Disney and Universal Rides bad for neck injury

lindas

Earning My Ears
My 12 year old friend has a strained neck from a gymnastics accident. She's wearing a collar, but doctor advised staying clear of any rides with severe motion. Is there a list I can get of those rides so we don't waste time waiting in lines? Thank you.

I posted on your thread on the Theme Parks Board too, but added a little here.
At Disney parks, the rides that have any warnings or restrictions are marked with a red triangle warning icon on the park maps. They also have a sign at the place where you would enter the line, at various places in line and before boarding, so you shuld be able to find those rides fairly easily.
Here's a list from the park maps:
MK
Splash Mountain -it's not bumpy, so she might be able to go on it. There are several drops, so that's why there are warnings. The ride is generally pretty smooth though.
Big Thunder Mountain RR
Space Mountain
Tomorrowland Indy Speedway (the problem there is that you frequently get bumped by other cars that come up too fast behind you which would not be good for her neck)
There is no warning for Haunted Mansion, but some people with neck problems find it uncomfortable during a prt while your "doom buggy" is going backward down a hill and the neck is against the hard plastic car back. This would be a possible comfort problem, rather than a ride to absolutely avoid.

Epcot
Body Wars
Mission Space
Test Track
Some people find it uncomfortable on Spaceship Earth when the car travels backwards down an incline, but the ride itself is very smooth.

Studio
Rock N Roller Coaster
Tower of Terror
Star Tours

AK
Primeval Whirl
Dinosaur
Kali River Rapids - actually not bumpy really, but I think the drops are the problem and it could be bumpy as just land from your drop
Kilimanjaro Safari (this is a bumpy ride on roads that are themed to be "dirt" roads in a wilderness area)

Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter