• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney+ Free Dining

Booked at Poly and saved $3000 with this free dinning offer. Didn't really understand how we saved so much since it required Park Hopper. Only thing i can think of is that it only cost a total of $95 for the park hopper on my 7 day park tickets for the 4 of us. This deal was better than the 20% to 30% I was hopping for when we booked Rack.

Booked at Poly and saved $3000 with this free dinning offer. Didn't really understand how we saved so much since it required Park Hopper. Only thing i can think of is that it only cost a total of $95 for the park hopper on my 7 day park tickets for the 4 of us. This deal was better than the 20% to 30% I was hopping for when we booked Rack.
AWESOME!!!

Just canceled my DIS+ subscription as only bought one month to access the FD offer. So far my FD booking is still showing up in MDE and it hasn't disappeared. I haven't found any info about whether you need to keep your subscription current until your trip or risk losing your booking. I have a bounceback offer anyway for close to the same travel date so have to drop one of them regardless. Will see what happens. Can't imagine WDW would boot a booking just because the DIS+ subscription wasn't renewed. However, Disney IT is a whole other beast and a technical glitch could do it. I don't care one way or the other so in a good place to take a chance.

Just canceled my DIS+ subscription as only bought one month to access the FD offer. So far my FD booking is still showing up in MDE and it hasn't disappeared. I haven't found any info about whether you need to keep your subscription current until your trip or risk losing your booking. I have a bounceback offer anyway for close to the same travel date so have to drop one of them regardless. Will see what happens. Can't imagine WDW would boot a booking just because the DIS+ subscription wasn't renewed. However, Disney IT is a whole other beast and a technical glitch could do it. I don't care one way or the other so in a good place to take a chance.
It won't disappear, however at check in there could be a problem. From what the T&C of the package are and what other bloggers have said (Tom Bricker), you need to have an active D+ account when you check in as well as when booked. That could mean signing up for just the one month you arrive. I would do that, I would not chance losing your package over less than $15. They can take it away because you are no longer a D+ subscriber, it is all linked in your MDE and Disney can tell if you are no longer subscribed. Will they? Who knows. But again, is it worth such a small amount of money to resubscribe? And yes, they would totally cancel it, what are you going to do? You are there at the hotel, are you going to leave and go elsewhere? If you don't care, well, be prepared to pay rack rate and no free dining.

Last edited:

That's good advice and thank you. I'll make a note to do that should I decide to keep the FD booking.
Definitely worth it if you plan to keep the D+ free DDP! Re-sign up a few days in advance so it has time to synch back up with your other Disney accounts. You know Disney IT....

Report back if anything changes. My adult son and wife subscribed to Disney+ just to get FD.

Ok. Good to know. I'll let him know.
Better to reactivate for the month when they are checking in (for about a $15 monthly charge) than chance it! Make sure they reactivate it at least a week in advance so it has time to process and show back up in the memberships section of MDE.

Better to reactivate for the month when they are checking in (for about a $15 monthly charge) than chance it! Make sure they reactivate it at least a week in advance so it has time to process and show back up in the memberships section of MDE.
I just texted him. I think he's going to play the safe route and keep it active until after the trip.

Even better! And he may find some good stuff to watch. I love the documentaries, I'm a huge Disney history fan!
We (his parents) have Hulu / Disney+ bundle and our kids son and his wife have access (for as long as Hulu allows this). So he's had it all along but had to create his own account to get the promotion.

Even better! And he may find some good stuff to watch. I love the documentaries, I'm a huge Disney history fan!
We are huge Disney history fans too though. My uncle has been an imagineer (parks scenic artist) since 1970. So we love hearing all of his stories from parks around the world!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter