DISMEET 2023 ?

FtW Mike

DIS Veteran
I realize we are a long way off but figure we can start throwing out suggestions and time frames. We were looking at a variety of locations and have come back to MARGARITAVILLE CAMPGROUND in Buford Georgia. as to time frame By Fathers day I suspect everyone's kids will be out of school so the following weekend is likely a good choice and those that need to be someplace for 4th of July will have time to get there

That's up on Lake Lanier northeast of Atlanta as FYI.

Mike there are plenty of CoE campgrounds on Lake Lanier at $26 a night. Just sayin'. :rolleyes:

Bama Ed

PS - that's only 17 miles from where we lived for three years back in the 90s (in Duluth, GA).

Last edited:
Lake Lanier is fairly close. Less than 8 hours, so we are definitely interested. It's probably worth looking into a group rate at Margaritaville (the one in Pigeon Forge has already had several rallies), but $26/ night at a COE sounds pretty good.

j

Okay I too love the price of COE's. Not having much experience with them I did wonder about ability to accommodate those of us with larger rigs.
On a more personal track. While I have no problem with places with with fewer amenities, having spent a good portion of my misguided yewt in tents or under the stars these places hold a nostalgic appeal to me. My DW Lucille has no such experiences in her past. For her Prospect Park in Brooklyn was the Wilderness and roughing it meant the hotel only had basic cable. Until 10 years ago when we did our 1st Disney trip together ( Ft W Cabin ) going to a Campground wasn't an Option. Getting an RV only came into play 2 years later on WDW trip 2, when in my sleep sitting up calling for THE WOOKIE and not laying back down till she came. ( She shocked me when she told me we were getting one ) So she and Maggie could come with us.
I learned about this Margaritaville last year and it had an appeal for me. Enough on property amenities to keep her and I suspect most our wives happy. Off property attractions they list would appeal to a larger percentage of our merry misguided band. The location T think would be reasonable for most of us, I have tried to call twice about GROUP rates but have not been successful as of yet.
This was Just an idea and I put it out there as option

Okay , so I tried and spoke with the reservations person. They will not be taking reservations for 2023 till late summer of 2022. They do offer a group discount of 10% for groups of 10 or more. So we can likely meet that threshold. The woman I spoke with did recommend I write them for more detailed information

We'd be in for that, certainly enough time to plan. Still not sure about 2022, work schedule very weird

Have to see on the dates, we still have school up north. But if I can swing it, we will be there.

Our board just approved the school calendar. They go in on August 22, 2022 (Melissa a week before that) and end on June 15th, 2023 and Father's day is the 18th, I think once more details come out we can try to work with that. I think she would be good at Margaritaville or a COE as long as I have power my my blender to make margaritas :)

Mike, I'm fine staying wherever the nicer Bath House/Comfort Station is (which is a consideration for us in the Aliner) and one would assume that would be at Margaritaville given the cost.

And it probably has a better electrical infrastructure than my CoE to run James' blender.

giphy.gif

At least I have a nearby option with CoE for a pre- or post-DISMeet stay.

Ed

PS - I remember this time period of SNL when it was actually funny. :cloud9:

Mike, I'm fine staying wherever the nicer Bath House/Comfort Station is (which is a consideration for us in the Aliner) and one would assume that would be at Margaritaville given the cost.

And it probably has a better electrical infrastructure than my CoE to run James' blender.

giphy.gif

At least I have a nearby option with CoE for a pre- or post-DISMeet stay.

Ed

PS - I remember this time period of SNL when it was actually funny. :cloud9:

Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger, cheeseburger, pepsi, no coke.

Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger, cheeseburger, pepsi, no coke.

Chris, such a rich comedy gold mine in these few posts .....

For the kids who don't know, the Saturday Night Live Cheeseburger skit originated in 1978 (again, back when SNL was funny):

It was a recurring gag for a few shows. But this original skit has John Belushi, Dan Akroyd, Bill Murray, Garret Morris, Lorraine Newman, Gilda Radner, and Jane Curtain plus the guest host for that week, Robert Klein. What talent!

ED

PS - some of us were allowed to stay up late until the SNL start time of 1030pm Saturday night when we were 14yo to watch SNL.

PPS - uh oh, okay, back to DISMeet 2023 topics.

Last edited:
Thanks for that @bama_ed. I saw it in repeats I was just a tad too young for it the first time it was shown. But the cheeseburger skit was great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter