**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Okay, so if that's true, then last night should not be used as a "typical" DAH in any way. I mean, 750 people in that park?? It would feel empty! And I can't think of another modern DAH where people reported 11 rides on 7DMT. Most of the time it has had a 10-20 minute wait, so last night really feels like an anomaly. I'm happy for everyone who experienced it :woohoo:, but it doesn't seem like most people will have a night like that at all.

I think during the last hour or so 7DMT is like a 5 minute wait... the 20 minute waits are at the beginning of the event.

I could not do 11 rides on that thing in a row anyway :crazy2:

What an amazing night!

I arrived just before 6:30. They were holding the DAH people until 7, so I went in the regular entrance with my AP. I started with dinner at CHH and then a FP at JC. There was quite the line and it started raining before I was under cover. Then the ride itself was very wet, so I started my night cold and drenched. Honestly, I was thinking longingly of my warm and dry room at POFQ and starting to regret buying a DAH ticket. But I decided to tough it out and told myself that I could leave early if I stayed miserable (hah!). Splash was a walk-on and I was already wet, so I got into the line before I could talk myself out of it like I’ve done for every other trip. And I survived! I bought a pin to commemorate the occasion and then found a spot for HEA just before 8:30. It rained on and off before and even during the show and thoughts of leaving early drifted through my mind again. So I wasn’t in the most positive frame of mind to start the event. I rode the People Mover, missed CoP because it had already closed, and then walked back to the Hub to catch OUAT for the first time.

Then it was 10 and the walk-ons started immediately with HM, as I walked straight through the queue and was the only person waiting at the doors. There were maybe 12 of us in the stretching room. I walked to Fantasyland and discovered that every party was given their own boat for IASW. With PP, I walked right up and was asked if I wanted to ride in a red or blue ship. The few behind me flew empty. I grabbed ice cream and water and sat for a minute at Friar’s Nook (looking at all the empty tables and laughing at the memory of fighting for a spot just a day earlier). Then I decided to wait in what I was sure would be a line for 7DMT, only to find yet another walk-on. I rode 3x before I started getting dizzy and then did Pooh before heading across the park for BTMRR (with only the first and last rows occupied) and POTC (my own boat again). I got more ice cream, crossed the park again for Buzz, decided to skip SM because it’s so jostling, had a private ride on Dumbo, went UTS, headed back to do 7DMT 4x, and then ended my night with PP. I happened to be walking right in front of the castle at 1, so I had a prime spot for the Kiss Goodnight. Then I walked out through a near empty Main Street to find a bus already waiting.

Overall tally: 7DMT 7x, PP 2x, plus 8 other rides during the event. All walk-ons and I could have done more if I walked faster instead of enjoying the ambiance. There were times when I looked around and saw no one else. And walking on Mine Train was insane. We were all getting off the ride and then looping through to the load zone to board again immediately. I shared the same car with another solo traveler on two rides in a row. The pictures are funny because he’s in the left seat behind me for one ride and the right for the other.

Best. Event. Ever.

Last edited:
I think during the last hour or so 7DMT is like a 5 minute wait... the 20 minute waits are at the beginning of the event.

I could not do 11 rides on that thing in a row anyway :crazy2:
We rode near the end of the night and still waited around 20 minutes but we went when they had lanyards and not wristbands

I’ve read just about every DAH event review post over time from current and prior DAH threads. I’ve done it three times myself. Whatever the reason, I think those of you who went last night found yourself at just about the lowest attended DAH night yet. The wait times on the app backed up by these glowing reports is somewhat jaw dropping. I’m glad everyone had such a great evening (although a bit worried some of these reports set the bar too high!).

I’ve read just about every DAH event review post over time from current and prior DAH threads. I’ve done it three times myself. Whatever the reason, I think those of you who went last night found yourself at just about the lowest attended DAH night yet. The wait times on the app backed up by these glowing reports is somewhat jaw dropping. I’m glad everyone had such a great evening (although a bit worried some of these reports set the bar too high!).

I am so thankful we had this night. Considering this is our last trip for a very long time, if ever, it will always be a very happy and special memory for me.

It looks like everyone else chose to ride certain rides multiple times. We decided to do everything once and it was so much fun.

I remember commenting once that I wonder if we could make it to every single ride during DAH. Well we didn’t, but we sure came close! The ones we skipped were the rides for younger kids we don’t ride anyway plus IASW (too long), but we hit everything else. We started in Tomorrowland and went around the entire park and ended the night back in Tomorrowland on the People Mover. So much fun!

I'm excited to go in March but I agree with a poster above. Perhaps the bar is being set too high and Disney will lower the price or add on capacity to make it less empty by the time March rolls around. I sure hope not but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high.

Also went 11/26... BTTMR x2, Space x3, Mine Train x2, Splash x2... not one time was the train completely full. Even in space, there was at least one empty row/seat on every one of the ride vehicles for every mountain.

As others have said, truly an amazing event. There is no doubt in my mind that it was vary sparsely attended. Maybe because the rain killed day of sales, maybe the time of year, maybe luck, probably a combination of all three.

Interesting thing happened. My wife hates splash so much. She rides it with me once because she's awesome. As the log pulled into the loading area after the ride was over, the lap bars released. She was quick to stand, so was another person in the log. As they stood the log moved forward, so that the first two rows of the log weren't lined up with the platform and the back two rows could still leave via the front two spots of the platform.

At that point, the cast member asked if we wanted to ride again, which was met with a quick hell no from my wife. He then told us we have to ride again. We asked why, we can get out, he said he can't let us do that. In hindsight, we probably should have got out, but we complied, sat down, and secured the lap bar. Tough for the wife, and also tough for the two in the front row. They got drenched times 2.

Last edited:
The way things have gone, word will spread about the low (no) waits on attractions and extremely low attendance at this DAH event and on Monday, there will be 25,000 people at the event with a 2 hour wait for 7DMT. I'm obviously being sarcastic but people should absolutely not expect this type of experience at future DAH nights. It's a fantastic add-on (my favorite) with much value but this was an outlier.

Also, I forgot another highlight. Went to Jungle Cruise hoping for our own boat, we got it. The skipper asked us if we want the Jingle Cruise experience or the (insert name here) experience. We asked for the personal experience.

We got an amazing ride of behind the scenes stories, facts, and even some stopping to give us time to find hidden Mickey's.

That was awesome.

Last edited:
FYI, I don't believe DAH is being offered on February 21. It's not available on the website, and also isn't listed on Touring Plans' list of DAH dates. At first I thought it might be sold out since that's Presidents' Week, but I called the special events number that someone posted here to call for a handful of dates (including February 21), and they confirmed that it's not being offered that night. Such a bummer. @detroitdad , I saw you listed in the Dis attendees for February 21. Were you able to book for that night? Am I missing something??

The day they're offering this during our trip, we have an Epcot day. We don't have hoppers. If we want to do this event, will we be able to without hoppers? Spend morning at Epcot and evening at MK? Thanks for any info.

The day they're offering this during our trip, we have an Epcot day. We don't have hoppers. If we want to do this event, will we be able to without hoppers? Spend morning at Epcot and evening at MK? Thanks for any info.

Yes you can. This is a special event at MK, regular day tickets not needed. You will enter MK through the “event” entrance area. You can officially get in at 7pm, but many people report they were let in around 6.

I'm excited to go in March but I agree with a poster above. Perhaps the bar is being set too high and Disney will lower the price or add on capacity to make it less empty by the time March rolls around. I sure hope not but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high.

Here's the thing though, I would take any reports from 11/26 as an anomaly and leave it at that. It was an extremely low-attended event, much, much lower than usual. I fully expect the next event will back to normal, although we haven't had many of these during party season so maybe only time will tell if they are as well attended as the spring and summer events. This sounds like an awesome experience, even on a sold-out night, but the extremely empty park witnessed on 11/26 is not something most people will encounter.

I don't think Disney has to change anything at this point (regarding your concern about altering the price or capacity).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter