**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I have such a hard time with decisions. And I have to decide btwn DAH MK and DAH HS for my trip. We have SDMT Fps for 2 days already, so maybe I should do DHS. Ugh, this is so hard.
I know it is so frustrating. I was hoping for MK and AK for June. I'm rethinking all my plans again because there are no AK events during our week and maybe there might be for MK :sad2:? I'm not sure what to do at this point. I have dining reservations already and now I guess I need to switch some again because I had planned on us dining right before we left for DAH.
They do have the DHS event our week but did not care to go to that one. It is the same day I booked the HS dessert party ugh. My plans are a mess :crazy2:

It's so frustrating. I've given up on it for our July trip. If it happens and works out with my plan then fine.

I just looked at the DHS dates and for whatever reason, our week in June isn’t having one. We’re already shut out for AK since we fly home the only day of theirs. I’m really starting to think MK won’t happen for us either (despite what I just said above).

I’m personally not. I’m just stunned it wasn’t released today like AK & DHS were. I don’t understand the gradual trickle.

I swear, part of the DHS survey questions I had a few weeks ago about how we planned, when we decided to go, etc were half way making me think they WANT this as a somewhat late stage planning offering, not necessarily way out in advance.

Who knows though. The summer series last year wasn’t announced until May- FWIW.

I honestly never once thought this event would be offered for my trip dates (4/28 - 5/3) BUT since it is of course I bought in for May 2nd. It's my last night in Disney so this event actually opens up the possibility of me enjoying evening Epcot AND MK. Sad I had to pay $125 for it, but!

Now to go read everyone's experiences because I haven't been keeping up with DAH at all.
Our trip dates are the same!! I'm so happy that we get to end our vacation this way! We only have one day in MK, so this guarantees that we will be able to ride everything we want to, and it works out that we will bookend our vacay at MK. Plus, DH has never been, and he's kind of a grump about waiting in lines, so this will surely make him happy. The price stings a little, but I know the memories will be priceless. I spent new years eve at MK in 1997 with my parents - after the fireworks I dragged my poor daddy back over tomorrowland to ride SM again. We walked on and then the CM let us ride a second time without even getting out! That is the main thing I remember most about that trip and I'll never forget it!!

FWIW, someone in another thread pointed this out to me.

DAH on 5/30 is listed at 9pm-12am. MK closes at 10pm per the park calendar. It appears someone has flubbed the DAH times (again). Either this night is really 10pm-1am, or they intend to update the park calendar to a 9pm close (it would be rare for them to move back a previously published closing time).

Something to keep an eye on!

FWIW, someone in another thread pointed this out to me.

DAH on 5/30 is listed at 9pm-12am. MK closes at 10pm per the park calendar. It appears someone has flubbed the DAH times (again). Either this night is really 10am-1am, or they intend to update the park calendar to a 9pm close (it would be rare for them to move back a previously published closing time).

Something to keep an eye on!

Isn't that also the night that has HEA at 9:15?

We're doing 2 AK days on our early May trip and I was really hoping they'd do an After Hours event on one of those days. So of course the only night they're having it at AK on our trip is the day we're going to Epcot to do evening EMH.

Once they announce Disney After Hours dates does that mean the park hours for those weeks are set in stone, or could they still extend hours for parks on days in which those parks don't have an After Hours event?

I am very curious about the May 4th Hollywood Studios one...

But the description is still a little vague to me. Or maybe it is just that, extra Star Wars meet and greets...

2732BF32-1DCF-428E-A617-252D3FE43AEC.png [GALLERY=][/GALLERY][GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
Yup. I’m thinking that has to be an error and DAH will really be 10-1 that night - that would make the most sense.

Every single time there is some small error or confusion with these rollouts. Like clockwork!

Further errors. The internal calendar even on the app does not list the event as occurring on May 30. I bought tickets for both May 23rd and May 30th and the confirmation for both say the event starts at 10pm.

View attachment 391217 [GALLERY=][/GALLERY][GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Further errors. The internal calendar even on the app does not list the event as occurring on May 30. I bought tickets for both May 23rd and May 30th and the confirmation for both say the event starts at 10pm.

Classic. The website park calendar shows DAH as 9-12 on both dates.

Honestly 10pm would make more sense to me for May when compared to typical May hours in the past.

So crazy how this happens.

I swear, part of the DHS survey questions I had a few weeks ago about how we planned, when we decided to go, etc were half way making me think they WANT this as a somewhat late stage planning offering, not necessarily way out in advance.

Who knows though. The summer series last year wasn’t announced until May- FWIW.

Our dates are 6/5-11
There have never been MK DAH for that time (and currently only has an AK DAH for 6/11). I’m thinking we are out of luck, simply because DHS isn’t offering one that week either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter