Disney Band+ will be available to guests sailing on the Disney Magic in October.

The Disney + band is absolutely useless. All it does is open your door. You have to take it off and hand it to cm to buy stuff (might as well hand over a card). What was the point of making it bigger and clunkier— doesn’t do anything the other band didn’t do. So annoying how it has to be charged— and with a special charger. Good luck keeping track of that weird contraption. INSANELY expensive. Don’t hand over $30 + to Disney for this piece of junk: if they gave it away free I wouldn’t use it.

We used it on the fantasy for an 8 night, only sometimes we had to take it off for purchases. It was far easier than carrying the card around ( I don't always have pockets and find lanyard annoying). It is also easy then for the pictures since didn't have to dig the card out. We only charged twice, you only need to really charge it for the lights on it, everything else works. Plus we use them in the parks so all good.

I saw in this day-1 review video that you can get some tickets for 79$. I find the review fair and balanced.

Thanks for posting. We're taking Brightline for our Panama Canal cruise. Since it's not a closed-loop cruise, it was either rent an SUV/van or take the train, and the train was easier/cheaper. Especially with a carseat. You get a discount with 4+ tickets.

Sorry to bump up a thread this old, but is anyone else that is sailing on the Magic having trouble ordering bands? The link doesn't seem to work anymore. The FB group for our specific cruise is full of people all having the same problem. Looks as though the only people who got it to work are those that booked the very first day they were available.

We linked the one MB+ we have to our son's account, and that still shows up, but we can't get to the cruise site to purchased any new ones. I'm sure we could purchased from the disney shop directly, but then we couldn't get the exclusive cruise ones. Does anyone know what is happening?

Sorry to bump up a thread this old, but is anyone else that is sailing on the Magic having trouble ordering bands? The link doesn't seem to work anymore. The FB group for our specific cruise is full of people all having the same problem. Looks as though the only people who got it to work are those that booked the very first day they were available.

We linked the one MB+ we have to our son's account, and that still shows up, but we can't get to the cruise site to purchased any new ones. I'm sure we could purchased from the disney shop directly, but then we couldn't get the exclusive cruise ones. Does anyone know what is happening?
When is your sail date? You are not able to purchase a Disney Band Plus until 45 days prior to your sailing. It was actually a few days after my 45-day mark before I could purchase one.

When is your sail date? You are not able to purchase a Disney Band Plus until 45 days prior to your sailing. It was actually a few days after my 45-day mark before I could purchase one.
Sail date is Nov. 18th. Got the email the night of the 45 mark. Was able to see the selection then, but wasn't ready to make my purchase yet. Wanted to see what was available directly at Disneyland and on the regular Disney shop. Now I can't get back in to see the DCL exclusive bands.

Sail date is Nov. 18th. Got the email the night of the 45 mark. Was able to see the selection then, but wasn't ready to make my purchase yet. Wanted to see what was available directly at Disneyland and on the regular Disney shop. Now I can't get back in to see the DCL exclusive bands.
You could call Disney Cruise Line guest services and possibly they would have a solution.

You could call Disney Cruise Line guest services and possibly they would have a solution.
Multiple people from our sailing date have called, and reps can't figure anything out. The only possible response some are given is that they 'went too far' into the process of looking at the bands. Surpassingly if you put them in your cart, get all the way to the check out screen, but don't follow through, then it can glitch and not allow you to see them anymore. Doesn't seem correct, as myself and many others never made it past the screen where we view the magic bands.

Really I'm just wanting to see if the issue is exclusive to our sailing date, or if other people sailing on the Magic are running into this issue as well.

Multiple people from our sailing date have called, and reps can't figure anything out. The only possible response some are given is that they 'went too far' into the process of looking at the bands. Surpassingly if you put them in your cart, get all the way to the check out screen, but don't follow through, then it can glitch and not allow you to see them anymore. Doesn't seem correct, as myself and many others never made it past the screen where we view the magic bands.

Really I'm just wanting to see if the issue is exclusive to our sailing date, or if other people sailing on the Magic are running into this issue as well.
Disney's IT at its best!

Disney's IT at its best!
Haha right!?! I found a MagicBand+ off eBay I'd like to get, but now I'm worried they are delaying the whole launch on the Disney Magic ship. Not going to spend $50 to find out I can't use it.

And before the comments come in, it's our family's first disney cruise, and we've got a 4-year-old with us. Anything I can do to keeps hands free for even the smallest of tasks is worth it, haha.

I've talked to IT twice in the past few weeks and was told that there is a system-wide MB problem that they are aware of and working on. I was seeing my three pre-arrival Magicband purchase opportunities (2 resort stays and one AP renewal) on MDE but now it only shows one opportunity for my sister and her kids (we are linked as family and friends but she manages their account). The first rep I spoke with wanted me to set up a new account for all of my Disney related sites, he would move everything, and MAYBE that would work....what could go wrong? I respectfully declined (while muffling a snort of disbelief).

I've talked to IT twice in the past few weeks and was told that there is a system-wide MB problem that they are aware of and working on. I was seeing my three pre-arrival Magicband purchase opportunities (2 resort stays and one AP renewal) on MDE but now it only shows one opportunity for my sister and her kids (we are linked as family and friends but she manages their account). The first rep I spoke with wanted me to set up a new account for all of my Disney related sites, he would move everything, and MAYBE that would work....what could go wrong? I respectfully declined (while muffling a snort of disbelief).
HAHA! Wow...that's.....one option.

Okay, great, glad to know it's not just our cruise. I mean, sorry you are dealing with issues, but since it's so system-wide, hopefully that means a fix is coming. Seems like it's an issue with the system seeing who is eligible to purchase them. Since I was able to link the one MagicBand+ I already have to my son's account, that is showing up. But not showing me an option to buy directly from DCL. Not in any rush, worst case I will just buy the additional 2 bands I need on my upcoming DL trip in a few weeks.

Figure it'll get resolved soon, something just probably needs to untie those stuck internet tubes. ;)

Hello there. My family and I are sailing on Nov 18 on the Magic as well!! My wife, my kid and I got free Magic Band Plus from Disneyland and we will use those on the cruise. I wanted to buy one for my mother in law and the link will not work for me. I think I'm just going to go on the Disneyland website and buy the one on sale (that is the one Disneyland was giving for free) for my mother in law. It is only $16.98 right now on Sale.

I am not on the Magic (I'm on the Fantasy), but I too am having issues. I could see the MB selection, never went to the point of putting any in my cart but I could click through. Then I did our online check in, and the link stopped working. I did all the troubleshooting they recommended, no dice.

Finally called, was on the phone with them for an hour and they couldn't resolve. Apparently the issue is that mom mom has two email addresses (one she uses for Disney+ and another she uses for the cruise) and they couldn't 'merge' the accounts. My parents didn't even want DB+s, just me, but because they are on the sailing it messed up everything. DCL told me my mom would have to call Disney+ to change the email addresses, then I could call DCL back to merge the accounts to purchase a DB+.

Here's the kicker: the Disney+ account is in my name/under my email. We can't find that my mom's email is tied anywhere to the Disney+ account. They do have Hulu, so I'm guessing somehow her email address from Hulu got 'bundled' to Disney+. So stupid (and annoying).

I really enjoy the bands and use them whenever I go places where I do not want to have my phone on me. For example, I use my Magic Band at Aulani for my room key and for charges. Yes, I do have to remove my band for charges, but that is more convenient for me than carrying my key card in my board shorts. When I spend time in the water with my kids, the band is all I need.

Also, my kid can use her band to go in and out of the kids club on our next cruise. We got our Magic Band Plus bands for free at Disneyland for being Magic Key passholders. I agree with you about the charging. I like the previous model that does not require charging.
At Aulani, though, the regular old MagicBands work just fine, unlike on the ship. And, you don't need to charge those and they are less "clunky".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter