Disney Catalog Trip Offer in "error"

mom2boys

<font color=blue>Horseshoe Mesa - 3 miles, 31 swit
I have been call the number in the Disney Catalog ad for the 100 Years of Magic Celebration since Sunday. The ad says: 4nights/3days at ASSp or ASMu; UMPs Commemorative Disney Trading Pin for $288 per person*
*Rate is per person, based on 2 adults and 2 juniors (ages 10-17) staying in one room. The price per person is an average price based on the total package price divided by four. Offer is subject to availablility....subject to change...other Disney Resorts at varying rates...
I have been trying to figure the total cost for my family of 2 adults & 2 children (ages 6 & 7). On Sunday I was told two different things by two different CMs. The first told it wasn't in the system yet so she couldn't give me any info. The second said there was a problem with the system & it wasn't allowing you to book. Today the CM told me there was an error in the ad & that "they" are trying to figure it out. CMs are taking names & telephone numbers and will call me back with the particulars once "they" get it straightened out.
Does anyone have any info on this? Has anyone succussfuly booked this package?

I'm wondering why you are even trying to book this package since it's more expensive than booking 3 nights at the All Stars and 4 UMPS. Adult UMPs are $209 (plus tax) and Child UMPs are $167 (plus tax) for a total of $752 (plus tax) for a total of $797 with tax. If you adjust the $288 to subtract the $42 difference between a child and a "junior" you get a total of $1068 (sound familiar?). That leaves about $90 per night for your room. If you can book the current $59 special (code available on Mousesavers) then your AS room comes out to $67 per night.

So, it'll cost you $997 for the same 4 days and 3 nights.

Let me clarify. I called for information on the package. When I plan a trip to WDW, I will spend days calling to make sure I get the best rate at the level of resort we have decided upon. Since the catalog is in error, I was curious as to what the error was and what the actual child's rate is.
I agree that based upon the rates as they appear in the catalog, it is cheaper to book separately - which I will probably end up doing. I just like to check all of my options. As is recommended on this board, I will continue to call & check various rates from now until we leave. Last year there were packages that included MVMCP & CP. According to CRO those have not been released for this year yet. I will check on those too. I just like to do my homework before spending a small fortune on a trip to WDW.

Hi mom2boys!

The package that included either tickets to MVMCP & dinner or the Candlelight Processional Dinner Package was called Magical Holidays. Disney has announced they will not offer this package this year. Just wanted to let you know.

I think the error would be in the 4nights/3days part of the offer? If you are spending 4 nights, you would have considerably more than a 3 day stay. (If that's what the ad stated):)

YIKES! That 4night/3day thing was my error. I missed typed it. The ad does say 4days/3nights. Still haven't heard from Disney on this.

Robin - Hope I didn't sound like I was attacking you. I do appreciate your input - that's why I post instead of just lurking - to get everyone's input. I am still surprised that an erroneous ad would get all the way to print. I imagine that these things are proofed numerous times before they go to press. I am really anxious to hear what they have to say when the call. I really hope I'm home so I can talk to CM instead of them just leaving a message.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter