Disney’s Resort Massage & Fitness Spa Reviews

I was just looking at their website today, and they indeed offer it:
Couple's Relaxation Package 2 hours $400
Couple's Aromatherapy Massage 50 & 80 minutes $270/$380

Thanks for the info, but ouch!! Might treat him if he's a good boy! :rotfl:

MickeyNiki, thank you so much for this detailed post! My fiance and I have been discussing getting a couples massage at GF but were unsure what all went with it - we even discussed whether we needed to go back to our resort to shower before getting the massage (we're going in August so we may be a little...how do you say...SWEATY!!). Your description sounds wonderful and I am now very excited about it.

Here's a general question for everybody out there: can you request the gender of the person who gives you the massage? For whatever reason, the fiance would rather not have a guy massage him (go figure!).

Walkie, so glad the review helped...have a fantastic time!

:cool1::cool1:Ok... I am going to book a massage at the WL- early evening if I can, that way ds (12) can go to the Cub's Den (and get his video game fix too!)
How do I do this? what #? or do I have to wait until I get there??

I had knee surgery on my knee about 6 weeks ago--- I tore something in it a week before I went to WDW this past disney and I was a hurting puppy in Disney--- didn't know at the time I had really hurt it--- in denial, nothing was stopping me from going to WDW...
so I am going to rationalize the $$ as "therapuetic" for my knee :cool1:

Someone mentioned an AP discount? is this true? Jill

We're going down in September and staying at Bay Lake Tower. My wife would like to get her nails done (a full set, whatever that means :)) and a pedicure at one of the spas/salons. Can anyone suggest where would be the best place to have this done? Would the salon at the Contemporary be good for this or would should be better off visiting one of the full spas?

Now lets talk spa...or rather I died and went to heaven! I arrived 15 minutes early but that was ok because my masseuer took me early and spent the extra 15 minutes on me.

The Mandara Spa is unlike any other....when you enter the spa itself there is a huge relaxation, waiting room with hot tea, citrus water, large cushioned benches. The ladies lounge has 3 showers, 2 small and 1 huge, all kinds of toiletries for you to use, private toilets, lots of lockers, huge robes, flip flops, more citrus water, and a steam room..I used it all and I was the only one there, never saw another person.

Ok lets get a bit TO MUCH INFO but I did skin to the wind, nothing but a robe babe, I was ready for this stone massage!

I went to wait for John, holy crap you guys have got to ask for John he works Sun, Mon and Tues only. He is also a physical therapist. He asked where my problems were, he said he could tell it was my shoulders and neck because I was all bunched up, also my lower back kills me from sitting in a desk all the time. He decided to do a stone physical therapy massage and the boy got into knots and tense areas that I never knew existed...I was in a good pain mode, the kind where you know that is the spot and it hurts but you want them to work out the kink. THe hot stones were incredible, he lays them on the back and then kneads them into the muscle....oh my it was terrific. 90 minutes of this and I still wanted more, he massaged from my toes to my head, the ears, the hands ...EVERYTHING!

When he was done I was reeling with relaxation, my body felt like Jello and he made me drink 2 glasses of water to help get the toxins out of my body.

Then I went to see Kristen for my Tri Enzyme Resurfacing Facial for 60 minutes..it lightened my face, removed the dark circles and smoothed out my entire face, I was glowing all night long and DH could not get over it! She also massaged my neck, back, head, shoulders, arms and hands.

After my bliss was over I went to the temple, another room where they do pedicures and manis, gorgeous huge room with ice tea, hot tea etc and a view of the water. Relaxed there for a bit and then took a shower...DH had called and said he was back at the resort so I went to go pick him up for dinner.

When I was paying they offered me the products that were used on me, a 5 piece facial set and massage oil with healing items in it....total cost was $700 for these 6 times...I said Uh No, DH didnt give me that much moolah.....

MY GOODNESS that was ridiculous and that was with 20% off....the mark up is insane...and to add insult to injury the facial items read

:happytv:Got my wife a suprise 1 hour massage at CSR for her birthday on our last trip in 08. She said it was great, sorry I dont recall the name of the MT.
by the by, I loved it too, the kids swam in the quite pool where the spa is located and I napped in the shade by the pool. All 4 of us had a great experience. :banana:

My 11 year old daughter and I would like to get a massage at the Beach Club when we go in July. Does anyone know the age requirement there? I have had a massage there several times, but did not notice. She and I have done massages at the GF since they have the "My First Massage" but it would be really nice not to have to travel so far. Any help would be really appreciated.

We're going to be on a real tight budget but I'd thought maybe to treat myself to the basic massage. Do you really feel special and relaxed from it?

We were thinking about going to AKL for a massage and then dinner at BOMA. But before our massage, I thought that we could go for a swim in the pool to help relax-after all swimming is fittness! Is that allowed? We would not be guests at that resort. Thanks! :thumbsup2

:woohoo: Update: I called AKL and asked if it was possible if we check into our appointment early so we could go swimming and they said YES no problem. :banana: So now I just have to figure out our dining reservations and work our way backward! :yay: Very excited to spend the day with my DH! :hug:

a little bump to ths tread

can someone tell me when i should make my reservation i i want to go in late august

has anybody had the tired leg massage? wondering if it was worth the $45 for 25 minutes...

We're doing a second honeymoon at AKL this summer. This is a huge deal for us as we usually travel with DS, who has mild autism. He is a lovely boy, but there is still a fair amount of WDW we have not experienced because of his aversion to loud noises. For example, I've been WDW about 11 times, including off site and I've still never seen "Fantasmic" in its entirety or gone on "Tower of Terror." This is our trip to do and see all the stuff we've missed. Anyway, my question is: what is the most romantic couples spa treatment you've had at WDW? Thanks.

Has anyone ever had a facial at the GF? I've never had one before, and I can choose between the CR, WL and GF.

What's good for men? On our next trip, DW and I would like some kind of spa treatment.

I'd like something different than a regular massage that I've had before.... but I don't know anything about spa stuff. Help! Here's some of the things on the menu that sound interesting on the web site - http://www.relaxedyet.com/gf_treatments.asp

Aurum Manus Massage
Citrus Zest Therapy
Aromatherapy Massage
Aromatherapy Massage and Body Wrap
Sports Massage
Gentlemen's Facial
Paraffin Treatment for Hands and Feet

What are the water therapies and soaks... am I missing something... or would it be cheaper to just get some nice bath oil or salts and put it in my own tub at home -- I have a jet air massage tub by bain ultra. It is a mighty awesome tub if you have never heard of it. http://www.bainultra.com/web/wcm/connect/bainultra/en/main/products/baths/

I'm planning my next trip in April.:yay: Any good spa experiences lately? I don't know if Rachel works at WDW anymore. Can anyone recommend another massage therapist?

I'm planning my next trip in April.:yay: Any good spa experiences lately? I don't know if Rachel works at WDW anymore. Can anyone recommend another massage therapist?

I love Marqi (Grand Floridian Staff) now at Saratoga Springs and other rotations during the current spa renovations. I have chronic neck and upper back pain as well as migraines and the Aurum Manus Signature Massage by Marqi is the most incredible massage experience each and every time. My husband and I go to Disney several times a year and always schedule one. my physical therapist and neurologist are highly supportive of this as a great therapy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter