Disney Cruise Brides!!! Part Deux!!

There's not a whole lot of activity on this page ever since Ginger, Judy, and I all had our weddings/vow renewal! :sad:

Are there any lurkers or prospective brides out there who have questions about DCL weddings? I know that I felt a little lost at the beginning! Within a week of learning about DCL weddings, my DH and I booked it and I don't know what I would've done without the guidance of the brides on this page!! Are there any brides-to-be who want to share their planning experiences? Any crafty brides have DIY projects they want to share?

Lets see if we can get some dialogue going :chat:

Maybe it is just a quiet time :confused3

I keep looking, but I have no questions so I can't dialog ;)

I still have 5 months & 4 days but my dress is purchased and most crafts are already finished. This is probably the calm before the storm.

Maybe it is just a quiet time :confused3

I keep looking, but I have no questions so I can't dialog ;)

Haha, well you keep us posted if you think of any questions ;)

I still have 5 months & 4 days but my dress is purchased and most crafts are already finished. This is probably the calm before the storm.

There's definitely a period between booking and submitting your planning guide to DCL that's really slow... I know I had a few months where I felt like I was doing NOTHING productive! Of course, I took on a bazillion craft projects, so that wound up biting me in the booty when it came down to the final couple months! What crafts did you accomplish? And what does your dress look like??

Sorry, I'm being so nosey! I just loved my DCL wedding (although I'm SO glad it's over!) and I want to live vicariously through the brides-to-be! :rotfl: You both replied quickly!!! At least we know that there's still traffic on this page... along with the tumbleweeds!!!

Unfortunately the only pics I have of my dress are the day I found it and my hair was a mess. My mom and grandma both of pics on their phones from the day I ordered it but neither are very tech savvy.
B4B40440-D3E4-4FEC-80E6-FA1FF8CA7FBA-33590-000015254B2E7316.jpg

7535B87C-2344-48AC-BEFF-A5E4350EE150-33590-0000152547D54344.jpg

I have a lapis sash instead of the blue and I have a small veil.
I made my Mrs. Simpson hanger, welcome bags and bear necessities buckets. I also made magnets for each guest with the assistance of some of the extremely talented disigners on here. I designed tshirts for us to wear on our disneymoon but still need to print them. I also started passport invites but can't complete them until I get all the final details at 45 days out. We had our engagement photos made, I really wanted to capture fall in our photos.
531118_632968300778_38259059_n.jpg

182061_632968555268_2124685832_n.jpg

483075_632968440498_1336666197_n.jpg

Just a couple of pics from our VR. We didn't have may pics, just got a few key shots. Side note: I didn't realize I had lost some more weight before the VR. I had picked up the dress 2 weeks prior and it fit perfectly. Day of, dress zipped too easily and not as form fitting.

VR3.jpg

VR2.jpg

VR1.jpg

Sorry for the large images.
Will be back soon with a brief summary.

Judy and dclwonder, both of your pictures look great.

I guess on the bright side to lose weight and not gain it ;) Can't wait to hear how it all went.

There's not a whole lot of activity on this page ever since Ginger, Judy, and I all had our weddings/vow renewal! :sad:

Are there any lurkers or prospective brides out there who have questions about DCL weddings? I know that I felt a little lost at the beginning! Within a week of learning about DCL weddings, my DH and I booked it and I don't know what I would've done without the guidance of the brides on this page!! Are there any brides-to-be who want to share their planning experiences? Any crafty brides have DIY projects they want to share?

Lets see if we can get some dialogue going :chat:

I'm still lurking. I sent out my invites FINALLY:cheer2: (Pictures are on my PJ) and I am suppose to be getting my dress on Monday. I ordered it from one of those discount dress sites that ships from China, so I am super super nervous about it. We havent done engagement pictures or anything yet...I am still 247 days away from wedding day!:cool1:

just a couple of pics from our vr. We didn't have may pics, just got a few key shots. Side note: I didn't realize i had lost some more weight before the vr. I had picked up the dress 2 weeks prior and it fit perfectly. Day of, dress zipped too easily and not as form fitting.

vr3.jpg

vr2.jpg

vr1.jpg

sorry for the large images.

fivepin - these pictures are lovely, do you have any more i could look at to get some ideas, you got the smallest package didnt you, i think we are going to get that one plus the disc, what were the photographers like, did you tell them any particular places or poses that you wanted or did they just tell you where to go and what to do,
any info about the photography would be a great help as we are geting married on the disney dream in may, thanks again,

All the pictures on here are so great, and it seems as if everybody had a relatively smooth planning process with Disney! We are just under a year away from our wedding and I keep trying to think of questions for the wedding planner, but I find the answers within one day of searching on the disboards. :rotfl2:

Although, I do have some information that may be useful to future brides. I have been talking to Meredith about my problem with the wedding cakes. I am celiac, and therefore am not really as excited as others towards the cake. I asked if they had gluten-free substitutes, but then figured no one else will want to enjoy a gluten-free cake. They are much blander, and less moist than flour cakes.

Meredith did say that I can have a small little dessert made for me and that I can request which one. I have sailed gluten free on many previous cruises and was happy to hear this, because they have some amazing gluten-free desserts.

Not sure if this helps, but it is new information. :D

I had also had this conversation with Meredith bc my stepmom has to have gluten-free. I was very pleased that they are willing to bring her a dessert.

They have a gluten free chocolate lava cake (missing the lava though), and it is really great! I think I posted a picture of it on my PJ, if not, I will post it later today. I have a bunch of pictures from the last cruise of my gluten-free desserts so I could document them and store them for future use. I find it a lot easier to bring a picture and say "i want this one" then trying to explain the custardy one with fruit.

A friend of mine has some health issues and has to avoid certain foods. She loves going to Disney because they are some helpful when it comes to that.

I am extremely pleased they were able to help out with my allergies(gluten, tomato, lemon, and orange). I can do Disneyland fine, but seven days on a ship worried me! Every morning, the head server - for us it was Paulo on the Wonder - would find me at breakfast and make it his personal goal to see what they could make me. I even got gluten free, strawberry donuts one morning! I was in heaven!

At one point, two of my friends asked me to order the gluten-free dessert for them because it was so good! LOL.

Side Note: I did get around to posting the pictures of the desserts I got on my PJ! Link is in signature! :)

Just a couple of pics from our VR. We didn't have may pics, just got a few key shots. Side note: I didn't realize I had lost some more weight before the VR. I had picked up the dress 2 weeks prior and it fit perfectly. Day of, dress zipped too easily and not as form fitting.

VR3.jpg

VR2.jpg

VR1.jpg

Sorry for the large images.

Love your pictures. DH and I will renew our vows in July on the Dream. I love the shirts on your husband and sons. Could you tell me where you bought them? I am wearing a gown and granddaughter will be wearing a fancy party dress but would like hubby and grandson to dress casual.

Been lurking for a few months but now that we are under a year out, I figured I should start posting :)

My fiancé and I are booked for our Castaway Cay wedding in November of 2013!

Question: Since the wedding on the beach is not a legal ceremony, would our officiant have to be ordained?

Love your pictures. DH and I will renew our vows in July on the Dream. I love the shirts on your husband and sons. Could you tell me where you bought them? I am wearing a gown and granddaughter will be wearing a fancy party dress but would like hubby and grandson to dress casual.
Thank you..
I got the boys' shirts at Old Navy.com. They were on sale for under $10 at the time. In the description it says guayabera. So I thought the bottom of the shirts would be just that type, but when I received them they were regular shirt tails so had to alter them to make it all even. My husbands I had gotten in Hawaii on The Disney cruise back in May. Tommy Bahamas has some nice shirts as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter