Disney at Easter

capegirl

DIS Veteran
Hi!

Have been to Disney a few times but never at Easter.
I know we will be facing crowds, how bad will it be?
Also, do they still have the Easter parade?

The crowd is AWFUL. I would never go easter week again. Nope. No way. Uh-uh.

They do have an Easter parade and THAT IS THE WORST as well.

Nightmare. Whew. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

We were there at Easter last year. It was very crowded but we still had a great time. We actually had time to do everything we wanted to do (DD 4 DS 8). We rode all the rides we wanted to except SM & BTM. We actually saw more characters (13!) without a character meal! my parents live in Tavares, FL and said they saw on the news where Disney actually closed the gates for 2 hours because of the crowd. We had a great time. We used Fastpass for Space Moutain and Buzz Lightyear. I think the longest line we waited in was 1 hour 40 minutes (Peter Pan). If thats the only time you can go, do it!!!! We had a great time!!!

Easter - extremely crowded:eek:

However, we have gone the last 3 years & will go again this Easter. We focus on the things we can do & not what we can't. We have AP's, which makes it much more enjoyable.

Remember that the parks are open very late. :bounce: We enjoy relaxing at the pool & going to parks in the evening, but we go for 2 weeks.

If you are there for a shorter stay & want to accomplish a lot get to the parks before opening, take an afternoon break & go back in the evening. It will still be crowded but the crowds will be lighter during that time. Getting to a water park before opening is a must if you want to get in - let alone get a chair.

I know they closed the MK parking lot last year at one point, I'm not sure about the actual park.

Avoid MK (actually probably all parks) on Easter Monday. What a nightmare. :eek: :eek:

Like a previous poster said, it is very crowded, but we always have fun & enjoy the time we have there. :p

How bout the week just before Easter? We'll be there April 12-19/03 leaving on the Saturday of Easter weekend. Also wondering about weather, and availability for PS's for then. I was very, very organized for our August trip last year with PS's, but my hubby doesn't seem to want to be that scheduled this time (not me:) ) but I'm not so sure. TIA

The 2 weeks right around Easter are the busiest I have ever seen it. It does seem to get busier the 2nd week, if you can imagine that.

Anyway, yes, it is busy the week before Easter, but the weather has always been awesome. Great for doing pool days & going to water parks. :D :D

I hope it's just as nice this April. :jester:

I went last year the week before Easter and I'm going this year from 4/12 - 4/17.

The lines were pretty long at MK. We waited 1 hr 15 min for Thunder Mountain. We utilized the fastpass several times so we would wait on a long line for 1 ride but then walk right to the front of the line for the next one.

The weather was absolutely great!!! Shorts and tee shirts for all. We did need a light jacket at night though.

I didn't do any PS last year but I will try for tonys town square and cindys next month. Wish me luck!

Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Cara.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter