is not contagious anymore but her poor skin looks so bad still I still don't want to take her out. Gotta love eczema in the florida humidity LOL.

Oh Cindee I hear ya! Sydni has BAD eczema and it is NO FUN!

Stupid question: is there a pattern that correlates to the build a bear animals? Megan wants a matching outfit for her build a bear dog and I think the american girl size would be too tight. What do you guys use for stuffed animals (please don't say you wing it!)?

LOL! I wing it! I was telling this to Marlo the other day! I just took a BAB shirt that I had bought and laid it out and cut around leaving a seam allowance. Then for the front (it was a button up shirt) I overlapped plenty on each side to fold it in and add buttons.

I also did boxers the same way. For the shirts you just need a front and back piece (no sleeves separate) and it works out well.

Sorry my answer was not exactly what you wanted!

LOL! I wing it! I was telling this to Marlo the other day! I just took a BAB shirt that I had bought and laid it out and cut around leaving a seam allowance. Then for the front (it was a button up shirt) I overlapped plenty on each side to fold it in and add buttons.

I also did boxers the same way. For the shirts you just need a front and back piece (no sleeves separate) and it works out well.

Sorry my answer was not exactly what you wanted!

I have a pattern for the BAB it is Simp 4624 I don't think I have used it so I can't tell you how well it works. But it says for bears 15in and 18 in.

Hi All! I am quite crafty, but don't really sew. However, I came across this Mickey scarf, and really want to learn how to make one for our upcoming December trip. I PM'd the poster, but haven't heard back any details. Do any of ya'll have suggestions on how to make one of these? Do you think that she made the whole scarf or just did the applique? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :worship:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=31760947&posted=1#post31760947

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter