Discounts for March 2022?

DisneyMom53

Earning My Ears
Anyone have any insight into if/when Disney might offer discounts for rooms and packages for early 2022? I'm disappointed to not see any discounts when they have taken away so many "perks" of staying on property. I love being "in the bubble" but the cost to do so vs the benefit is hard to swallow!! Anyone heard rumors or have predictions??

Lots of threads discussing this - nothing yet!

They just released an Aulani discount through March, so hopefully they're at least thinking about 2022 discounts.

Honestly I’d be surprised if they do offer any discounts during the 50th. Plus they know visitors who could not/did not travel there yet during this pandemic are now anxious to travel again with loosening restrictions. There’s really no need to offer any incentive is there.

Around this time each year, I always receive a spring discount PIN code, even last year, but nothing so far. And haven’t even seen any general public discounts either. Starting to lose hope.

Question - if a trip is paid in full and then a discount is released, will they just refund the difference?

New AP Rates are out through March 10. Up to 25% off.

Ok, so we have Florida resident and AP discounts for Jan-Mar. Does that mean we are out of luck for general discounts? Or is this a normal pattern to do it this way?

Ok, so we have Florida resident and AP discounts for Jan-Mar. Does that mean we are out of luck for discounts for everyone else?

Thinking the same thing. Hoping for Disney Visa or General, hopefully that's next. I think they used to do that, AP first...etc. etc.

Question - if a trip is paid in full and then a discount is released, will they just refund the difference?

I'm wondering about this to as I've never booked before a discount has come out but I feel like I want to this year due to demand/availability. I believe I've heard people in the past saying they just call and have the discount applied once they come out.

If you have a package and a discount subsequently comes out, you can effectively cancel your existing reservation and rebook a reservation IF a room is available under the discount that you want. It’s not unusual for entire resorts to be excluded from discounts or have very few discounted rooms, so people end up moving resorts sometimes to get the discount. I think it’s probably a moot point because with the increase in demand and the struggles to obtain workforce, they don’t really have a reason to put a lot of discounts out right now. It would be great, but I’m not hopeful.

I'm wondering about this to as I've never booked before a discount has come out but I feel like I want to this year due to demand/availability. I believe I've heard people in the past saying they just call and have the discount applied once they come out.
That will only work if there are room types at the same resort and the same category available for the discount as what you currently have booked. Disney limits the number of rooms they discount. You could have to move to a different room category (ex. standard view to a water view) or a different resort to get a discount. Sometimes it works out, but just because you have a room booked during a discounted time period, does not guarantee a discounted rate when they are released. You can check on MDE to see if a discount is available for your room type by using to the "modify reservation" button. Or, act like you are making a new reservation and enter your dates and resort to see what comes up. If your room type or hotel does not show up, there aren't any discounts and they will not add the discount to your current reservation.

Ok, so we have Florida resident and AP discounts for Jan-Mar. Does that mean we are out of luck for general discounts? Or is this a normal pattern to do it this way?

No, public discounts usually come after the AP, and are usually about 5 point lower (20% instead of 25%, 10% instead of 15%, etc.)

But what may not bode well for a public discount is that the AP/Florida discount is only Sun-Thurs through late Feb.

I have always booked ahead of time and called when the discount comes out to add it to my reservation.

No, public discounts usually come after the AP, and are usually about 5 point lower (20% instead of 25%, 10% instead of 15%, etc.)

But what may not bode well for a public discount is that the AP/Florida discount is only Sun-Thurs through late Feb.
Thank you, that is good info! I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to apply a promo for the second part of my split stay (not so hopeful for the first part since it seems to be very booked up already).

In the past General Public and Visa discounts always came out first, except the past two years when they came out on the same day. So I am worried that we are out of luck this year. :mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter