Disney after hours vs Deluxe extended hours

tinkerbell070406

Earning My Ears
Hello! I was hoping someone might be able to give an opinion on if the after hours $ event is worth it? We are staying in a deluxe hotel so we are able to do the deluxe extended hours, but I'm wondering if the after hours event might be better. Any thoughts? We are traveling in one week. TIA!

After hours are incredible and do not require a park ticket. We were able to enter Hollywood Studios three hours prior park close/start of after hours.

Extended hours are great for a day you don’t want to rope drop.

After hours are incredible and do not require a park ticket. We were able to enter Hollywood Studios three hours prior park close/start of after hours.

Extended hours are great for a day you don’t want to rope drop.
I think you need to clarify what you mean by “do not require a park ticket”. After hour events are a separate hard ticket event with prices starting around $155 per person. Now there are some DVC Moonlight Magic events that do not require a ticket purchase, but that’s a whole different thing.

The OP acknowledged the separate cost. I pointed out you do not have to wait until park closure to enter for just after hours.

It makes more sense for a resort day versus enjoying extended hours to stay longer on a park day or hopping in from another park for extended hours.

We did the HS AH event and it was amazing. The EEMH are good too, but the hard ticket AH event is a totally different level. We walked on ROTR 3 times, and it was really magically walking around a seemingly empty HS. It was the highlight of our trip last January.
Have you heard if the Epcot or MK events are worth it?

Have you heard if the Epcot or MK events are worth it as well?
They are a ’perk’ and may change. WDW can and has changed schedules and limited to only Epcot. You really can only count on Epcot on Monday and even that is not guaranteed.

To me Epcot isn’t worth it for After Hours. You can ride everything at Epcot during the day. You have more rides at MK. But Epcot and MK are the normal parks for deluxe evening hours so you’re getting 2 extra hours after closing for no extra costs instead of $100 plus a person for After hours. Tron and Guardians have 6 pm virtual queue drops for extra hours .

HS is only park that I would consider After Hours since rides lines are pretty long during the day.

To me Epcot isn’t worth it for After Hours. You can ride everything at Epcot during the day. You have more rides at MK. But Epcot and MK are the normal parks for deluxe evening hours so you’re getting 2 extra hours after closing for no extra costs instead of $100 plus a person for After hours. Tron and Guardians have 6 pm virtual queue drops for extra hours .

HS is only park that I would consider After Hours since rides lines are pretty long during the day.
Good info!!

One thing to think about with the deluxe extra evening hours is whether your family can stay out that late. Last spring we did one ride during extra hours at MK and then called it a night. But if your family can stay out late, the waits were definitely low.

I’ve done a ticketed event at MK and EEH at MK and Epcot. Ticketed was fun to do once. It seemed worth it as I loved the freedom of not paying for snacks, etc. lines weren’t bad, and it was a very relaxed atmosphere as the park wasn’t crowded. Rides are so spread out at Epcot that I wouldn’t consider paying for an event there. EEH isn’t better, but is almost as good. As you are already paying for EEH in your deluxe accommodation rate, I’d just go with that. WDW is crazy expensive and I’m not sure it’s worth spending $135 pp for “free” snacks. You’ll still get in plenty of rides.

One thing to think about with the deluxe extra evening hours is whether your family can stay out that late. Last spring we did one ride during extra hours at MK and then called it a night. But if your family can stay out late, the waits were definitely low.
Im going to rely on being on pacific time, so 10pm is only 7pm for me. lol
Im going to sleep in as much as possible, but I’ll naturally wake up around 7am which will be 10am already!!

I can't speak personally about either, but I would certainly consider an AH event at either. The only issue I think with Epcot is that it's such a large park you could lose a fair amount of time going between Ratatouille and the rest of the attractions. MK would be good, especially if you are a fan of 7DMT or Tron.

I can't speak personally about either, but I would certainly consider an AH event at either. The only issue I think with Epcot is that it's such a large park you could lose a fair amount of time going between Ratatouille and the rest of the attractions. MK would be good, especially if you are a fan of 7DMT or Tron.
I wish I had gone through with my purchase of MK AH for my upcoming trip. Seems like it would have paid off well.

Can someone who has been to the AH at HS tell me if the stores are open and if all the rides are open during the event? My daughter and her friends will be there when HS is having an AH event and they're trying to decide if it's worth it to go. Their trip is very short and doing the AH would give them a third park. Thanks all!

Can someone who has been to the AH at HS tell me if the stores are open and if all the rides are open during the event? My daughter and her friends will be there when HS is having an AH event and they're trying to decide if it's worth it to go. Their trip is very short and doing the AH would give them a third park. Thanks all!
From Disney website

IMG_7043.png

On a short trip I think any AH event is definitely “worth it”, but it’s double the cost of a park for that day.

You can see the guide ar the link below with some of the stores that are open. They have a review on their main site.

I added the AH to add a third park. Not sure if it’ll be worth it but I’m looking forward to an empty park and a unique experience!

https://blogmickey.com/wp-content/u...ios-after-horus-event-guide-2024-1-scaled.jpg

Does Hollywood Studios ever have extended hours? The free ones, offered to Disney deluxe hotels?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter