DISmeet at the Fort 2024?

What dates in 2024 would work best for you?

• Week of January 15, 2024 (MLK Day Week)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Week of February 19, 2024 (Presidents Day Week)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Week of March 11, 2024

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Week of April 8, 2024 (Possible spring break conflicts)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Week of May 20, 2024 (Week before Memorial Day)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Week of September 2, 2024 (Labor Day Week)

• Week of October 7, 2024

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Week of November 4, 2024

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Week of December 2, 2024

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • 2024 Probably won't work for me, let's wait till 2025

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi all, the biggest thing is whether or not we have enough interest to book this as a group or if we just all need to book individually and then we can get our reservation numbers and do a "travel together" number where they get us all together. Based on the initial survey, it didn't look like we necessarily had enough to do a group reservation.

If everyone who is definitely "in" for the November 4, 2024 date would please give this post a thumbs up so we can get a count to see which route we should go.

As a reminder on timeframe (based on my experience with the October 2020 DISMeet at the Fort), if we CAN get a group contract it must be signed and executed BEFORE the 500 day window comes open for the first day (or even sooner because of the max 30 reservation length) of the contract. That way that many Premium (for example) sites will be taken out of inventory so regular on-line reservations can't book up those spaces. Or else we'll run into the problem we had a few years ago when the contracted sites were NOT removed from inventory and the Fort was seriously double-booked.

So it may feel like we still have time to figure this out but not as much as one might think. The 2024 on-line bookings in the past have opened early June-ish and our 500 day window opens late June which leaves us about 3 months. But if one month is used up partially by folks booking deep into the 30-day max window, that leaves us about 2 months of time.

And we need to reach a consensus soon IMO about whether we want to try to use Full sites or Premiums (like loop 1100 from 2020's DISMeet which was a Premium) for a group stay. Would we do Premiums again in order to accommodate the greatest number of attendees?

Ed

Last edited:
Ed,

If something comes up and we are unable to attend, do we still have the 5/10/whatever it is now -day time frame to cancel our reservations?

I guess we need a premium vs. full poll along with definite in count?
There's not a way to do a sub poll so I guess the easiest is if everyone replies if they have a strong feeling one way or another (Full vs. Premium)

There's not a way to do a sub poll so I guess the easiest is if everyone replies if they have a strong feeling one way or another (Full vs. Premium)

We could just open a sub thread and ask. Full could be a challenge for me, many of those sites are pretty tight for a 42' 5th wheel.

I’m ok with either, but if premium makes life easier for all, I’m good with that.

Ed,

If something comes up and we are unable to attend, do we still have the 5/10/whatever it is now -day time frame to cancel our reservations?

@cruising spud,

If we all have to do individual reservations, the usual 5-days-before-arrival cancellation rules apply if you have a room-only reservation. Then you WOULD get your 1-night deposit refunded. If we end up doing our own things and you choose a package plan, that has its own cancellation rules which would apply in that case.

If we get a contract, it's a little more gray. Our 2020 contract specified a MAXIMUM number of sites available to book for the group but in the fine print also specified a MINIMUM number at various target dates before the event. Such as "50% of MAX sites booked 90 days before arrival" and at 60 days before arrival any unbooked (if over the minimum) would return to Disney inventory to be booked available (assuming we were over 50% but under 100% of MAX sites). I can understand that point because Disney doesn't want to strand unbooked rooms. But individuals don't appear responsible to Disney for a site, only the contract administrator on our side. If a bunch of individuals back out at the last minute on a contract, they are not in a crack, it's our contract administrator.

Now take what I say with a grain of salt since IIRC we signed the contract for the 2020 DISMeet in 2019 and then the Virus hit in early 2020 and some folks dropped out for their own personal reasons. It was apparent from the language in the contract versus Disney's actions that they went easy on groups like us because we had over 30 sites booked at one time and ended up having about 12 show up. It was what it was. But it is a contract and we would have to be prepared to honor it if Disney held our feet to the fire.

So if we have interest from 20 folks and the MINIMUM in the contract is 8 and MAXIMUM is 25, that leaves us some breathing room. In my mind it's not 51%-49% in either direction. Not that any asked but as a past organizer of this here cat herd, the contract terms should VERY CLEARLY favor doing a contract or else we go individual sites.

giphy.gif

The negotiations need to be more like 67%-33% or 75%-25% in our favor of being able to fulfill or else we all do the individual thing and try to link into the same loop. We don't want to put Arc in jeopardy.

giphy.gif

I appreciate him wanting to wrangle this here bunch to one place at one time.

And as a pop-up couple, we will go with a Premium site or anything less.

Ed

Last edited:
So second survey. How many are planning to stick around after Friday the 10th?

Right now it’s looking like arrival on the 3rd or 4th for me is no proble. I can work part of the week and partake in festivities and some park time, work at other times. DW cannot get here there till Thursday evening and might be able to get a 4 day weekend which we will stay. I’ll head north after she flies home

Full could be a challenge for me, many of those sites are pretty tight for a 42' 5th wheel.
There aren't as many Full sites that will fit us, but there should be enough. This was from January 2022 in the 1600 loop. I'm 42 ft plus the Jeep and I still had room.

20220109_110313.jpg
So second survey. How many are planning to stick around after Friday the 10th?

Right now it’s looking like arrival on the 3rd or 4th for me is no proble. I can work part of the week and partake in festivities and some park time, work at other times.
I'm thinking on staying at least 2 weeks. Probably arrive the 2nd or 3rd (Sat-Sun) and stay until at least the 16th. DW can work anywhere. She worked half the time we were there last January. I can stretch it and take meetings as I need to.

I'm good with a Full site to save some $$ for the Kenny Cart.

j

@Teamubr I think the sites are deep enough. I recall that angle to get into many are really tough For a 5th wheel over bus. I’m down with it, still 50a full hookup.

For me I’ll take time off during the week, but after 10-14 days in cali I’ll try to conserve a little if I can.

@Teamubr I think the sites are deep enough. I recall that angle to get into many are really tough For a 5th wheel over bus. I’m down with it.
Like everything at the Fort, strategically placed trash cans, fire hydrants, transformers, fences or the neighbor's vehicle will make any site a nightmare.

j

As its been said "This is the way" when it comes to most campgrounds. We are booked for premium and if I was staying 2 weeks might not want to drop that much over FH. I can make it work, if we ahve a block maybe my neighbors will be around to move so I can get into a site.

We are in. I would suspect our timeline would be ideally to get in on Friday Nov 1 but that might be hard so Sat Nov 2 for sure, and i would stay till Sat Nov 16. As for site we can do either Full or Premium. Just a quick shout out that the Wine and Dine half marathon weekend will be Nov 1 to Nov 3. Races will be early in the morning and probably not cause any issues. The race party will be at Epcot on Nov 3. Race participants get a party ticket and are allowed into Epcot at 5 pm on Nov 3. Plan accordingly.

I am with the above, hopeing to get in like the 2nd, and leave about the 10th. Unfortunately the kido can only miss so much school. We may stay longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter