Disney Club Membership...Is it worth the price???

mom2jamie

Mouseketeer
I am contemplating getting a membership and was wondering if it was worth the $40 it would cost me.
Could anyone give me some idea on some of the discounts that it offers. Park Hopper passes and value
resorts in the peak season. Cheerleading competition going on in Wide World Of Sports February 22,23,24, 2002
Those are the dates I would need to be using the discounts. Thanks

The membership won't help much with the room cost. During peak season, the Disney Club does not offer discounts at the value resorts. You would save approximately 5% on the price of the passes. This is all based on this year's policy. I don't think it will change next year, but with Disney, you never know.

I used to get a TWO year Magic Kingdom card for nearly the same price and it gave discounts at the sit down restaurants at WDW. You WILL get the magazine by buying the card, but that is about all - UNLESS you go to Disneyland. The new card seems very slanted towards Disneyland.

I got the DC through my company for $29.95. I think sometimes they put it on sale to get people to enroll. It paid for itself after a few trips to the Disney Store getting 10% off! Not to mention the discounts to get on passes and hotels.

RAC :)

I've found it to be well worth - and I even like the design of the card as well. It has saved us hundreds, and will be saving us probably at least another $50 or so on this next trip without room discount (used mousesavers for that). I highly recommend it.

:bounce: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :bounce:

I would check the rates offered through your cheerleading group first.
We went last year for my dd's gymnastics competition. The group rates
they gave for hotel and passes were better than anything I could find
on my own.

I don't think I'll be renewing mine -- since I travel in the off season there are other room discounts available. There are other places to buy discounted tickets also -- that actually have better discounts -- such as Florida Orlando Tickets. Actually, that is what makes me really mad, Disney doesn't even offer the *best* discounts to it's own Disney Club members. Right now Disney has offered AAA discounts for 2002 reservations but they haven't opened the Disney Club discounts yet -- why don't they take care of their own Club members first? I don't shop at the Disney store very often, but if you did I think you could easily recover your membership fee.

I think next year I'll just stick with the AAA card. That offers discounts on hotels wherever I travel, as well as the road service and discount insurance programs. I know that you can get a discount on AAA membership using your Disney Card, but again that discount is widely available. I heard on the radio this weekend that you can get a Chicago area AAA discount just by calling and telling them you are a Chicago Bears fan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter