Disney and digital cameras...

Familyof6

Mouseketeer
I have a question about digital cameras. Is there anywhere in the parks or resorts where one can dock a camera and send the pix home so that one can delete the pix from the memory card. I will plan on buying another card, but I'm concerned that that may not even be enough pix. I would like to email the pix back home and clear them off the camera to make room for more. We have a Kodak camera, if that makes any difference.

TIA,
Lisa:)

With a family of SIX, I gues there is never enough picture taking:p . However, I have a Kodak DX 3600 digital camera and I would play it safe and just buy 2 memory cards. $50-$60 bucks each and not risk losing your e-mailed pictures. Just b\c you send the pictures, doesn't mean they are going to make it.

Each memory card (depending on its size) can hold 100+ pictures. That's more than 200 pictures of your Disney trip. I think that should be enough. Then again, I only have a family of THREE ;)

Glenn

my father has a cannon digital... he bought a huge memory card off of ebay (I think) last year and on the lowest setting (which is still awesome) he can take over 600 pictures...

Another Kodak owner here. I just use several CF memory cards and store everything until I get get home.
However about a year ago someone mentioned that they went to the Kodak store at Epcot and had their photos transfered to a Photo CD. There was a charge for this (It's WDW) but reasonable. This was the place at the end of JIYI that had more Figments for sale then the attraction. Wish I had more info.
RussH

I just used my FUJI digital camera for a 10-day trip to Disneyland and San Diego, I had the 16 meg card my camera came with plus bought 2 64meg cards for only $30 at www.sterlingtek.com (they were great). The 64meg cards each gave me over 100 pictures at medium quality (In NJ I would have definitely paid over $30 to develope 4 24 exposure rolls of film so the way I look at it the card was paid for in one trip). Plus I actually took more pictures than that but each night I reviewed them and there were always some duds so I deleted them and had plenty of space to take every photo I wanted to. I suggest just having enough storage, you'd hate to lose precious photos.

I have started using a Minolta Dimage7 that takes 5megapixel images. In the higest res jpeg mode the files are really big (about 2-2.5 Mb each) so storage is important.

I have two 128 Mb flash cards that I carry, but each only holds 50 pics, so I knew I'd need better storage for our June trip to WDW. I researched and bought a device called "Mindstor". If you aren't familiar with it here is a link for more info: Mindstor Info

A bit expensive at over $200 for the 5Gig version, but a lot cheaper than 10 CF cards!!!

Thanks so much for all your help! I think you are right about not wanting to take a chance at losing our precious pix. I will buy a couple more cards. The 64 meg cards were about $50 at Walmart. The 128 meg was about $90. I guess when you figure the price of developing pix (that end up with some duds) and buying the reusable digital cards without a dud in the bunch, it doesn't seem like such a big expense.
I will look into perhaps finding the place that'll put them on disk for you. That way we can take way more pix than we will ever want to look at again! ;)

Thanks,
Lisa:)

I'm getting ready for my first trip to Disney since 1978!!! I know, I'm a slacker! We are taking our Kodack DC3400 and our 128 meg card. We are taking a friends laptop, adding our camera software to it, so that we can download our pictures every night and start the morning with an empty card. At the best settings I can get 103 pics and I know I'll use them all each day! My kids (12 & 9) first trip to Disney!! We are also getting each of them a disposable camera for each day, to see what catches their eye!

In case you decide to send your pics home or put them on a cd other than at Epcot, Kinkos will let you rent a computer to check your e-mail, or do whatever you want. Kinko's is a logical option for you if you have a car. We used them several times last year to e-mail pictures and to do some fun stuff while the kids rested. This year we have a laptop we are taking, but it won't burn cds so we might still go to Kinko's if we need to burn a cd of the pics.

Take your camera software in case their computer doesn't recognize it.

Hope this helps.

We have a digital camcorder. I have only loaded the pictures from the card onto my PC. Does it work the same with rolls of film as it does with the memory cards? I can take the card to a film developer and they will develop the pictures directly from the memory card. If that is my correct understanding let me know. It looks like I need to purchase another memory card for our trip in August. This just gets me even more excited!

In reply to nluvwithdisney..... I have not researched having photos developed directly from the card. The photo shop that I work with (Weiss Market and a local photo shop) both print the photos from a CD. Fortunately I also have a CD burner so I download my photos to my hard drive (keeping them neatly organized in folders) and then burn the ones I want printed to CD. It normally costs $0.35 per print but they turn out great! It makes it great to give "copies" to family as well... I just burn them their own CD and if they want to have the prints they can do it themselves! I only have the 8meg card that came with my camera and a 64meg card that we purchased. We may get another before our trip. Hope this helps!!

25 more days till we depart!!!! WOO-HOO !!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter