Disney Cruise Line Swap - Interest Thread

Michelle - am I missing the gallery photos from last summer's Cruise Swap? I see the other swaps from around that time on the Gallery thread, but not the cruise one. Z2H and I really had fun with that one last year (one of our first swaps!), but I wanted to look over the groups, etc. again to see what had already been done...

There's no slideshow, but a lot of pictures are on this thread.

Thanks Jennifer for finding that thread. I guess the pictures didn't make it to the gallery? :confused3

Rita - I only said there were a small number of swappers!! :rotfl: The number of groups seems to grow each year! I love it! :love:

Great ideas for the letter groups!

Loving all of the suggestions so far!

Jennifer - I am right there with you...need to stay away...but....;)

I have 2 cruises not yet scrapped and another coming up in January. Have LOVED the items I have received in previous swaps - so definitely interested in this swap.

What about Flying Dutchman or even just Dutchman in the letter groups? And...Relax in both letters and elements? Fun in the Sun? Made in the Shade? Paradise? Just some thoughts...thinking beach...sand...nice cocktail...back to reality...ughhhh!!!

What about Flying Dutchman or even just Dutchman in the letter groups? And...Relax in both letters and elements? Fun in the Sun? Made in the Shade? Paradise? Just some thoughts...thinking beach...sand...nice cocktail...back to reality...ughhhh!!!

Last year a lot of those phrases were used in the color groups and they looked great. It would make a good elements group too tho to pick a phrase.

My mom is in on this swap too.

OK, based on what I'm seeing for suggestions and what we've done in the past, the groups will look something like this:

Altered Letters 2"
Group 1: MAGIC

Group 2: WONDER

Group 3: DREAM

Group 4: CASTAWAY CAY

Group 5: DISNEY CRUISE

Group 6: PIRATES

Group 7: CHARACTERS

2 Elements
Group A: Disney Magic

Group B: Disney Wonder

Group C: Disney Dream

Group D: General DCL

Group E: Castaway Cay

Group F: Restaurants / Food

Group G: Characters

Group H: Pirates

Group I: Colors (beach, nautical, Disney, etc.)

The individual ship groups will include things that are exclusive to that particular ship, whether it's a restaurant, adult area, show, port, etc. The general DCL group(s) will be for things that are found on all of the ships - stateroom, sailaway, terminal, Palo, lifeboat drill, etc.

Signups will be on Friday, probably around 2 (I forgot I had somewhere to go at 1 :upsidedow ). Due date will be July 30.

Please let me know of any other groups or ideas you might like. I might have missed something in the discussion.

So glad to see so many of you DCL swappers returning, and welcome to all DCL swap newbies! :cloud9: I love this swap every year, always such a talented group!!

Looks great!

How big are the groups going to be, do you think? I have my list all set - no one better want tickets tomorrow at 2, that's all I have to say! :lmao: It's between boats though, so it should be good.

I'll probably have groups of 5 for the elements, but if there isn't enough interest to open a second group, in the past we've just squeezed 1 or 2 more in. I'm flexible! The altered letter groups are obviously pretty set in terms of numbers. I'll open as many groups for everything as there is interest.

I think I'm going to have to join this one. I have 2 cruises that are still only partially scrapped, and I have 2 more planned ones! :)

Are you starting a new thread for sign-ups or just going on this one? 2:00?? I feel like my brain is fried this week!!! Can't keep things in order! Too many baseball games and practices! Both boys were in two places at once several times! Know what that means??!! Mom has to do a lot of running!! Ahhhh!!

How did I almost miss this? What time is it there? Its 1130 here.
I dont think I had even noticed the 2pm!
ZTH has a list! I had better start thinking!:scared1:

Hey ZTH, I saw a Focus (car) with the letters ZTW" but from the distance it looked like H and I automatically thought of you!:)

I think it is 2:35 now on the east coast, so Michelle must be delayed. I keep waiting for her light by her username to go green. :lmao: Not yet, though.

I can be your buddy - let me know what you want...

What is a mom for, anyway?

Wow, I am excited for this, and we have more people!!! I need to be packing but oh well (Trying to fit a months worth of clothes in one bag). I know Michelle said she had something to do at 1 so it must of run over.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter