disney cruise line

dthomas

Earning My Ears
We will be cruising on the wonder in August. Can anyone tell me what are the best pins to purchase and where to get them? Also can anyone tell me about the cards you collect on the cruise? Thanks for your help.

We're leaving tomorrow for Orlando for the Thursday Cruise, so better answer quick or I'll miss it :) :) :)

Try to get the "Who Wants to Be a Mouseketter-Contestant or Panelist" pin. Six peope for the panel are picked by the host, so look very enthusiastic. I almost was picked, but I was the second lady in red in his line of site. Close, but not close enough. To become a contestant, the computer choses people at random by seat number. Everyone on stage gets a pin. On eBay, they sell over $100, but I'd keep it if I were you.

Other pins, are the ones exclusive to the DCL. Personally, I like the Starry Nights, Steamboat Willie, Bahamas Night Stamp, Bahamas Day Stamp, and any pin on Castaway Cay since some times the ship can't dock.

Have fun cruising!
Tina

The "Who Wants to Be a Mousketeer" Panelist and contestant pins are only available on the Magic 7 day cruise. They don't have that activity on the Wonder. This according to a CM on the Wonder when I cruised in April. :(

Okay, here is one that I can definitely answer since I just got back.

Yes, the Who Wants to be a Mouseketeer is only on the 7 day Magic Cruise.

As for other pins, some are only available on Castaway Cay, and some are both on the ship and at Castaway Cay. Cruise line pins are like any other--buy what you like. Some will trade well and some won't. I bought a few extras and traded out a couple of them. Others that I thought would trade well haven't met their interested party yet!!! :rolleyes:

As for the trading cards--well they are still doing those. CMs have the cards available at different events (including meals). The cards are given out to the children, but we found that sometimes you had to ask. We are missing about 4 cards from the set I believe.

It is my understanding that they are doing away with the free trading cards in the near future. They are going to sell them in packs as they do in the parks. They will then have some available for trading (sort of like the pins). I'm not sure when that will start though. They have pin trading in the main lobby usually every night on the Wonder. Check your daily event log for the exact information on that one.

Have a great time!!!

Sue Ellen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter