Disney Food Pictures...Part V!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jlane5000, you ordered what I want to order in November:

Homecoming: Deviled eggs and fried chicken with mac & cheese. How was the deviled eggs?

Jungle Canteen: What are the names of the dishes? They look so good.

Yak and Yati: Malaysian Seafood curry. How was this? Is it spicy? Can we make it spicy?

Tiffins: Wasn't planning on going here but saw the octopus appetizer and had to make lunch reservation.

Need to drop either Morimoto or Homecoming Kitchen... so maybe choices, so little time! LOL! Think might drop Morimoto... Homecoming looks amazing too...

We didn't get a chance to head to Morimoto but Homecoming was awesome, just prepare for HUGE portions! I had to shovel half my catfish over to my boyfriend to finish off :rotfl: although most of my focus was on the mac and cheese which was amazing!

@Jlane5000, you ordered what I want to order in November:

Homecoming: Deviled eggs and fried chicken with mac & cheese. How was the deviled eggs?

Jungle Canteen: What are the names of the dishes? They look so good.

Yak and Yati: Malaysian Seafood curry. How was this? Is it spicy? Can we make it spicy?

Tiffins: Wasn't planning on going here but saw the octopus appetizer and had to make lunch reservation.

Homecoming: I've never had deviled eggs before so don't know how they compare to most, but we LOVED them! They were my favourite thing about the meal besides the mac and cheese. Didn't rate the hush puppies much at all.

Jungle canteen: We really enjoyed the meal. It was really really tasty! The appetiser was the falafel, my boyfriend had the Char Shiu Pork and basically licked his plate clean and I did the same with the Head-on Shrimp.

Yak and Yeti: The seafood curry was wonderful! I asked for it extra spicy and it definitely packed a punch. If I went back i would struggle to order anything other than this along with the tuna nachos to start!

Tiffins: One of the best meals of the holiday! We went for lunch and were't expecting much but it was beautiful. We were going to share the soup but overheard another table discussing how they had returned just to get the octopus again so we decided it was a must and it lived up to what we overheard :thumbsup2

@Jlane5000, thank you so much. My son and I both love deviled eggs so maybe we'll share deviled eggs and chicken and mac and cheese. You substituted mash potato with mac & cheese? I wanted to go here so bad but dropped it few times because I have too many places I wanted to try but had to squeeze back into my schedule and now I'm glad I did.

I have to remember to order extra spicy for seafood curry.

It looks like you ordered regular meals instead of "Taste of Tiffins"? This restaurant also was my last minute add on after hearing so much about it. Can't wait to try them all!

Need to drop either Morimoto or Homecoming Kitchen... so maybe choices, so little time! LOL! Think might drop Morimoto... Homecoming looks amazing too...

OR you could get apps at both places and call it a meal. Morimoto is too good to drop!

fmRvoP7l.jpg

Morimoto Smash

clPvHe5l.jpg

Beijing Bourbon Tea

hQ44ASql.jpg

Tonkotsu Ramen

KJtaiGDl.jpg

Morimoto Spare Ribs - INSANELY GOOD

NskvbGEl.jpg

Mostly eaten Spicy Tuna Roll... whoops. Too good to wait for the photo!

8ez0tWvl.jpg

Chicken Dumplings - blah

@pepperandchips That would be great to do and food looks good... like an app crawl... But unfortunately, a little difficult with a 2 year old. :rotfl2:Maybe next time ;) Those restaurants are definitely on my list for next time!

Frontera (the best meal of the holiday)
below is coctel rojo and guacamole with chips (verde)
View attachment 198865

Shrimp Mojo de Ajo
View attachment 198867

Shrimp Enchiladas Suizas (i still dream of this)
View attachment 198866

Yak and Yeti
Tuna nachos (<3)
View attachment 198871

Malaysian Seafood Curry
View attachment 198870

Wantons
View attachment 198869

Tiffins

bread before the meal
View attachment 198883

octopus (incredible)
View attachment 198882

Lobster popcorn soup
View attachment 198881

Grilled head-on prawns
View attachment 198880
how was the seafood curry at Y&Y?

Homecoming: I've never had deviled eggs before so don't know how they compare to most, but we LOVED them! They were my favourite thing about the meal besides the mac and cheese. Didn't rate the hush puppies much at all.

Jungle canteen: We really enjoyed the meal. It was really really tasty! The appetiser was the falafel, my boyfriend had the Char Shiu Pork and basically licked his plate clean and I did the same with the Head-on Shrimp.

Yak and Yeti: The seafood curry was wonderful! I asked for it extra spicy and it definitely packed a punch. If I went back i would struggle to order anything other than this along with the tuna nachos to start!

Tiffins: One of the best meals of the holiday! We went for lunch and were't expecting much but it was beautiful. We were going to share the soup but overheard another table discussing how they had returned just to get the octopus again so we decided it was a must and it lived up to what we overheard :thumbsup2
I saw you answered my quesiton too lol. That was on my list of things to order from them and your pic makes it look lovely. it does look a bit more orange than other pics i've seen, maybe that is the extra chile or whatever they used.

Yak & Yeti Lunch

Dim Sum Basket
image.jpeg
Ahi Tuna Nachos
image.jpeg
Chocolate Pudding Cake
image.jpeg
Upside Down a Pineapple Cake
image.jpeg

Last edited:
@Jlane5000, thank you so much. My son and I both love deviled eggs so maybe we'll share deviled eggs and chicken and mac and cheese. You substituted mash potato with mac & cheese? I wanted to go here so bad but dropped it few times because I have too many places I wanted to try but had to squeeze back into my schedule and now I'm glad I did.

I have to remember to order extra spicy for seafood curry.

It looks like you ordered regular meals instead of "Taste of Tiffins"? This restaurant also was my last minute add on after hearing so much about it. Can't wait to try them all!

Yep I subbed in the mac and cheese, they are very easy going with substitutes which is nice :D

Sounds like you've got an awesome list of places you're heading to, enjoy all of the yummy food!!!

I saw you answered my quesiton too lol. That was on my list of things to order from them and your pic makes it look lovely. it does look a bit more orange than other pics i've seen, maybe that is the extra chile or whatever they used.

It was quite orange but I can't remember if it was that bright or not, it might have been the flash or indeed the extra chilli (they certainly didn't scrimp on that :woohoo:)

Boathouse at Disney Springs

Bread before the meal
IMG_4061.JPG

Hoison chili calamari
IMG_4066.JPG

Baked crab stuffed lobster
IMG_4072.jpg

Whiskey caramel cornbread cake
IMG_4073.JPG

Strawberry gin cocktail (can't remember the exact name)
IMG_4065.jpg

Nomad Lounge (best cocktails in disney IMO)

Jenn's tattoo (i'd already had a big gulp before remembering to take a pic :blush:)
IMG_9275.jpg

Hightower rocks :cloud9:
IMG_0092.JPG

Flying Fish = incredible

Tour of the coast
IMG_9938.JPG

Bison strip loin
IMG_9942.JPG

Maine lobster nero pasta
IMG_9939.jpg

Last edited:
@Jlane5000 How was your meal at Boathouse?? It's another one on my list! That lobster looks yummy!

This is probably the restaurant I was most disappointed in to be honest, but i think its because i had such high expectations because i LOVE seafood. My boyfriend rated it as one of his favs so I think I may have just chosen the wrong thing.

We shared the calamari which was wonderful! Then i was so torn with what to have as a main that I went with the waiters recommendation of the shrimp and grits and it just wasn't my kind of thing (i had a picture of it but its really blurry). It was luke warm and the grits had dried rubbery edges around the outside like it had been in the microwave a bit too long. On the other hand my boyfriend had the crab stuffed lobster and that was really really good (not that I was allowed more than a few mouthfuls :rotfl:). The desert was delicious as well!

I think the other thing that stays in my mind about the meal was also the service, which whilst great was way too rushed which spoilt it a bit. We tried to slow it down by asking for a little while to choose our desert but the waiter came back every few mins until we gave up. We had 3 courses and were in and out in 1 hour (despite our best efforts), which given the money and the fact it was meant to be a romantic evening meal (and the fact there were heaps of free tables) wasn't really what I expected. But again that is probably just bad luck. My boyfriend would still go back in heartbeat :D

This is probably the restaurant I was most disappointed in to be honest, but i think its because i had such high expectations because i LOVE seafood. My boyfriend rated it as one of his favs so I think I may have just chosen the wrong thing.

We shared the calamari which was wonderful! Then i was so torn with what to have as a main that I went with the waiters recommendation of the shrimp and grits and it just wasn't my kind of thing (i had a picture of it but its really blurry). It was luke warm and the grits had dried rubbery edges around the outside like it had been in the microwave a bit too long. On the other hand my boyfriend had the crab stuffed lobster and that was really really good (not that I was allowed more than a few mouthfuls :rotfl:). The desert was delicious as well!

I think the other thing that stays in my mind about the meal was also the service, which whilst great was way too rushed which spoilt it a bit. We tried to slow it down by asking for a little while to choose our desert but the waiter came back every few mins until we gave up. We had 3 courses and were in and out in 1 hour (despite our best efforts), which given the money and the fact it was meant to be a romantic evening meal (and the fact there were heaps of free tables) wasn't really what I expected. But again that is probably just bad luck. My boyfriend would still go back in heartbeat :D
Aww, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm a little apprehensive about going now. LOL, this is our reservation for an evening (since we have DxDP) in Disney Springs and although I do want quicker service as my two year old can only sit in a restaurant for so long, I'm hoping the food would be as excellent as some reviews I've seen... Thanks for giving me your honest review! I'm still looking forward to it but am now wondering if I should flip homecoming for dinner and this for lunch instead... Hmm...

@Jlane5000 I think I;m bothering you too much now and feel you need to do a dining review. :rotfl: Great pics on flying fish! How was the lobster pasta? :) Was this a better seafood place than the boathouse?

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm a little apprehensive about going now. LOL, this is our reservation for an evening (since we have DxDP) in Disney Springs and although I do want quicker service as my two year old can only sit in a restaurant for so long, I'm hoping the food would be as excellent as some reviews I've seen... Thanks for giving me your honest review! I'm still looking forward to it but am now wondering if I should flip homecoming for dinner and this for lunch instead... Hmm...

Aww no I would still maybe keep this one for dinner and fingers crossed you fair a bit better than I did. I was just too overwhelmed with the menu (it all sounded delicious) and I ordered the wrong thing. If you stick with the lobster you can't go wrong! And I guess service is hit and miss at most places. Don't get me wrong he was a very polite and nice lad, just hurried us a bit more than we would have liked.

@Jlane5000 I think I;m bothering you too much now and feel you need to do a dining review. :rotfl: Great pics on flying fish! How was the lobster pasta? :) Was this a better seafood place than the boathouse?

No worries at all, it's nice to reminisce on all the food now I'm on my post Disney diet The flying fish was just INCREDIBLE. The meat eaters all said it was hands down the best bit of meat they have ever eaten! And this is from steakaholics. We also went to le cellier and yatchman and apparently it beat them both hands down.

I had the lobster pasta and even though a tad pricey it was amazing. So much lobster! My mouth is watering thinking about it. I don't think I could visit Disney again and not return here! We didn't have desert because I had my heart set on ice cream from ample hills, which is also somewhere I'd highly recommend :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter