Discovery Cove - Video

Allsorts

Earning My Ears
Hello Everyone.

Can anybody tell me if at Discovery Cove when 3 people are booked to swim that 2 can swim while I video and then we swap over?

Thank you

Janet:Pinkbounc

Yep, we're booked at Discovery Cove and would love to know the same info!
In fact how practical is taking a camcorder around with you in all the parks, etc?

Rgds,

Timmie Boy

I don't think you'd have time (or be allowed) to leave the pool and swap filming as you suggest. The trick is to book to swim at different times then one person stays on the beach to video whilst the others have their swim. Not ideal with three but better than buying the in-house version IMO.

Janet are you all booked to swim at the same time?, if so no you cant change over
you have a little talk/video before the actual swim, then you are taken to the pool area
to begin the interaction, if you book 2 to swim the other could video it, and then vice versa
one swim whilst the other 2 watch/video?.

Jules

My father didn't do the dolphin encounter so he video all the rest of us , but the D.C. people seemed very fussy about where he could video from.

He got some good shots but was too far away to pick up our conversations whilst dolphining. The official video completely missed my daughters hug so it was good to have a second view.

I brought the official video , it's ok , way too expensive but I just marked it down to a holiday/tourist expense and I would have regreted not getting it I think.

I edited a holiday video and used both views and it worked out ok. You soon forget how much the video cost but it's always there on your shelf.

As regards camcorders around the parks , Its not a problem if you don't mind leaving it in a locker once in awhile. I had brought a spangly new one before we went and I had no problems anywhere. My father didn't do a lot of the rides where you wouldn't want the camcorder with you.

Thanks for the tips.

However, you asked if we are booked together at the same time. Surely we won't know this until the day? Or are you saying that once your passes come through an allocated time is already made for you?
Its seems a good tip to swim at different times so we can video each other. We are booked to go to D.C. on the 10th August.

Timmie Boy, you 'book' the time of your swim as you enter DC - just ask to swim seperately.

Regarding camera angles, I watched the group prior to V and Julie's swim to get an idea of placings. When they 'swam', I moved from one side of the beach to the other to catch as much as I could of their experience. Before their swim they go off into a hut for a briefing and this is when I watched the other group. When it was our turn (me and The Boy) we videod the briefing and film so got the overall experience on tape.

Thank you all for the replies.

Has you all suggested I will do the different swim times so I can video the others.

Only 6 days to go Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :Pinkbounc

Janet

Allsorts,

As you look out into the dolphin area there are a couple of sandy "fingers" that reach out into the dolphin area. Pick the one nearest your group , get hold of one of the small chairs ( with small legs , I mean ) and plonk it into the sand...AND SIT THERE!!!!!!!!!!! Make sure there ain't room for some large American to stand between you and your view of your family .....because they will , given half a chance! As I recall there are some tall palm trees , lean your chair aginst one, A) It gives you support and B) it stops anyone walking in front of you!

Do NOT try to stand and video for the full half hour, unless you're named Superman your arms will feel the strain after 5-10 minutes and your video will look like you took it standing on the wing of a moving aircraft!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll love DC, ..............AAaahhh memories!

mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter