**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

My guess is they bring DHS AH back in a form most people aren’t expecting. I’ve believed for a while that they’re holding back on it because they’ll have a Star Wars “themed” one similar to VAH and they can’t pull the trigger until after ROTR opens as the crown jewel. Allow us nerds to cosplay to our heart’s content, have upcharge SW themed snacks/food items on top of the free snacks, party specific merch, and extra entertainment—bring back March of the First Order but run it through Batuu, as one example. A Galactic Nights lite the way VAH is Halloween lite. They would make money hand over fist from something like that.
I believe you are 100% right about this. There is no chance Disney won't try to monetize the new land. They'd be crazy not to.

I believe you are 100% right about this. There is no chance Disney won't try to monetize the new land. They'd be crazy not to.

The popularity of VAH showed them that they can charge a premium on top of a hard ticket event with a little bit of extra theming. Either way, I'll eat my ear hat if they don't bring back regular DHS AH after ROTR opens, as a minimum. If it lives up to the hype and sees wait times similar to FOP, AH would sell itself. But I really, really think they're going to make it Star Wars themed AH, or a new type of hard ticket AH-esque event that they'll charge more for. And it will be similarly polarizing to VAH. But imo it would be the only explanation for why they're holding back on announcing the dates when we have them for MK and AK.

While I get they may not be totally ready for a new Star War Themed AH while the new attraction comes on line at DHS doing a Pixar AH makes total sense. If I'm in the park and know I'm coming for Pixar AH event will I won't waste time there knowing I can do them in AH? Maybe yeah others make FP+ for those hours alleviating load. I'll stand in line all day for the Star War stuff if I know I'll be able to do Pixar in after hours... freeing up FP for daytimers ..... seems super obvious to me but.....

Can't believe they still have no ticketed event for the park containing 2 of the most in demand rides on site. The current FP situation is a joke due to the overall lack of rides, still, at this park.

Sounds at the moment they need a lot of hours for maintenance for the new ride . But saying that they opened the park at 6am. I'm sure but it would still be popular even with out the newest star wars ride being included

Sorry to excite everyone with the notification haha

But what is the consensus on something being announced? Before or after the holidays? My guess is right after Christmas and New Year's.

Also, do you think it will be just a typical AH event or something more geared towards Star Wars (like a villains AH)?

Sorry to excite everyone with the notification haha

But what is the consensus on something being announced? Before or after the holidays? My guess is right after Christmas and New Year's.

Also, do you think it will be just a typical AH event or something more geared towards Star Wars (like a villains AH)?
I would think after, so they know how everything goes during a super-busy time like the holidays. And maybe they’d do a mix of SW and not SW dates like MK has VAH and normal AH??

I just don't get it. From my point of view, they are really dropping the ball on trying to capitalize on SWGE. People have already booked their ADRs for Spring Break and now they are starting for the summer months. Pretty soon it will be time for FP reservations. It's time to announce dates (if they are going to do it) so people can plan!

I understand ROTR might not be included, but to be able to get access to TSL and SWGE with lower crowds is enough for me.

Well, we are hoping they'll add after hours for July so we can book. Hoping all rides are included, but if they offered it with all rides EXCEPT the Star Wars rides we'd still do it--Tower of Terror, Rock 'n Roller Coaster and Toy Story Mania are three of my top 5 or 6 rides at Disney (along with some mix of Expedition Everest, Splash Mountain, and FOP).

Here's the thing. If they offered this with SWGE rides it would be overrun, defeating the entire purpose of an after hours event. The vast majority of people buying those tickets would be there for Galaxy's edge, not criss crossing the park going from ride to ride like the MK and AK events. You would still be standing in line for these rides because everyone at the event would be trying to get on 2 rides at the same time. Unless they SEVERELY limited tickets it would be a madhouse and overrun capacity on the rides. If they limited tickets to the point that this was not the case, the tickets would likely sell out almost immediately.

Here's the thing. If they offered this with SWGE rides it would be overrun, defeating the entire purpose of an after hours event. The vast majority of people buying those tickets would be there for Galaxy's edge, not criss crossing the park going from ride to ride like the MK and AK events. You would still be standing in line for these rides because everyone at the event would be trying to get on 2 rides at the same time. Unless they SEVERELY limited tickets it would be a madhouse and overrun capacity on the rides. If they limited tickets to the point that this was not the case, the tickets would likely sell out almost immediately.
Sure, but that's not much different than FOP at Animal Kingdom, right? FOP is super-popular with massive standby lines compared to the other rides at AK (including Expedition Everest), but Disney still manages to make it work for after hours at AK.

Sure, but that's not much different than FOP at Animal Kingdom, right? FOP is super-popular with massive standby lines compared to the other rides at AK (including Expedition Everest), but Disney still manages to make it work for after hours at AK.
Yep. It’s the same idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter