Disney Decorations

PoohBWV

<font color=green>Moderator<br><font color=red>Pro
What do you all use to bring Disney into the home for the holidays? I have a Disney centrepiece which is a Mickey and Minnie dressed up as Bob and Mrs. Cratchett (sp) under a streetlight that holds a tea candle. Each year I take it in to the florist and have them put greens and a few red flowers in it. It's really cute. Have a few Disney ornaments on the tree as well. Anyone else?

We have a Mickey Mouse tree topper. It is made out of cloth and is kind of like a hand puppet.

We also have some small Disney ornaments.

Hey PoohBWV, I live in Chatham too. :wave2:

OMG! Another Dis'er in Chatham...it can't be true!

I have a Mickey tree topper. The one where he is holding a latern and swinging it back and forth.
Two years a go I bought Mickey's house at DD, last year I bought Goofy's house and in Oct. DH surprised me with Chip and Dale's tree house. Now I have my own Disney Christmas village.(Next trip Minnies house)
We also have lots of tree ornaments that we pick up every year.
A Winnie the pooh and gang advent calender.
DS has Winnie the pooh stocking.
Safe to say lots of Disney for the holidays.

that we made last year...soon as I know how to post pics - which means:
a) find the scanner (no digital camera yet)
2) figure out how to work the scanner
c) post to here

I will share!!;)

I am a work of wonder in progress!!;) LOL:sunny:

Do you know how hard it is to find Mickey/Disney stuff at Christmasttime? There's quite a bit of Pooh out there, but I'm more of a mouse girl. I tried to Mickeyfy my house this year, so far I have: a Mickey head wreath on the front door (made with wreaths & lights), various window stick-ons, several ornaments on the tree of course, a battery-operated Mickey (2' tall), several small plushies that are Santa Mickey/Minnies, a larger stuffed Santa Mickey (75% off after last Xmas!) and I stuck a Santa hat on my stuffed Stitch. These are placed around the living room. Mickey stocking holder for my daughter. Small Disney hand towels for the washroom. Couldn't find anything else but I'm on the lookout!

I have a smaller christmas tree that is completely disney with tinkerbell on top. I got some of the ornaments from the parks and the disney store but the majority came from hallmark (I have a small hallmark ornament obession). I have a Winnie the Pooh stocking holder and stocking, some minature fingurines of winnie the pooh in christmas clothes, with my christmas books on the table I have some that are the normal chirstmas stories but with disney characters in them, some window stickers and a christmas minnie mouse that plays christmas music and moves. I also put a bunch of different disney christmas bean bags on the steps (mostly the winnie the pooh ones from the last couple of years but some mickey's too). I have some full size winnie the pooh christmas stuffies that sit in the entry way with my mickey mouse nutcracker stuffie and I used Winnie the pooh christmas cards this year (got to love boxing day). I plan on wearing my tigger ice skating pj's for christmas morning and wrapped some gifts in christmas paper. I plan on displaying my disney christmas pins somehow for the holidays but am not sure how yet (their just in an album in the closest), this year the holidays seem to be coming to fast.

hockey mom where did you get the winnie the pooh advent calender?

I got the advent calander at the Christmas store in DD. I think the majority of my Christmas decorations have come from that store, except the Mickey tree topper that was bought at White Rose.

We get ornaments at the Christmas store at DTD every trip and also out at Belz at the charater warehouse so we now have about 10 or so on the tree plus our singing christmas Mickey and Minnie. We have Disney stockings for the kids and Lisa usually uses window marers to draw some sort of Disney christmas theme on the front windows of the house. We also have a santa mickey antenna topper for the car.

If anyone told me I would be sticking Disney or Mickey ornaments on my tree/in my house a year ago I would have thought they were crazy & that I would be divorced for sure.

This year my DH & I have a small Christmas tree light cover with 100 Years Magic Sorceror's Hat. I smile EVERY time I look at it -- it glows. And on Christmas morning this year my children will find that there are some surprise new Mickey ear-ed jingle balls in a different colour for each of them AND a monorail ornament on their tree. Can't wait.
The jingle balls were purchased in Christmas shop while waiting for Share A Dream Come True Parade to start. And the rest were purchased at great discount at Belz Outlet this January.

I also have a new stocking to unveil for myself this year -- The Grinch (we did go to see Grinchmas)-- thank you again Belz outlet.

I am SO excited about it all. We are planning to extend the value of our Grand Vacation last year by doing a bit of Disney memories this Christmas break. Looking at all our photos, listening to the park music, opening our new free Planning Video, playing Mickey Racing Tour...

Each year I buy a gold Mickey ball that can be filled with a gift or pot pourri or something. I fill it with pot pourri and it makes the room smell Christmassy. People who think I'm nuts about Disney :confused: always comment on what nice tree decorations they are. ;) I find them Disney "ish" but not too "obvious".

I have a Mickey Mouse tree ornament dressed in a Santa suit that I've had for years and when we were down for New Year's 2002 I bought the Christmas ball. I'll have to look for those gold Mickey balls when I'm down in March, Susan, I like things like that. I go into the Christmas Store at Disney every trip but I always have such a hard time deciding what to buy so end up with nothing! :eek: (at least Christmas related ;) )

Good Morning Everyone,

As I sit here at work on my last day before we are finished until January 5th, wearing my Minnie Santa hat I started to laugh when I read this thread.

Here goes, It's all from memory because I am after all busy at work.

My DS has a Mickey Santa Hat and my DH has a Goofy Santa Hat which we all wear on Christmas morning. My 2 year old daughter has to wait until her head grows a bit. Perhaps she can wear her first haircut mouse ears that she got in September.

We also have one of the fiber optic 3 foot Disney trees that the florist shop sells. I truly love it and am glad that we bought it. Of course under it are many different Christmas beanies. Lots of Mickey's, Minnies etc. Our tree is covered in my friends. Our stockings are Mickey, Minnie, and Pooh. We have a wreath in the shape of a Mickey head. We have Pooh light set, Mickey hanging ornament set and tons of other stuff.

For the past 10 years we always went to Florida the first two weeks of February. The Christmas stuff is really marked down by that time and so I can't resist buying more stuff. Fortunately I have three sisters and so sometimes the stuff I get ends up in their stockings or under their trees at Christmas time.

Glad to see there are other people out there just like me.

Have a very Merry Christmas!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter