Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
You all have me nervous on Target now... my Target has yet to ask me for an access code on any of my gift cards (bought my last one about three weeks ago). I'm planning to go again tomorrow to buy $100 Disney card with Target gift cards so we'll see what happens.

I used a physical card on Monday and the cashier had to scratch off the back to enter the PIN. First time ever for me. So just make sure you have a PIN/code handy just in case, the system update is definitely rolling out.

You all have me nervous on Target now... my Target has yet to ask me for an access code on any of my gift cards (bought my last one about three weeks ago). I'm planning to go again tomorrow to buy $100 Disney card with Target gift cards so we'll see what happens.
Don't be nervous. Target GC -> Disney GC still works. I print out my eGCs that I get from rewards programs and use them at the regular check out because I do not trust the app. The printouts have access codes on them. I just redeemed 4*$25 GCs for $100 in Disney GCs yesterday.

I realized I'll be able to get by my Target this afternoon during work hours (AKA hopefully not holding up a million people in line behind me), so I'm going to try to get a gift card then. I wrote down all my access numbers just in case. I hate that Target won't let you combine your gift cards anymore. I have 8 gift cards to use today- 3 $25 cards and 5 $5 cards. I'm going to keep using gift cards to make purchases as long as I'm able, and feel bad making their poor cashiers have to suffer through my transactions.

Oh well. I guess I could be one of those crazy extreme coupon people.

Neophyte here - is 10% about the best discount for Disney Gift cards?
Looks like I missed this opportunity at Target last month. Hoping to buy multiple cards prior to mid-November 2018. Does Target or another vendor offer 10% at other times of the year?
Thank you

I realized I'll be able to get by my Target this afternoon during work hours (AKA hopefully not holding up a million people in line behind me), so I'm going to try to get a gift card then. I wrote down all my access numbers just in case. I hate that Target won't let you combine your gift cards anymore. I have 8 gift cards to use today- 3 $25 cards and 5 $5 cards. I'm going to keep using gift cards to make purchases as long as I'm able, and feel bad making their poor cashiers have to suffer through my transactions.

Oh well. I guess I could be one of those crazy extreme coupon people.

Target allows you to combine GCs, go to customer service and let them know you want a physical GC. I did this yesterday.

Neophyte here - is 10% about the best discount for Disney Gift cards?
Looks like I missed this opportunity at Target last month. Hoping to buy multiple cards prior to mid-November 2018. Does Target or another vendor offer 10% at other times of the year?
Thank you

Amex deals have worked out for me for 20% - but typically smaller values. ($5 off 25 at Bed, Bath & Beyond or $10 off 50 at Office Depot.) But 10% is pretty good - as with the Target and Best Buy deals.

Target allows you to combine GCs, go to customer service and let them know you want a physical GC. I did this yesterday.

Interesting, I had heard reports of other people being told no. I wish Target would come up with some uniform policies one way or the other.

My Target would not allow it back in November. And they're usually very accommodating. I'm sure that if i were to try again, bb50 i would get a different answer. I just don't feel like standing in line with all the people making returns right now.

Interesting, I had heard reports of other people being told no. I wish Target would come up with some uniform policies one way or the other.

My Target would not allow it back in November. And they're usually very accommodating. I'm sure that if i were to try again, bb50 i would get a different answer. I just don't feel like standing in line with all the people making returns right now.

I don't understand why the wouldn't allow it? there is a button on their register just for combining GCs. I would try again and hopefully get a knowledgeable team member. I refuse to scan (20) $5 GCs, especially with the whole access code thing. best of luck!

Just picked up a $50 gift card. I was asked for the access codes so I just used 2 $25 cards. Customer service was packed and some man was throwing a tantrum over something so I didn’t explore the gift card combining option. I don’t know what I’ll do if I can’t combine all my $5 gift cards. I get those from Bing and really don’t want to change those out for something else since that’s $10 every month towards my vacation fund.

Tried to purchase Disney gift cards with Target gift cards today and it did not go well.

1st store - cashier said no, manager backed her up.
2nd store - went to self checkout, employee saw GC's and sent me to a cashier, cashier said no.
3rd store - went to self checkout, scanned Disney GC's, entered Target GC's, got the wait for employee pop up, and employee said no.

These were all stores where I've done this successfully in the past, but every employee I talked to today was adamant about no GC to GC purchases.

EDIT to add an update:

Undaunted I tried a 4th Target location today and purchasing Disney GC's with Target GC's was absolutely no problem there. Hooray!

:)

Last edited:
Tried to purchase Disney gift cards with Target gift cards today and it did not go well.

1st store - cashier said no, manager backed her up.
2nd store - went to self checkout, employee saw GC's and sent me to a cashier, cashier said no.
3rd store - went to self checkout, scanned Disney GC's, entered Target GC's, got the wait for employee pop up, and employee said no.

These were all stores where I've done this successfully in the past, but every employee I talked to today was adamant about no GC to GC purchases.
Would you mind sharing where you are located? This is definitely concerning.
I shop at our local Target 2-3 times a week and I have talked to several cashiers about using Target gift cards to buy Disney gift cards for vacations. Many of them have told me that they do the same thing to save for their Disney trips too so they do not bat an eye when I come in to "convert" my Target gift cards to Disney gift cards. I have my $25 card from Swagbucks and another $25 in FWP cards that I am planning to convert today into a $50 card. I will see what happens. I am in the Grand Rapids, MI area, FWIW.

Not sure how many people use them since they changed to scanning receipts, but I had an email from Kellogg's rewards for bonus points, more than likely since it's been forever since I've submitted anything. I looked at the rewards page and noticed they've recently added $5 best buy and Bed Bath and Beyond gift cards for 7500 points. They have Walmart, Target, and Amazon as well - $5 for 8000 points.

Not sure how many people use them since they changed to scanning receipts, but I had an email from Kellogg's rewards for bonus points, more than likely since it's been forever since I've submitted anything. I looked at the rewards page and noticed they've recently added $5 best buy and Bed Bath and Beyond gift cards for 7500 points. They have Walmart, Target, and Amazon as well - $5 for 8000 points.

I cashed in my Kellogg's for a $5 Best Buy and printed it out and went to BB. When I tried to use it, the cashier couldn't do it because it had no bar code on it. The cashier called the manager over and he took it, came back and said he could do it later "in the back" and put it through as a $5 cash payment. I was lucky to have such a cooperative manager (in CT) but I don't think I'd use my Kellogg's points this way again unless they've changed the BB g/c.

I cashed in my Kellogg's for a $5 Best Buy and printed it out and went to BB. When I tried to use it, the cashier couldn't do it because it had no bar code on it. The cashier called the manager over and he took it, came back and said he could do it later "in the back" and put it through as a $5 cash payment. I was lucky to have such a cooperative manager (in CT) but I don't think I'd use my Kellogg's points this way again unless they've changed the BB g/c.
I didn't realize that. That's for reporting! I might just spend the extra 500 on a Walmart card instead.

for that $20 sams club referral code-I used one from DoC.... I got the credit from Amex (finally) but nothing about the supposed $20 gc I was supposed to receive from signup...what happens with this? does it randomly appear in the email? or is it just a joke and never happens?

Would you mind sharing where you are located? This is definitely concerning.
I shop at our local Target 2-3 times a week and I have talked to several cashiers about using Target gift cards to buy Disney gift cards for vacations. Many of them have told me that they do the same thing to save for their Disney trips too so they do not bat an eye when I come in to "convert" my Target gift cards to Disney gift cards. I have my $25 card from Swagbucks and another $25 in FWP cards that I am planning to convert today into a $50 card. I will see what happens. I am in the Grand Rapids, MI area, FWIW.

So Cal - one of the stores was the Target on Harbor Blvd, just down the street from Disneyland.

I thought I had it made at self check out, but the register wouldn't allow the transaction to go through without employee approval. I've never had that happen before, and I use Target gift cards at self checkout all the time.

I was surprised that the response was so consistent everywhere I went yesterday, but there was no way any of the cashiers I dealt with were going to let it happen.

If anyone in the area knows of a store that's still allowing GC to GC purchases please let me know.

EDIT to add an update:

Undaunted I tried a 4th Target location today and purchasing Disney GC's with Target GC's was absolutely no problem there. Hooray!

:)

Last edited:
I thought I had it made at self check out, but the register wouldn't allow the transaction to go through without employee approval. I've never had that happen before, and I use Target gift cards at self checkout all the time.

I posted about this last week. It looks like an update was rolled out to self checkout registers shortly before Christmas that requires an employee log in and type in your Target gift card's access code before the transaction can continue.

for that $20 sams club referral code-I used one from DoC.... I got the credit from Amex (finally) but nothing about the supposed $20 gc I was supposed to receive from signup...what happens with this? does it randomly appear in the email? or is it just a joke and never happens?

ME TOO! I was wondering the same. We have had memberships there in the past and aren't new members. I thought perhaps that might be why we aren't seeing the $20. However, we did get the Amex credit, so not sure????

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter