Disney Bus Drivers are the BEST!

JoshAndEvsMom

DIS Veteran
I have two great stories about the Disney Bus Drivers from our last trip:

1. As we were walking to catch our bus mid-day, my DS4 tripped and skinned his knee. We were helping him up when the driver got out to help! He picked DS off the ground and stayed on his level to ask if he was ok. Then he got out a tissue to wipe of DS tears and gave him some Disney Bus Trading cards. He completely distracted DS with bus and disney trivia until we were all set with my younger DD, stroller, packages, etc. We were the only ones waiting for the bus at that time but the driver seemed like the sort of guy who would have done the same thing even if the bus was full.

2. On that same bus ride I left my nice, dslr camera on the bus! It was HOURS later that I realized that I had left it and I figured it was gone for good. I was just sick to my stomach thinking I had lost such a expensive camera, not to mention all our vacation memories! In a shot in the dark, my mom asked a totally different drive where they might take something like a camera if it was left on a bus. To which he replied "Are you L.P.?" I was floored! Then he told me that they had my camera at the drivers station outside Epcot. To this day I have no idea how they knew my name as my camera had nothing to identify me, no tag or anything; just really observant bus drivers!!

Thanks WDW bus drivers!!

What a fantastic story. Looks like two bad events were changed to good events because of a caring bus driver. I hope the rest of your vacation went well.

Well said they are the best. I had a very nice experience with all the drivers on my honeymoon. At one point it was late and all of WDW was very slow (first week in December). After leaving downtown disney, and being the only ones on the bus, the driver called his supervisor for permission to bypass the next stop and take us directly to port orleans. I guess the checked to see if anyone was waiting at the next stop and gave the okay. I though, what a nice thing to do for us.

Thank you for sharing 1) to recognize them and 2) it gave me a good idea. I am going to take a photo of my contact info and leave it as the first picture on my camera. This way if someone finds the camera hopefully they will look at the pics and find the one with a picture of my cell # and other contact info.

I agree the Drivers in Disney can help with the magical moments in Disney. A few years back we were trying to get to our early morning reservations at 1900 and were waiting for a bus a Downtown Disney. The bus driver picked us up changed his sign to VIP and took us straight to the Grand Floridian. He also let our daughters sit in his seat and pretend to drive (for pictures) when we got there. I only wish we had gotten his name so I could have sent a thank you note.:littleangel:

We were on a bus from Typhoon Lagoon to Pop Century earlier this month. There was a young family in the back with us right next to the steps up to the rear seating. They must have been at Downtown before our pick up. Anyway, the little girl was about 3 and they had a younger child in mom's arms. The little girl was wiped out and seriously needed a nap. She wouldn't sit still and dad took his eyes off her for less than a second and she fell on the stairs, banged her chin, and probably bit her tongue. Parents got her calmed down, but they were also ready for naps.

When we stopped at Pop, the bus driver came back to check on the little girl, gave her a band-aid and a little, sparkly ring. He said he had to make sure the princess was okay. Boy, was she okay. Mom had already gotten off the bus with little sibling, but dad was so relieved.

DD16 and I thanked the bus driver for a great trip and for making that little girl's day. It kind of made our day, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter