Discounted Annual Passes

OMG! I am so glad I read this. I was buying my tickets tonight for my Nov trip..I can't tell you how excited I am. My DS has been wanting to do Disney Quest, My DD loves the water parks, DH has been want to golf and we will be doing 3 trips with these annuals this time. It couldn't have come at a better time......:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

OMG! This is GREAT news! I was going to buy regular AP's for the first time when we visit in November! I was planning to purchase them when we got there. Is there a chance this could " sell out " ? Can you order them over the phone through DVC Member Services? Don't want to miss out on this deal, and a newbie as far as AP's go.

We just bought AP's on August 7th. I asked when we purchased these if I could upgrade them to Premium AP's in the future and was told we could. So, could we upgrade these to Premium at no extra charge? I will be a little upset over the next year knowing that we could have had 6 Premiums for $300+ less than the regular AP's we purchased and not able to go to the water parks, etc.

I'm a little confused though...

It says that if you have an AP already, you can activate this one after your old AP expires, but then it says the new one must be redeemed by 12/31/12. Does that mean I have to activate it by 12/31/12 or just pick up the voucher? My present AP doesn't expire until 7/23/13.

You must purchase the AP between 10/1/2012 & 12/31/2012. You must activate it by 12/31/2013, not 2012. So you use your current AP until it expires and then you activate the new Premium AP. Activate means use it and its good for a year + 1day from the date you first use it. Hope that clears it up.

Having a tough time wrapping my brain around this. If I already bought an 8 day ticket, can I use the ticket for 1 day, then go to the ticket window and upgrade it to the PAP at the $399 price?

We usually only go once a year, but the benefits might be worth it......especially since the 8 day park hopper was like $375.

And, in theory, if we bought 2 apiece, one for this year and the other for next year?

Julie

Premium annual pass gets us a better discount on merchandise:

Premium Annual Passholders are eligible to receive a 20% discount and all other Annual Passholders are eligible to receive a 10% discount on select merchandise purchases at Walt Disney World Resort owned and operated merchandise locations

pjzkent said:
Having a tough time wrapping my brain around this. If I already bought an 8 day ticket, can I use the ticket for 1 day, then go to the ticket window and upgrade it to the PAP at the $399 price?

We usually only go once a year, but the benefits might be worth it......especially since the 8 day park hopper was like $375.

And, in theory, if we bought 2 apiece, one for this year and the other for next year?

Julie

Yes to the first question. Unsure how you could buy two apiece as an upgrade. You would only have one upgrade with your tickets. The other would be a new purchase.

Not meaning to look a gift horse in the mouth BUT... anyone else wishing they would offer something on regular AP's? Such as a deeper discount or the 15 months that was offered a few years ago? :confused3

Don't get me wrong, anytime our perks are increased instead of taken away I am grateful & I know that you can't please all the people all of the time but as someone who doesn't utilize the Premium features I feel left out :guilty: Oh well.

I usually never benefit from these short term perks, but I have decided to buy a voucher in October, November and December. We just bought our PAP's but this price is too good to not get in on!

So if I ordered tickets through DVC, have the vouchers, activate them on Oct 11th, can I upgrade them then to Premium and get a refund?

Refunds are rare. I think they won't give them to you. (Tickets are non refundable) That's why one of the UT ticket games is to buy the ticket price just BELOW the AP price.

Also, on the other DVC board here folks are reporting that No you can't take your current regular AP and upgrade to a premium with this deal. It's new purchases only So at least one poster on here is going to be upset "knowing that we could have had 6 Premiums for $300+ less than the regular AP's we purchased and not able to go to the water parks, etc. "

That's the breaks sometimes.

dvcmom72 said:
I recently bought the regular APs which we are going to activate in November. I just called Member Services to see if I could "upgrade" on 10/1 to the Premium and get this deal and was told I could not. I can buy them and hold them to use next year, which I will consider doing but that's still a whole lot of money to spend while I'm trying to save for THIS trip. Anyway, just wanted to pass that along to anyone else who might be wondering. I wish I had waited just a few more weeks!!![/QUOTE

It sounds like we can upgrade, right?

Not meaning to look a gift horse in the mouth BUT... anyone else wishing they would offer something on regular AP's? Such as a deeper discount or the 15 months that was offered a few years ago? :confused3

Don't get me wrong, anytime our perks are increased instead of taken away I am grateful & I know that you can't please all the people all of the time but as someone who doesn't utilize the Premium features I feel left out :guilty: Oh well.

Think of this offer as an extra $26 off your DVC AP, plus extra added benefits that no other AP gets - like access to the Waterparks, DQ, WWOS, and Oak Trail

ARRGGGG!!!!! We arrive on September 29th, of course. Planned on getting APs that day. :headache::headache::headache:

We also arrive on the 9/29 and were planning on getting PAP's, so this is GREAT news.

I am a fairly intelligent person with a math background (CPA) and I am thoroughly confused, lol :lmao:

So, if I understand this correctly, can I buy a park hopper ticket on Undercover Tourist, use it for the first 2 days (9/29 and 9/30) and then be able to apply that value to the purchase of the PAP on 10/1?????

Wow this is great....we get the PAP for the price of an AP renewal...right...my AP expires Jan 26,1213 , so I buy this PAP between Oct 1 and Dec 31...for 399 and get a voucher to use/activate in 1213 (usually go in March) but if decided to Wait until Oct could hold the voucher until then. Finally something for us.something to cheer about... can you buy these online? or do you have to call MS?:yay::yay::yay::yay:

Premium annual pass gets us a better discount on merchandise:

Premium Annual Passholders are eligible to receive a 20% discount and all other Annual Passholders are eligible to receive a 10% discount on select merchandise purchases at Walt Disney World Resort owned and operated merchandise locations

I'm trying to remember....premiums always received 20% off merchandise tho, right?:confused:

Question: Does anyone know what happens if you don't activate in on December 31st 2013? :confused3

Would it automatically be activated good through Dec,2014 or are we out of luck. We usually go for 2 weeks and always get an AP but I would love to have the water parks added. We already have an AP that is good for our next few trips so I am thinking way out into 2014.

We also arrive on the 9/29 and were planning on getting PAP's, so this is GREAT news.

I am a fairly intelligent person with a math background (CPA) and I am thoroughly confused, lol :lmao:

So, if I understand this correctly, can I buy a park hopper ticket on Undercover Tourist, use it for the first 2 days (9/29 and 9/30) and then be able to apply that value to the purchase of the PAP on 10/1?????

This is almost exactly what I want to do. I want to use my UT ticket on 9/30/12.
Then upgrade it to a PAP on 10/1/12. I am hoping this will work, as the starting date of the new PAP would be pushed back into September. I wonder if that would be allowed.

dvcmom72 said:
I recently bought the regular APs which we are going to activate in November. I just called Member Services to see if I could "upgrade" on 10/1 to the Premium and get this deal and was told I could not. I can buy them and hold them to use next year, which I will consider doing but that's still a whole lot of money to spend while I'm trying to save for THIS trip. Anyway, just wanted to pass that along to anyone else who might be wondering. I wish I had waited just a few more weeks!!![/QUOTE

It sounds like we can upgrade, right?

No, based on the above it does not sound like you can upgrade. The poster you quoted was told "no"

Just bought DVC AP last month for our September trip. Always a day late & dollar short.:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter