Disney discounted room only offer on UK-Expedia; ended 31 March.

Can someone verify for me this information: I'm afraid I'll lose out on this price for AK. If I book now can I cancel and rebook if a promo code comes out? I'm on edge here thinking the price can go up at any moment. I have a Discover card so no foreign transaction fees involved. I'd love to save an extra 10%... I for sure thought another promo code would have been released in the last week and a half but no such luck.

Can someone verify for me this information: I'm afraid I'll lose out on this price for AK. If I book now can I cancel and rebook if a promo code comes out? I'm on edge here thinking the price can go up at any moment. I have a Discover card so no foreign transaction fees involved. I'd love to save an extra 10%... I for sure thought another promo code would have been released in the last week and a half but no such luck.
Yes, you can cancel and rebook any time as long as you are not within 5 days of your first night. I've done this several times over the last 2 years to either get a better price or add more nights. I've always re-booked first and waited to get my Disney confirmation number before canceling my first reservation, though. And I've waited up to 3 weeks to cancel a ressie while waiting for the exchange rate to be favorable so I didn't lose too much money.

Here's a reminder that there's possibly only another 10-days before the UK Expedia room-only offer ends.

Hopefully there will be a similar offer next year so for future reference I thought it would be worth noting the difference between booking a room early in the offer compared to booking near the end of the offer.

On 20th December I posted the following:-
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Standard Room Club Level
3 Nights: Fri, Oct 9 - Mon, Oct 12
Expedia UK: £557.94 (Approx. $872) which saved $1,166 (57%) on rack rate.

The same room if booked today at 17.00 EST would be £598.47, so an increase of 7.25% and using the currency rate on 20th December that would be $935, so an extra $63.

But since then the US Dollar has strengthen against the British Pound and therefore at today's exchange rate £598.47 equates to $884, that's only $12 more than booking back in December so still saving 56% on rack rate.

And here's another example that was posted on 13th January.

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort Preferred View over Presidents Weekend for a 3-night stay.
Check-in: Fri, May 22 - Check-out: Mon, May 25
Expedia UK: £336.66 (Approx $511) which saved $449 so 46% on rack rate.

The same room if booked this morning at 11.00 EST was £398.82 but by 17.00 EST it had increased again to £407.88 and at today's rate that's $602 so an extra $91 compared to booking back on 13th January.

Therefore, even though the dollar has strengthen it does show that booking early this years offer was the way to go.

And for those still looking for a weekend or holiday room-only rate for later this year then there's still a few reasonable discounts to be found.

Looks like the resorts have been pulled from Expedia UK. I can only see Swan and Dolphin this morning. I have a room booked for Nov that I was going to price upgrading. :/

Glitch or something more permanent?

Looks like the resorts have been pulled from Expedia UK. I can only see Swan and Dolphin this morning. I have a room booked for Nov that I was going to price upgrading. :/

Oh no - I feel like crying right now! I didn't book yet because I was waiting for a new credit card in the mail. Ugh I feel sick... all the Disney hotels say Sold Out.

Aww man that stinks!

I know! Originally I was waiting for a promo code but I said to heck with it I'll just book as soon as the new credit card comes in the mail (approved last Friday so any day now). I didn't want to book with another because I wanted this purchase to go towards the sign up bonus. Wonder what the next best deal will be? Disney's discount paid for with discounted gift cards? My trip is November 6th-11th...

My cousin's uncle (whom I know very well) works for Disney and is able/willing to get a hefty discount - I just hate asking. Decisions decisions.

Well, I guess I can stop stalking the website to see it the room rates drop. o_O

The US site shows most Disney Resort rooms as sold out, as well.

Same thing happened on Orbitz this morning so I'm going to say there is something wonky going on with Disney Resort bookings on these types of sites. The CSR rep I spoke to said that bookings were down and that they'd be up again (he booked some guests at DR just yesterday). He couldn't say how long it would take.

That would be WONDERFUL!

Edit to add that I just checked Orbitz and there were no problems with rooms available. It's just Expedia UK.

Last edited:
Some of the rooms are back up but prices seem to have dramatically increased (still lower than other sites but I'm pretty sure they're higher). AKL isn't on there. Hoping it too shows back up- and not too much of an increase in price.

Checked a few dates and seems to be okay now, had the same problem last year - check out from #478.
For a few hours the Disney Resorts will show as no availability but are then gradually reloaded and sometimes at a different (higher) price.

So looking at yesterdays post #904.
On 20th December I posted the following:-
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Standard Room Club Level
3 Nights: Fri, Oct 9 - Mon, Oct 12
Expedia UK: £557.94 (Approx. $872) which saved $1,166 (57%) on rack rate.

The same room if booked yesterday was £598.47 ($884), whereas today it's £605.91 and at todays exchange rate that's $908 so a further increase but still a 55% saving on rack rate.

Last edited:
Prices went down! AKL for my dates went from £676 to £661. I want to wait for my new credit card to earn the points but it hasn't showed up- I'm getting nervous! :scared:

I don't think there are any current discount codes but when one (hopefully) comes out where do you put it? I've never booked through Expedia or Expedia UK before.

Booked with the Disney Visa discount directly through Disney but only rooms available at the resort we want is club level. Now I'm kicking myself for not booking on Expedia UK a few months ago when the rates were good and the room category I wanted was available.

Another example this time for 7-nights over 4th of July at either Disney's All-Star Music or All-Star Sport Resort in a standard room for up to 2 adults and 2 children.
Check-in: Sunday 28th June -
Check-out: Sunday 5th July
$1,126.61 on US Disney.
£561.12 or $840 on UK Expedia so saving about $286 on Disney's current rate, which is 25%.

http://www.expedia.co.uk/Hotel-Sear...egionId=6034120&hotelName=disney's&sort=price

Last edited:
So I went ahead and booked it without waiting for my new card. I'll get to the $3000 threshold that I need for the 40,000 points but I'd rather have done it sooner rather than later. Oh well. I used my Discover card so no Foreign Transaction Fee (I let them know ahead of time). It all went on without a hitch. It ended up being LESS than what I thought it would be. The currency converter that I used said that £1303.80 would be $1949.44 but my Discover statement says $1926.70. I paid for my parent's room as well(they'll be paying me back!) since they don't have a No Foreign Transaction Fee card. I'm excited to stay at AKL!

It ended up being LESS than what I thought it would be. The currency converter that I used said that £1303.80 would be $1949.44 but my Discover statement says $1926.70. I paid for my parent's room as well(they'll be paying me back!) since they don't have a No Foreign Transaction Fee card. I'm excited to stay at AKL!

Luckily your credit card was using Fridays exchange rate of $1.4777 = £1.00 whereas the currency converter was using the weekend rate of $1.4952. Enjoy the rest of your AKL planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter