Disney Cruise Pin Trading

millerglass

Mouseketeer
I had this posted in the Disney Cruise section and was told that it might be a better idea to post it in the Collectors Board. We will be sailing on the "Wonder", leaving port on 11/25/01. My oldest DD (12) just started collecting disney pins. Does anyone have any info on how the pin trading works on board ship? I've seen a few little points about it but nothing too specific. About all I have picked up, is that you see these CMs walking around with a vest on and you ask them if they will trade one of their pins for one of yours. There's gotta be more to it then that. Any info? Thanks Eric

You will have a great time! We started pin collecting on the Magic last fall.

The CMs in the store will have on lanyards and there will be guests on deck with the lanyards too. Check the schedule you get for every day. There will be pin meets in the evening. On one of the nights (only one night) they will be trading for a pin that is exclusive to the Wonder. You can not buy it, only trade for it. It's important to get a few of those.

When buying pins, concentrate on the cruise line exclusives. You can only buy them on the ship. They trade really well. One of the best traders is starry night (it's a really nice pin with a mickey head slihouette and a 3D ship).

Also, ask at the gift shop which pins are best. Sometimes they have discontinued pins behind the counter.

I hope this helps. Have a great time!

We were on the Magic in February. The pin trading they announce on the Cruise Ship is actually pin buying.

We found our best trading was with Cast Members who were taking the cruise and actually Cast Members working on the cruise ship.

I took all my pins, but we mostly looked at other peoples pins. We did not trade alot.

I am cruising again November 10 on the Magic for 7 days. I am looking forward to getting the new cruise line pins.

Have a Magical Time.

Darlene

Mickey7811@aol.com

I cruised on the Wonder in April and then it was the same as what Darlene said. The Pin Meets were where you could buy pins. One night the "Feature Pin" was the Starry Night pin but they didn't have any. The CM said they hadn't had them for months and the newsletter is printed up months ahead of time. I traded with a CM for one.

Be sure to go to the store on Castaway Cay on your way OFF the Island. Look for the Castaway Cay Airplane pin.
This is the only place this pin was sold. Every other pin was sold on the ship including the Ship Stamp pin. I checked the store on our way by as soon as we got off the ship and they didn't have them out. When I checked again on the way off the island, there they were. :bounce:

You will find CM's with lanyards all over the ship.......plus I found 2 Cast Member pins on a lanyard on a CM in the cruise terminal. So be on the lookout everywhere.

The two biggest CM pin traders on the ship are Sasha & Neil. Sasha is usually at all the Pin Meets. Neil is usually in the Oceaneers Lab and works with Children. They have a book where you can looks for pins to trade with them as well as trading for what is on their lanyards. They are both wonderful.

As a matter of fact if you see them.......please tell them that "Kathie from Rhode Island said Hi and to e-mail her because she has the pins you wanted". :D

Thanks.....and have a wonderful time.
I know you will.

Good to hear all this info. We are booking a trip for next year.
This year is full going to WDW.

So I will only take a page or two with me.

Thanks!! Most of all...enjoy yourself.

You are going to find that your kids don't even want to be with you. We were "kidless" (our "kids" are 23 & 20) on this trip and with 2 other couples. There were 600 kids on our cruise (we asked) and we hardly saw any of them. They were having too much fun elsewhere. :) I did go to the Oceaneers Club one night just to see it and when the parents came to pick up the kids all I heard was, "Awwww, do we HAFTO go now????" LOL almost every kid and every parent!!! Oh..........and that was at mignight!!!

Enjoy!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter