DISmeet at the Fort 2024?

What dates in 2024 would work best for you?

• Week of January 15, 2024 (MLK Day Week)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Week of February 19, 2024 (Presidents Day Week)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Week of March 11, 2024

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Week of April 8, 2024 (Possible spring break conflicts)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Week of May 20, 2024 (Week before Memorial Day)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Week of September 2, 2024 (Labor Day Week)

• Week of October 7, 2024

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Week of November 4, 2024

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Week of December 2, 2024

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • 2024 Probably won't work for me, let's wait till 2025

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So bottom line in my mind is we don't have to figure this all out now or at least by May 31. Folks can make their own reservations for a Full or Premium site and then we have time to link up with "travel with" and float the idea of which loops to shoot for (1100/2100, 1200/1700, etc.).

I will probably do a Full campsite and might want to arrive on Wednesday October 30 because I would like to attempt to sign up for the Wine & Dine 2024 5k and 10k which @garneska advised would be on 11/1 and 11/2 in post #147. So my schedule might be arrive 10/30, bib pickup 10/31, 5k 11/1, 10k 11/2, DISMeet start 11/3.

@garneska, is the sign-up for Wine & Dine short races like the 5k and 10k as tight/limited/quick to sell out like the Marathon event every January? I have no feel for how the W/D events fill. The reason I ask is if it is quick to sell out (within hours), I might break 10/30-11/3 into a second separate reservation in case I don't get both short races, then I can cancel those nights easily and have a first separate reservation for the DISMeet dates.

We will figure this out as we go along.

Ed
I did wine and dine and it does fill up fast like same day, but you have about 2 hours. see below i took it from the running page.

2023 Race
Start (link)
Queue opened at 10:04am FL time (link)
10k sold out in 78 min (link)
Challenge sold out in 85 min (link)
5k sold out in 110 min (link)
No more queue after 130 min (link)
HM sold out in 135 min (link)

I see some people are going to book premium over full campsites. Is that due to rv size? Premium offers bigger sites?
Not that I'm planning to be clingy or anything. :rotfl:
First, you can be as clingy as you want, but we'll probably be at the parks most of the time. :duck:

Premium sites are bigger than Preferred (100, 200, 300 loops) or Full. The Preferred are essentially Full sites, but are close to the Settlement and boat dock. The Premium loops also tend to have more longer sites and most (not all) are a little easier to navigate with a big rig.

For rough site dimensions:

Preferred and Full average 12 ft wide and have the rock tent pad at the back. Premium (and Premium Meadows) average 18ft wide and are all asphalt. No rock tent pad.

Preferred, Full and Premium all have the full hookup compliment (electric, water, sewer, cable), so no difference there.

j

I did wine and dine and it does fill up fast like same day, but you have about 2 hours. see below i took it from the running page.

2023 Race
Start (link)
Queue opened at 10:04am FL time (link)
10k sold out in 78 min (link)
Challenge sold out in 85 min (link)
5k sold out in 110 min (link)
No more queue after 130 min (link)
HM sold out in 135 min (link)

That's still sold out pretty quickly in my book although not Marathon-quick.

Guess I'll only have to open 8 browser windows! :rotfl:

From this engineer, THANK YOU for a data-driven answer.

Ed

PS - Good to know 10k sold out before the 5k.

Ok, so my new retired hobby is making wine from kits. And I will make this soon so its ready for the Dismeet. Hope I make it right ,lol. So , this will be for Benita, because she likes a sweeter wine. If its crap, then I am stuck buying!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07B5KWW18?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

And , you will be fine in a full site. YOU HAVE THIS! Me, I will take 8 time going back and forth, thats just life. The easier the site is to get into, the harder it is. Lol.

Still another question (or two)-we have only ever booked preferred sites at Disney (love being near the marina), but this time we are going to go with the group flow. I see some people are going to book premium over full campsites. Is that due to rv size? Premium offers bigger sites?
My main question-what are the majority of people doing? If I am coming to a dismeet, I would like to be where most of the people are, most of the time. Not that I'm planning to be clingy or anything. :rotfl:

I read the previous posts (mostly between page 4/5 of thread and beyond).

Some folks said they wanted Full.

Some folks said they wanted Premium.

Others said either one is fine.

We'll end up with people in both so book what you want, @cruising spud. We will try to cluster folks together.

Ed

PS - oh and hey you can always book a Preferred to be down close to the lake (I did that for a 2-week stay 6 months ago around Thanksgiving). The "locus in quo" is where there are a majority of people. Being a sociable person, I like being around other folks for the easy, spontaneous, as-long-as-it-needs-to-be conversation. Then they kick me out. People gather around where they are (in my experience). I like being in a Preferred site too (see my signature) but to hang out with folks informally, I'll book a Full. Hey, that's just me.

Ok, so we are picking our level , prefered and full, and then waiting to get grouped together, or are we going to have specific loops to ask for when booking?

Ok, so we are picking our level , prefered and full, and then waiting to get grouped together, or are we going to have specific loops to ask for when booking?

Well, my opinion counts for nothing but we are picking our level, PREMIUM or FULL, for May 31's reservation and then we can always add a request in the next year-and-a-half as to where to get placed which only really matter inside 30 days to arrival IMO.

Or folks can book whatever the heck they want (Tent or Premium Meadows).

I'll add a request as to what loop/site over a year from now. So no rush. Just select your site type and arrival/departure dates.

For now it's a really simple task.

Ed

I need direction Ed, I am retired and no longer the leader I once was last week

Dude,

I retired three years ago -you were a leader but I was a dweeb. To me now, though, every day is Saturday. And you want direction from ME? :rockband:

My anchors are @Teamubr, @jbrostek, and @garneska to tell me if it's a Tuesday or a Friday. Based on "work" chatter.

We need them each to work another 25 years to provide steady guidance while you and me enjoy retirement. :teeth:

ED

PS - every day I claim is Saturday but I really do keep track of the Lord's days on Sundays.

Dude,

I retired three years ago -you were a leader but I was a dweeb. To me now, though, every day is Saturday. And you want direction from ME? :rockband:

My anchors are @Teamubr, @jbrostek, and @garneska to tell me if it's a Tuesday or a Friday. Based on "work" chatter.

We need them each to work another 25 years to provide steady guidance while you and me enjoy retirement. :teeth:

ED

PS - every day I claim is Saturday but I really do keep track of the Lord's days on Sundays.
No. Like No Way No. just under 7 years for me. If I can hold it together that long. Bert says I have to do 5 years.

Well, my opinion counts for nothing but we are picking our level, PREMIUM or FULL, for May 31's reservation and then we can always add a request in the next year-and-a-half as to where to get placed which only really matter inside 30 days to arrival IMO.

Or folks can book whatever the heck they want (Tent or Premium Meadows).

I'll add a request as to what loop/site over a year from now. So no rush. Just select your site type and arrival/departure dates.

For now it's a really simple task.

Ed
We have done Premium Meadows and loved it. But since I will hopefully be 50 pounds lighter before this trip, we do not need to be close to the meadows; so we will do what the majority wants. Even though we don't get up until noon, we are like to be around people also.

OOOkay, I finally have my head screwed on straight (partially).

DD will be getting married 1st weekend that October,
so of course I'll have no clue what I'll be doing up to that point :crazy:
but believe me, I'm gonna need this by then LOL.
Who knows, if things work out, they may be joining us. Fingers crossed

Here's what I have so far.

If any of us can get together in same loop, then that will be ground zero for activities and potluck

If I've omitted anyone or things change, please let me know

@tigger92662 Oct 28th - Nov. 9th
@Teamubr Nov. 2nd - Nov. 16th
@Sjm9911 Oct. 31st - Nov. 8th
@jbrostek sometime
@garneska Nov. 1st - Nov. 16th
@BenitaN Nov. 2nd - Nov. 10th
@bama_ed Open
@Part-Time Paradise Nov. 3rd - Nov. 9th
@cruising spud Nov. 1st - Nov.13th
@4077 Nov. 1st - Nov. 8th
@Boomer1 Nov. 4th - Nov. 16th
@MrsPAHunter Nov. 3rd - Nov. 14th
@himandher818 TBD
@serenitygr TBD

Last edited:
@tigger92662 My dates are tentative approval of 11/3 to 11/16.

@bama_ed - No such luck on 25 for ya. But I will probably work for another 20, though I hope to stay fully remote and be posting pictures from over my laptop in various places around the country. I just have to wait for Melissa to be ready to retire from her classroom. So about 10 years....though summers on the road sounds kinda nice.

So...trying to get all of my ducks in a row for the BIG day-May 31st.

Could someone read my plans and let me know if there are any potential glitches.

Disclaimer-we haven't been to Disney since pre-Covid. So, there might be planning issues that I am not aware of.

#1-as of now, I am not planning to get a package. Site only. That could change if genie+/LL allows us to book rides early. Anyone see a downside to site only? We have always done this. Grabbed the tickets once we arrived. However, is there anything new to Disney that I am not considering? If genie+/LL allows early ride bookings I can change to a package later, yes?

#2-I call at 6:00am on May 31st. I give my arrival and departure days and ask for a full site. Should I mention the 1700 loop at this time?

#3-do I mention that I am going to be part of a group?

Thank you, everyone,
Kathy

Kathy,

Good plan on site only. You can always add tickets later. When booking, I don't think there is a place to add a loop/site request or indicate you are with a group.

So just grab that reservation for a full site and you are set.

j

Ok people , just started our sangria for the dis meet. In a few months or so, I will bottle it and let it age untill we get together. First. The hydromater is supost to tell us the alcohol content after its done fermenting. I still have not figured it out, lol. So, we put everything in the primary fermenter, thats steralized 2x, and mix it take a hydrometer reading, that measures sugar, then add the yeast that eats the suger and creates the alcohol. This takes about 2 weeks, then it will get racked a few times to diffrent bottles to clear it up. The sangria has another bag of juice that gets added later to sweaten it up. So good or bad you will all get to try it. Its a kit, so as long as you follow directions you cant mess it up too much!

Attachments

• 20230527_120601.jpg
    20230527_120601.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 20230527_121502.jpg
    20230527_121502.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230527_121731.jpg
    20230527_121731.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230527_122454.jpg
    20230527_122454.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230527_122538.jpg
    20230527_122538.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230527_122536.jpg
    20230527_122536.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter