Disney and universal tickets aug 23 Cali

Ah OK , yep assumed that for Disney ..but if you buy tickets from a seperate vendor? Assume as said tickets come with a ref number that the alternate vendor will provide me to then link with a new ticket less account I'll.need create with Disney .

Thanks
On the Disneyland website, August 20 would cost $159. August 21 and 22 would cost $104/day. With Genie +, that's $129/day. Two days with Genie + (bought as two individual tickets) would be $258. If you buy a two day ticket for August 21 and 22, with Genie +, it costs $335.

I don't go through third parties. However, if you went through Undercover Tourist, you would pay $329. That is a savings of $8 compared to buying a two day pass through Disney, but $71 more than buying two one day tickets through Disney. Undercover Tourist's one day pass is $107.12 which is more than Disney's $104.

On the Disneyland website, August 20 would cost $159. August 21 and 22 would cost $104/day. With Genie +, that's $129/day. Two days with Genie + (bought as two individual tickets) would be $258. If you buy a two day ticket for August 21 and 22, with Genie +, it costs $335.

I don't go through third parties. However, if you went through Undercover Tourist, you would pay $329. That is a savings of $8 compared to buying a two day pass through Disney, but $71 more than buying two one day tickets through Disney.
Thankyou so much for that ...so the benchmark numbers direct from dinsey and universal are as follows.

So for 2 days with Genie via Disney
Disney
Aug 20th - $159 +25$
Aug 21st - $104 +25$
$313.00
Universal -
Aug 22nd -$134 (cheapest I coukd find )

Thanks again.

Universal -
Aug 22nd -$134 (cheapest I coukd find )
It looks like Universal on Aug 22 is $124.

Something to consider.
Universal (8/20) $139 + Disney (8/21-22) $258 = $397
Disney (8/20) $184 + Disney (5/21) $129 + Universal (8/22) $124 = $437

Have you considered doing Universal first? I always suggest that as I find the park to be “less than” Disney and feel underwhelmed there compared to Disney.

Also, Sunday 8/20 is CHOC Walk in the Park at Disney. The parks open one hour later than usual to accommodate the charity walk and many walkers go to the parks after the walk. It’s a very popular and busy day in the parks, just FYI.

Ah thanks to those last two posts ..Great info ! Will look at universal first then makes total sense financially and time wise.

That's great all appreciate .

And is it easy to get ubers back and forward from nearby hotels ..do you just pick up from the main gate ?
If you are talking about Ubers to Disneyland from harbor hotels yes it’s pretty easy too get Ubers and to walk to many hotels.

Thanks is the only way across town uber /lyft ?

Around Anaheim and Buena Park there’s Anaheim Regional Transportation. They run fixed routes in addition to an on demand service that links designated stops. The fixed routes are for typical service to hotels. They also operate the free shuttle to/from the Toy Story Lot. The on demand service can bridge little used stops where they previously had infrequent service.

It’s possible to get from Disneyland to Universal solely on LA Metro bus and subway service. But it can be an adventure. Fares are cheap though. One way is $1.75 up to two hours, but $5 all day. There are cash fares, but most use an interagency fare card (the TAP Card). LA Metro just eliminated all prepaid passes in favor of a “fare capping” system that automatically stops taking value at designated caps, which are $5 per day or $18 per week.

No ditching the car in LA was the plan..finally hoped on someone else driving ie uber .and yes airport after a couple of spare days days was the idea ? Unsure atm what to do with those days as of yet ie crash on beach or nice hotel or go sightseeing .

This makes me think you have more flexibility in your dates, yes? If so I would suggest starting with universal, staying nearby, then taking a “rest day” where you can do some sightseeing and make your way to Anaheim (via rideshare or rental car) for 2 days of Disneyland. That way you are not wasting time in transit for limited park days.

So it could look like:
Aug 20 - universal (stay nearby)
Aug 21 - travel day to Anaheim. Do Griffith observatory and check out the Hollywood sign on the way, or Santa Monica pier, etc.
Aug 22 - Disneyland/DCA
Aug 23 - Disneyland/DCA

Then if you have more time after there are some lovely beaches in orange county.

Also, since you are coming from the UK take into consideration your jet lag. Not sure if you have allotted a day to acclimate upon arrival, etc. things to think about. Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter