Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never had an issue at my Kroger. Today however, I had an issue at Safeway, has anyone else had a problem purchasing a GC with a GC at Safeway?

I haven't had an problems. I bought 36 of the $50 MasterCard GC in April/May from Safeway when they were $10 off and then used some of them to buy Disney GC's. I only bought one Disney GC at a time and always ran the MC as debit using the PIN.

Hi, guys! New to this board; it seems very helpful! I had seen a "how to save 10% on your Disney vacation" post somewhere, but can't find it now. I think there was a BJ Disney gift card purchase at 5%, pay that off with Disney Visa for 2% back? ( would that be 1 or 2%??). Not sure of the other particulars. Does Mr Rebate count for gift card purchases at BJs? Site said it did not. I am sure these answers are somewhere in these 1363 pages . . . Thanks for any help!

We've been purchasing BJ's giftscards ($100 for $94.99) through the TopCashBack site. They give an additional 2% on purchases at BJ's (it does take a few weeks to process). Those combined is about a 6.9% discount. Then add the perks you get with whichever card you purchased the gift cards with......

The Marsh stores in our area have been going out of business and they announced one of them will becoming a Safeway. We don't have them in our area right now, but I'm interested in knowing do they normally have deals that offer a discount on gift cards? We have a Kroger, but even with the x4 fuel it's only a 6.5% savings for me since we only have 1 car with a 16 gallon tank.

Has anyone had luck using the Target free $5/$10 gift cards (earned due to a specific purchase in flyer) to purchase Disney GCs? The free cards say on the back not for purchase of gift cards but Target's online Terms of Service indicate you can use a Target gift card in store to purchase a gift card. I was able to use $25 worth of "free" $5 gift cards to purchase a $50 Disney GC and a few items this weekend. I just don't know if it is a fluke. If not, Target has a coupon this week for a free $5 GC with a $25 children's clothes purchase or free $10 GC with $40 children's clothes purchase. Also good deals on toiletries with free gift cards and even better when combined with the Sunday coupons and iBotta

Has anyone had luck using the Target free $5/$10 gift cards (earned due to a specific purchase in flyer) to purchase Disney GCs? The free cards say on the back not for purchase of gift cards but Target's online Terms of Service indicate you can use a Target gift card in store to purchase a gift card. I was able to use $25 worth of "free" $5 gift cards to purchase a $50 Disney GC and a few items this weekend. I just don't know if it is a fluke. If not, Target has a coupon this week for a free $5 GC with a $25 children's clothes purchase or free $10 GC with $40 children's clothes purchase. Also good deals on toiletries with free gift cards and even better when combined with the Sunday coupons and iBotta
Not for Disney, but I have purchased Olive Garden and Chipotle with them, multiple times, no problems.

You absolutely can. What you can not do is purchase a pre paid Visa/MC/AMEX with gift cards. I buy discounted Target gift cards all the time to buy Disney Gift Cards.

Chase is running a 10% total cash back using Chase Pay on Walmart . com when paying with Chase Freedom Unlimited (idk normal Freedom) promo valid on up to $250 of purchases (money comes back in UR points) for the month of Aug. Emails are also going out to all Sapphire holders.

Can I buy a WalMart gift card and then use it to purchase a 3rd party gift card in store? Does it matter if Walmart gift card is electronic or physical?

ETA to clarify the 10% is total, not in addition to the normal card earnings

Last edited:
No problems at all:thumbsup2. I save up my FWP gift cards until I hit $25 or $50 and then use them (in-store) to buy a $25/$50 Disney card. Then I add those Disney gift cards to my Disney Gift Card account and load them to one of my "vacation" cards. The way I see it, on a $25 card, each $5 FWP card saves me 20% and I'm not going to beat that on anything else I do. For the most part, I never "buy" Disney gift cards. I earn Target or Best Buy gift cards via Swagbucks, BB rewards, etc, and then use those gift cards to "buy" the Disney gift cards. Since April, I've already earned over $250 towards my goal of $1250 by next October:teeth:...and I haven't used any money out of pocket for any of them.

No problems at all:thumbsup2. I save up my FWP gift cards until I hit $25 or $50 and then use them (in-store) to buy a $25/$50 Disney card. Then I add those Disney gift cards to my Disney Gift Card account and load them to one of my "vacation" cards. The way I see it, on a $25 card, each $5 FWP card saves me 20% and I'm not going to beat that on anything else I do. For the most part, I never "buy" Disney gift cards. I earn Target or Best Buy gift cards via Swagbucks, BB rewards, etc, and then use those gift cards to "buy" the Disney gift cards. Since April, I've already earned over $250 towards my goal of $1250 by next October:teeth:...and I haven't used any money out of pocket for any of them.
Thanks for your answer and the others. I thought it was a great deal too! It is a bit of work matching up all the coupons to products in the flyer to get the best price but I love a challenge! I have not yet combined the Disney GCs and not sure if I will. We usually put them into the room's safe and take one out as needed. That way if a GC gets lost there isn't a large amount on it. But, I have learned from the seasoned posters here to keep track of the numbers of the cards if they do get lost.

Thanks for your answer and the others. I thought it was a great deal too! It is a bit of work matching up all the coupons to products in the flyer to get the best price but I love a challenge! I have not yet combined the Disney GCs and not sure if I will. We usually put them into the room's safe and take one out as needed. That way if a GC gets lost there isn't a large amount on it. But, I have learned from the seasoned posters here to keep track of the numbers of the cards if they do get lost.
If you lose one, you can add one (even an old one with a zero balance) on to the Disney gift card site and then just transfer the balance from the lost card to the one you have.

Chase is running a 10% total cash back using Chase Pay on Walmart . com when paying with Chase Freedom Unlimited (idk normal Freedom) promo valid on up to $250 of purchases (money comes back in UR points) for the month of Aug. Emails are also going out to all Sapphire holders.

Can I buy a WalMart gift card and then use it to purchase a 3rd party gift card in store? Does it matter if Walmart gift card is electronic or physical?

I just got the email. Thank you for posting! I will buy a Wal-Mart gift card and use it for Disney Gift cards at Sam's Club.

If you buy a Disney gc from Target (or anywhere) and the silver spot isn't scratched off, do you think it's pretty safe if it just sits around and collects for a year or so before it's needed? Someone else mentioned gift card hackers, so I'm nervous, now that theres not a DVA to put my gift cards in.

Hi, guys! New to this board; it seems very helpful! I had seen a "how to save 10% on your Disney vacation" post somewhere, but can't find it now. I think there was a BJ Disney gift card purchase at 5%, pay that off with Disney Visa for 2% back? ( would that be 1 or 2%??). Not sure of the other particulars. Does Mr Rebate count for gift card purchases at BJs? Site said it did not. I am sure these answers are somewhere in these 1363 pages . . . Thanks for any help!
With Mr. Rebates it says it wont work, but I've bought only gift cards 4 times and the money shows as in my account. (from April and May)

Just saying many purchased the e-gift card and they were cancelled. It's a few pages back but the physical GC were not an issue.

I just got the email. Thank you for posting! I will buy a Wal-Mart gift card and use it for Disney Gift cards at Sam's Club.

I'm not getting this at all so please bare with me, you're purchasing a Walmart Gift Card (it says Walmart on it) and then you're going into Sam's to purchase Disney GC using the Walmart GC for payment? Am I missing a step?

If you buy a Disney gc from Target (or anywhere) and the silver spot isn't scratched off, do you think it's pretty safe if it just sits around and collects for a year or so before it's needed? Someone else mentioned gift card hackers, so I'm nervous, now that theres not a DVA to put my gift cards in.

You can check the balance to see what's available over at:
https://disneygiftcard.com/

I too am paranoid of hackers so I delete my cards.

I'm not getting this at all so please bare with me, you're purchasing a Walmart Gift Card (it says Walmart on it) and then you're going into Sam's to purchase Disney GC using the Walmart GC for payment? Am I missing a step?
That is exactly what I do. You are not missing a step.

That is exactly what I do. You are not missing a step.

This is crazy fun! When did Sam's start accepting Walmart GC as payment? They must be affiliated? I was thinking people were buying Visa or Master card GC at Walmart then going into Sam's - I could see this but not the other. :idea:

Sam's Club is owned by Walmart, so walmart gift cards work at sam's club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter