Disboutiquers Part 30 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

So I need some help....

I just finished a new cotton Sofia inspired dress. My DD wore it to school last week (she was so proud) and played outside in it. It didn't get muddy but did get covered in "dirt". And I can't seem to get it out!! So far I've washed in Tide and soaked in oxiclean. Any other tips? It is cotton... I think it is called fairy frost by michael miller. It's covered in glitter and is machine washable. :laundy:

My grandmother always swore you could get stains and such out with Dawn dish soap. If you've already run it through the dryer, though, stains are likely "set" for good.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to make wizard robes? I can buy them for $45-60 (I want decent ones) but I'd like to try and save more money. My daughter (8, size 10) wants to be hermione for Halloween, at MK.
Saving money because I thik we are taking her to wizard ing world too! Adding it on. In any event anyone have suggestions? Thanks!

Ps. I don't want to make one out of a big t shirt, or some other cheat I want it to be as authentic as possible under the price of the official ones.

There are some Harry Potter robes, scarves on Zulily right now... The robe is only $13.29 + shipping! It would probably work for Hermione. DS likes HP so I might get him that for Halloween.

I completed a stroller quilt for DS a couple of weeks ago. The tabs on the sides are for attaching it to the stroller.

11694835_994697710548889_2890169328174060234_n.jpg
Your quilt is adorable.

I bought the zulily robe! Thanks so much. Even if it's junk that's not a big loss she can play and I will get a better one or make it. Soeaking of Hogwarts....I recently found my old Gryffindor shirt bought at the warner bros store that used to be in Times Square. I turned it into a dress for my daughter! I think it's nice for a beginner :) I've got this and two trip skirts done, one painted t and another on the way. Almost ready to conquer the Minnie Mouse style dress! I think I will so we more in the future it's relaxing. Mostly! image.jpg

Ps. I know my sleeve hemming isn't great...but considering I've never worked with knit fabric and it's black I am going to let it be :)

I bought the zulily robe! Thanks so much. Even if it's junk that's not a big loss she can play and I will get a better one or make it. Soeaking of Hogwarts....I recently found my old Gryffindor shirt bought at the warner bros store that used to be in Times Square. I turned it into a dress for my daughter! I think it's nice for a beginner :) I've got this and two trip skirts done, one painted t and another on the way. Almost ready to conquer the Minnie Mouse style dress! I think I will so we more in the future it's relaxing. Mostly! View attachment 113851
You did a great job and your daughter looks very happy with her new outfit.

I bought the zulily robe! Thanks so much. Even if it's junk that's not a big loss she can play and I will get a better one or make it. Soeaking of Hogwarts....I recently found my old Gryffindor shirt bought at the warner bros store that used to be in Times Square. I turned it into a dress for my daughter! I think it's nice for a beginner :) I've got this and two trip skirts done, one painted t and another on the way. Almost ready to conquer the Minnie Mouse style dress! I think I will so we more in the future it's relaxing. Mostly! View attachment 113851

I love that dress, so cute! I am with you on knits. I have been only sewing for 3 ish years and I HATE knits. My mother is a seamstress and tries to give me all sorts of tips, but I just hate knits. :)

I only have one type of needle and thread lol I did a zig zag but it still caught or puckered some. I the future I might tackle again but for now going to let it be. I do have to alter two other t shirts for the trip but I think I will do so with ribbon or some hand sewing!

It's been a busy sewing weekend for me - almost finished with the Snow White dress, and made a (not-exactly-disney) car seat back cover to keep little monster from ruining my upholstery.
image.jpg

All that's left is to insert the zipper and figure out some kind of sparkly red embellishment for the hem. I thought about using Swarovski crystals again, but it would cost a small fortune to get enough to make any sort of "impact" there. I don't want to do sequins, either, so I'm not sure what to do. Any ideas?

image.jpg
I didn't have a pattern or anything for this, and I'm just so proud of how nice it turned out. Tons of pockets!

It's been a busy sewing weekend for me - almost finished with the Snow White dress, and made a (not-exactly-disney) car seat back cover to keep little monster from ruining my upholstery.
View attachment 114675

All that's left is to insert the zipper and figure out some kind of sparkly red embellishment for the hem. I thought about using Swarovski crystals again, but it would cost a small fortune to get enough to make any sort of "impact" there. I don't want to do sequins, either, so I'm not sure what to do. Any ideas?

View attachment 114676
I didn't have a pattern or anything for this, and I'm just so proud of how nice it turned out. Tons of pockets!

The dress is very pretty and I like the seat cover.

We are heading to Disney World for a couple of days at the end of the week. My granddaughter requested a day at Animal Kingdom for her birthday so I made a skort for her and appliqued t-shirts for her and her brother.

zebra%20mickey%20shirt_zpsavxwbmvs.jpg
[/URL]

View attachment 114675

View attachment 114676

Great job!

You did a great job on the dress!

I only have one type of needle and thread lol I did a zig zag but it still caught or puckered some. I the future I might tackle again but for now going to let it be. I do have to alter two other t shirts for the trip but I think I will do so with ribbon or some hand sewing!

Ball point needles are a must when working with knits!

View attachment 114675

View attachment 114676

I like the Snow White dress and the car seat pockets. I wonder if you can do something with a felt embellishment with just a few crystals to make it sparkle?

We are heading to Disney World for a couple of days at the end of the week. My granddaughter requested a day at Animal Kingdom for her birthday so I made a skort for her and appliqued t-shirts for her and her brother.

zebra%20mickey%20shirt_zpsavxwbmvs.jpg
[/URL]

Very cute outfits!

I like the Snow White dress and the car seat pockets. I wonder if you can do something with a felt embellishment with just a few crystals to make it sparkle?

I found some printer-friendly sparkle iron-on paper where you print what you want and iron it on, so I'm pondering that now. Maybe a few apples? Maybe one apple and some leafy tendrils?

I have been away for a bit as I have been busy sewing! Here are 5 onesie shirts for DS when he gets to the next size :)

12003029_1024374064247920_793097704313453190_n.jpg

I was at the fabric store the other day and the staff members were commenting on DS' shirt (another onesie shirt made from fabric from that store). :)

Jessie-inspired dress was a huge hit on our HS day, DD got so much attention from the cast members, with two rushing up to her screaming, "Jessie, Jessie!" and wanting her autograph. Made the many hours I labored on yet another Grace dress worth it to see her soaking in those moments. Here's a shot of her in the dress meeting Goofy during our afternoon break, complete with her sparkly red crocs.

image.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter