Disney doesn't want my money?!?!

The difference is that the free dining promotion is tied to the room and is for the people who are staying in it. OP is trying to add people who will not be staying in the room to the reservation just to get them free dining. Again, no judgement, but I can see why Disney would balk. She says she “needs” them to all get free dining but they also all “want to spread out.” I can see why Disney might think she was trying to have her cake and eat it too.

Consider that Disney is willing to offer free dining for value resorts in part because they know four adults are not likely to want to squeeze into one value room.

She said she was confused and wanted an explanation for why Disney didn’t want to make this easy for her, so I gave her one. I’m sure she’ll be able to make it work, but I’m also sure that Disney’s position is that if she wanted a second room with free dining, she should have booked it when it was offered. Free dining is a limited time offer for a limited number of rooms for a reason, and the promotion ended months ago.

Again, I’ve done this exact same thing before, but let’s not pretend that getting people free dining by claiming they’re staying in a room where they aren’t isn’t outside the intention of the promotion.

I feel like every time I see a thread with a title like “Doesn’t Disney want my money?!?!” it’s someone trying to bend the rules of whatever promotions there and then getting upset that they’re getting pushback from Disney. It’s totally fine to push the limits, that’s your right as a consumer, but I could do without the feigned bafflement each time. Like, you know why Disney is telling you that the people who are going to be staying in another room can’t also be “staying” in your room at the same time. They know what you’re trying to do. They’re not idiots.

Recognize when you’re trying to game the system and own that. Not only will you be happier, your interactions with cast members will probably be more productive if they don’t feel like you’re insulting their intelligence.

No, the promotion is for the people listed on the resort reservation. There is nothing in WDW's terms and conditions that requires anyone listed on the reservation to ever step foot in the room.

WDW allows up to 4 adults in a Pop room with an extra adult fee added. Plenty of families of 4 adults stay at Pop, which has two queen beds.

I find it odd that you are up in arms that the OP wants to do this when you've done the exact thing . . . ?

When I called to link the ressies together, and add the 3 names of other for free dining, they said no one person can be listed on 2 rooms at the same time.

Call back to get another CM. or
Use a middle name or an initial. or
Tell them that it's simply a second person with that name, though that means the person will end up with a one-off DME identity.

I can see why Disney might think she was trying to have her cake and eat it too.

She is paying for both cakes LOL. If she cancels the other room and they all stay together, they are now paying LESS than what they are trying to pay. They aren't getting away with anything that isn't allowed. The CM was wrong.
I realize you don't like my answer (that appears to be a re-occurring theme :tigger:)

Little hint: don't pay attention to who you're talking to here. It makes life a lot easier and calmer, rather than noticing who you have problems with or who might have a problem with you.

It makes no difference to Disney, or to anyone else, if the bodies of the registered guests on the room are physically in the room or not. There's no physical presence requirement on the free dining promotion or even the room reservation.

Yep.
I feel like years ago they made everyone show their faces for FD checkin, but that is no longer a thing.

LOL! I mean.. the 4 of us are all getting free dining no matter what. Fair and square. They want to fill all the rooms.. I helped them fill another room! HAHA!
Just to be clear - among the four of you, you are paying:
  • Rack rate for two rooms
  • Additional adult rate times two for the original room
  • Upgraded price from QSDP to DDP, times FOUR
  • Five (?) day tickets times four
And Disney gave you a hard time. Interesting.

To bumbershoot's comment about not needing everyone present: while Disney still reserves thatright, it was in response to the Free Dining Ghost Guest issue. With (even long before) the ticket changes in the last few years, probably nobody is listing nonexistent guests on their reservations to get extra dining credits

I have had more than one room in my name on so many occasions - for a variety of reasons. Mainly because my sil and sister aren't planners but want to vacation together with us so I book the rooms and then we figure out the rest at check in.

I would just keep calling back to add the 4th person until I found a CM that understands how to do this.

I’ve had luck before asking if I can add a room for my party and apply the promotion. I think it’s a long shot, but you could try and see if they would add a room for you under the promotion even though it has passed. I think I would put all of you on one reservation and cancel the room only, then call and say you all have talked about spreading out and want to see if you can extend the offer across 2 rooms. They may say no, but they may say yes. I’ve had this happen twice for me, and i’ve gotten a no twice. I try and ask really nicely, explain that I know it may not be possible, and ask them if there is any way to help me.

I mentioned this on page 1 but it got lost. Yes, you can definitely have one guest listed on multiple rooms. However , WDW does have an issue with this when it comes to Free Dining. They have for years. Why, I have no idea. But many guests have been denied.

I mentioned this on page 1 but it got lost. Yes, you can definitely have one guest listed on multiple rooms. However , WDW does have an issue with this when it comes to Free Dining. They have for years. Why, I have no idea. But many guests have been denied.
What if they did as I mentioned, if there are rooms
Cancel the room only, book all 4 together
Then book the 2nd room, via MDE.
While calling on the phone may not work, I do not think MDE will stop it

What if they did as I mentioned, if there are rooms
Cancel the room only, book all 4 together
Then book the 2nd room, via MDE.
While calling on the phone may not work, I do not think MDE will stop it

That would work. It's when going through a phone CM that they won't do it.

I'm wondering if it creates technical issues when one person books two free dining rooms, or has two separate reservations with free dining under their name. In that case, would the person get two sets of free dining credits? I've never considered the scenario, but I would guess it has to do more with logistics or technical issues (which Disney is known for) rather than whether its allowed or permissible.

I'm wondering if it creates technical issues when one person books two free dining rooms, or has two separate reservations with free dining under their name. In that case, would the person get two sets of free dining credits? I've never considered the scenario, but I would guess it has to do more with logistics or technical issues (which Disney is known for) rather than whether its allowed or permissible.

I think that there was a time when Disney did not book two room with the same lead guest. It had nothing to do with FD, but with the occupants. I had tried once and needed to put DD on the second room. The CM's on the phone still don't do it. Online is different. I don't think their technology can catch that.

I think that there was a time when Disney did not book two room with the same lead guest. It had nothing to do with FD, but with the occupants. I had tried once and needed to put DD on the second room. The CM's on the phone still don't do it. Online is different. I don't think their technology can catch that.

When Free Dining is not involved, CMs have no issues with booking one person on 2 reservations. Even as the lead.

When Free Dining is not involved, CMs have no issues with booking one person on 2 reservations. Even as the lead.

They would not for me. This was just under 2 years ago. I booked two rooms at the Beach Club, rack rate and needed to put my DD as lead on one room

You can have 2 ressies in the system but the phone CMs won't allow it. OP, you would just call to add the people to the free dining ressie first, then once off the phone make the 2nd ressie with the same people. It will work fine that way.

How does Disney know someone is booked in two rooms?
Well, when you add Felicia Wehadababyitsaboy and Iphegenia Micellerwater to your own promotional reservation, then make a room reservation for the same hotel and dates for Felicia Wehadababyitsaboy and Iphegenia Micellerwater. - they know ;)

Yep.
I feel like years ago they made everyone show their faces for FD checkin, but that is no longer a thing.

To bumbershoot's comment about not needing everyone present: while Disney still reserves thatright, it was in response to the Free Dining Ghost Guest issue. With (even long before) the ticket changes in the last few years, probably nobody is listing nonexistent guests on their reservations to get extra dining credits
Ah yes, the phantom guest discussions of yore https://www.disboards.com/threads/everyone-present-to-check-in.1143644/#post-13134847.
Some day some one should write a book about guests’ creative interpretations of WDW rules trying to squeeze every penny/advantage out of their stays through the years and Disney’s closing of said loopholes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter