Discounts on Universal Passes

The discounts do no good if the tickets do not arrive in the mail. I ordered my tickets two weeks ago and they still have not arrived. I'm very disappointed in that no one from DU ever returned an e-mail about my problem. Now I have to buy $694 worth of tickets over again at the park!!! I'd rather pay full price and get some service than get a discount and NO TICKETS!

I finally heard from DU apparently my order did not go through, even though I have a confirmation number. I'll be giving them some more information on my order so they can figure out what happend.

Why would one want to pay $98.00 for three days when you can pay $89.00 for 5 days? The Universal web site has the better deal. :)

I opted to use the ticket kiosk after taking advantage of the Master card special offer. Had no trouble what so ever getting my tickets. My only wonder is this...............we never activited the 5th ticket. Is it still good?

jeannej:Pinkbounc

Cindybell,

I think the three day tickets never expire if you have extra days? The five day is five consecutive days, then it's done.

I got the five day passes just to get tickets in the mail ahead of time, for using one day, both parks. It was only five bucks more than waiting in line at the gate for those two-park, one day tickets that you cannot get in advance.

However, now I wish I'd gotten two day tickets for just another five bucks, so that I'd have days left for my next trip, in a couple of years.

Obviously, we are mainly doing Disney this go-round.

JenniferK

Okay, now that I looked at that particular "one free day" 2/3 day pass, it's only good during a seven-day period. It still might be better than the five day pass, if you needed to space out your visits to Universal for some reason...but you had a good point that the five-day pass is cheaper.

Still, I wish I'd gotten a REGULAR two day pass for us, to save a day for the next time we come to Florida and want to do the two parks in one day. We have very young kids, so we won't do most of the attractions on either of these trips.

JenniferK

We're only planning one day at Universal....What's my best bet for one day tickets for 4 adults/2kids....I'd like to get them in advance & avoid waiting in line at the park.

Thanks,
Pyedog

Pyedog, if you belong to AAA, you can get a one day ticket at the AAA office on Blue Ridge Rd in Raleigh for $49 tax included (adult). Don't remember the child price. That's my plan for my Orlando trip w/ my sis in October. We're doing Disney 4 days and USF one day.

Have fun!

Can you use the 49.00 ticket for both parks or can you only go to one of the parks.

Do you need to carry ID with you when you use the 5 day pass?How do they know you aren't using somebody else's pass?? Obviously my kids don't have any photo ID, or any other kind really.....

There is a place on the bonus pass for you to sign. A couple times they had me sign my name to check the signature when I entered the park. They did not ask for ID other than the signature check.

Just a "let you know" to Florida Residents (or to DIS board members who know one) - We just got back from a GREAT week at Universal. When we went to vacation services to activate our passes coupon (and get the Kodak Express Coupons - I will make a separate post for that one!) they asked us if we wanted to upgrade to a 1 year pass instead of the 5 day passes we had gotten with our package.

The upgrade cost us $21 per pass, for a total of $117 per pass.
My brother, who unexpectedly joined us, used our address and also bought one for the$117 price. The annual pass is limited with a few blackout dates for weekends in July and August, plus 24 Dec through 1 Jan 2004, and the spring break timeframe in April 2004.

They also have a preferred pass with no blackout dates for $168 - plus I just heard that if you get the $168 pass and get a coupon from Burger King, you can get 2 year passes for the price of the one year preferred. In short, do a little research, and / or go to Vacation Services when you get to the parks to activate your passes!:jester: :Pinkbounc :)

Hi,

You can call Universal Resorts at 800-711-0080, you can purchase your tickets and have them mailed to you. Just be sure that you only want to visit one park because that is all you will be able to do with a 1 Park Ticket. There is a 2 day/2 park and the second day never expires so you can use it next time you visit. :p

I don't know if this will help anyone. I always go the preferred annual pass route but:

The 2004 Entertainment Book has Universal ticket discounts:

$7 in Universal Bucks with 2 Day/2 Park ticket purchase - use a coupon that appears in all of the 2004 Entertainment Books and get $7 in Universal Bucks (good at the shops and restaurants in the theme parks) with the purchase of each full price adult 2-Day/2-Park Ticket or $5 in Universal Bucks with the purchase of each full paid child (3-9) 2-Day/2-Park Ticket. Valid for up to 4 people during one park visit. Expires 12/31/04.
$10 Universal Bucks with 3 Day/2 Park ticket purchase - use a coupon that appears in all of the 2004 Entertainment Books and get $10 in Universal Bucks (good at the shops and restaurants in the theme parks) with the purchase of each full price adult 3-Day/2-Park Ticket or $7 in Universal Bucks with the purchase of each full paid child (3-9) 3-Day/2-Park Ticket. Valid for up to 4 people during one park visit. Expires 12/31/04.

I already bought our passes, the "buy 2 days get 5 days" deal. If these are supposed to be used consecutively, can we use them for 2 days and then on the 3rd day go to Seaworld (I know we'd have to buy separate tickets) and then return back to Universal on the 4th day? My understanding was that we had 5 days to use them, but we can skip a day and then go back the next, right? I just don't want them to be invalid if we don't show up on the 3rd day!! Thanks!! (might be a silly question, but had to ask) Kelly:confused:

I'm pretty sure that 2 park pass good for 5 concenative day, means that you can use it for 1,2,3,4 or 5 days after the first use.
They don't care how many days you use them or in what order just that once you use them they are up in 5 days.

I have a question if any one know.... is this a on going offer?
I don't plan to go until May 2004. I really would like these tickets but don't want to have to buy them until Januray or Feb. Any chance that the deal might be over before that? Should I put them on a low rate credit card or wait?

I plan to use them the day we get there. Our plan gets in around noon, we can't get the rental until 4 so we might as well go to US.
Then see it again 2 more times before the 5 days are over. Plus I have 2 (18th yrs) so if they want to go one day and we old folks want to go sit by the pool thats fine too. I just wish they where for 7 days instead of 5.

My inlaws live in Florida and Starting Monday there is a promo going on for Florida and Georgia Residents-$27 off 2 day/2park admission with specially marked coke cans at Publix. Universal's site has a way to order them online and just needs a UPC code and zip code. I wonder if I could use those tickets if I had them shipped there?? Anyone ever done a promo like this one before?? Also looked at Sam's club site and only saw the one day pass. Wonder if you have to go into the store??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter