Disney Dining??

KCMiller

DIS Veteran
Hi,

I can't seem to find any really good descriptions of what the Disney Dining packages are like - price comparisons, personal experiences, and the like. Any and all information about these plans would be very helpful!

Thanks,

KC :earsgirl:

This is probably the best thread on the subject:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=747953

IMO, its looks great if you REALLY like the idea of pre-paying as much as possible, but my math looks like you actually lose a couple of bucks even if you use everything for the maximum value. (The big ??? in the equation was the breakfast in the park...I budgeted $5-$8 for this but I may be off.)

Yeah, I saw that thread, but there's lots I don't understand (maybe I'm just thickheaded):

>>>>>>>>oº Donald's 3 Days of Disney Dining Plan
*** Adult/Junior $81, Child $61 ***
Eight Disney Dining Choices per person:
* 1 Character Breakfast, 1 Breakfast in the Park, 3 Snack Vouchers ($5 Value), Adult/Junior Meal Vouchers 2 $10 value / 1 $15 value, Child Meal Vouchers 1 $5 value / 2 $10 value<<<<<

What the heck are vouchers? Can you use them at any restaurant? Are they just like handing you a $10 or something? And how does 8 meals translate into 3 days of dining? And can you really get a meal at DL for $10? This looks to me like two breakfasts, one decent sized dinner at a DL restaurant and 3 snacks - or maybe I'm missing something? And do you have to be at a DL resort to buy these?

SO confused. And the official Disneyland official site is no help at all with this.

KC :earsgirl:

From what I understand, you can use them at any DL/DCA restaurant. (I don't think this applies to Downtown Disney shops but I may be wrong.)

Yes, the vouchers are just like 'gift certificates'. You can either buy something like an $8 burger platter and use a $10 certificate. (Losing $2 on the deal) Or you can combine vouchers...say you spend $57.99 at the Blue Bayou, you can use $50 worth of vouchers and make up the remainder in cash - getting full value from the vouchers.

The '3' days is something of a misnomer. I guess they're figuring on people going 'over the wall' once in awhile...or would have kittens if they knew what 3 solid days of average american eating in the parks would >really< cost. :earseek:

Frankly, after adding things up, I beleive it would be better the invest the cost in Disney Dollars (We have a local 'The Disney Store' to make it easy to purchase DD.) and use them instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter