Disney Career Start Program

Hey there, I'm a junior in high school, and I was wondering if someone could give me a bit more information about this program. I've ALWAYS loved Disney, the environment and everything, and I'm set on doing this program, but I'm also curious to how this works with college. Could you go to college while being in CS, and then after CS go to CP? Or would there not be enough time to do that? I'd also like to know how reliable it is that you can advance in the company whenever you finish the programs. I know that you can get an internship, but I've also heard how hard that is. I'm willing to work as hard as possible, and working for Disney is an absolute dream of mine, but I'm also worried about having to put off my future in college for it if it's not likely to stay in a stable job with disney. Thanks for the help! :)

Hey, so I'm new here too =] I am waiting for my time to apply for the Career Start program here in January. I am so excited, but kind of freaking out. Is there anything I need to know about going into applying for the program? I really love Disney and it would be my dream to get into this program. Thanks all for the help :)

Hey everyone! I'm really interested in applying for the fall 2011 program, but the website says they are not accepting applications yet. Can anyone help me out as to when they'll start taking them. Can I just send an app without viewing the epresentation? And is anyone else looking to do the Fall 2011 program. Thanks guys!!!!!

Hey there, I'm a junior in high school, and I was wondering if someone could give me a bit more information about this program. I've ALWAYS loved Disney, the environment and everything, and I'm set on doing this program, but I'm also curious to how this works with college. Could you go to college while being in CS, and then after CS go to CP? Or would there not be enough time to do that? I'd also like to know how reliable it is that you can advance in the company whenever you finish the programs. I know that you can get an internship, but I've also heard how hard that is. I'm willing to work as hard as possible, and working for Disney is an absolute dream of mine, but I'm also worried about having to put off my future in college for it if it's not likely to stay in a stable job with disney. Thanks for the help! :)

Hello, I am glad your interested in the career start program!! The program is designed for student right out of highschool, up to 48 months after you graduate. So this program does not work with college. You would have to apply for the college program! You can though, do this program, go to college for a semester, then apply for the college program. From what I heard, you can go full time or part time after your program, if you have a good record while there. But i say if you want to do college after you do the careerstart, go then apply for the college program. I hope I helped, if you have any question feel free to ask.

Hey, so I'm new here too =] I am waiting for my time to apply for the Career Start program here in January. I am so excited, but kind of freaking out. Is there anything I need to know about going into applying for the program? I really love Disney and it would be my dream to get into this program. Thanks all for the help :)

Hello!! Good Luck on applying, you will do great. The apply part is the easiest I think. First take your time on filling everything out, rushing through it you could forgett stuff. Also I sent in a letter of recommendation, so you can if you want to. It only makes you look better. For the web interview, take your time to read each question then pick your answers. Sometime they through in questions you have already been asked just to see if your paying attention. Also if it says something like. You are a hard worker. then you have to pick from 0-5. Choose 5. Its a lot better when you choose the highest or the lowest one.. IF you have any questions feel free to ask, ive applied twice now, so i know a lot.

Hey everyone! I'm really interested in applying for the fall 2011 program, but the website says they are not accepting applications yet. Can anyone help me out as to when they'll start taking them. Can I just send an app without viewing the epresentation? And is anyone else looking to do the Fall 2011 program. Thanks guys!!!!!

Feb. they will start taking applications. and no, you must watch the e-pres in order to apply!! plus it has a lot of useful information in it!! Good Luck, with everything. Also if you have question just ask!!

I'm waiting to apply for Fall too =] we called in and a man said to check like Jan. 15th. I keep checking the site a couple times a day. What area are you looking into? I'm getting nervous and excited ahh =]

Thank you for the help =] I know more questions will come up, so I'll be sure to ask a way. Is the program hard to get into? I keep checking the site everyday to see when they open up because I want to be in like the first batch of people to apply haha. I'm getting really nervous =/

Hello, I'm new here and am thinking about the CareerStart Program. I was wondering if my lack of job experience would hinder my chances of getting in. I've heard that the College Program limits roles available. Is this the same for CareerStart? I want to do attractions, so would I be able to do so?

Hello, I'm new here and am thinking about the CareerStart Program. I was wondering if my lack of job experience would hinder my chances of getting in. I've heard that the College Program limits roles available. Is this the same for CareerStart? I want to do attractions, so would I be able to do so?

CareerStart does have attraction roles available and lack of experience wont hurt you, as a matter of fact CareerStart was my first job ever! Hope that helps.

Career start definitely has attraction roles it even says it on the website and from what i hear it all really depends on how your interviews go.

called the career start office today and was told they were not recruiting for the fall of 2011. I have a heart broken girl....this was her dream. Does anyone know why they are not offering the program for the fall???

No clue but tell your daughter its just a bump in the road they will offer the CS again or she can start college and join us all for the CP Spring 2012 group. It's all going to work out for her! :)

called the career start office today and was told they were not recruiting for the fall of 2011. I have a heart broken girl....this was her dream. Does anyone know why they are not offering the program for the fall???

The website says they recruit for their Fall program between September and November. They must have meant they aren't recruiting for it now.

The name is David! I am thinking of applying for the 2011 program starting in August. I am rather confused on the entire application process. On the app. it says I need a "short response form"..where can I find this form? Do I even need it?

Also, is the interview hard or tricky??

If there is anyone who has done the career start program, DO you have any advice for me??

Thanks alot!

The name is David! I am thinking of applying for the 2011 program starting in August. I am rather confused on the entire application process. On the app. it says I need a "short response form"..where can I find this form? Do I even need it?

If there is anyone who has done the career start program, DO you have any advice for me??

Thanks alot!

Are they accepting applications now?

Hmm I think I'll call myself and hear what they have to say.

Please do by all means if you hear them saying they are going to accept applications for fall come and let us know because I wanted to apply!

Thanks alot!

The interview is not tricky and most of the info on the website is out of date. There is no short response form and you don't need a letter of recommendation anymore.

Are they accepting applications now?

Just checked as of right now that's still a big no.:sad1:

All I got when I talked to the nice girl on the phone is the head of the program isn't letting career start program people apply, and she has no idea why, also keep cheeking and maybe they will be accepting for next spring.
I hope they start accepting applicants before I can't do it anymore, I have been set on this for awhile. Well on the bright side I won't have to miss Dragon con or GMX after all. Not a bad bright side, but still not happy about having to wait longer. :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter