Disney Gift Cards Apple Wallet

sanibel11

Earning My Ears
Dumb question - but can you use a Disney gift card loaded into your apple wallet to pay for table service meals?

According to this Wiki How, you can only add Disney egift cards to your Apple Wallet. Physical Disney gift cards cannot be added.

I’ve been trying but I haven’t been able to add it.

I had to buy an e-gift card from Shop Disney... the email they send you with the gift card has clickable icons at the bottom to add to Google or Apple Wallet. I think that's the only way to add it. I've bought Disney e-gift cards from Costco, Target, and Best Buy, but never saw the same option to add to Apple Wallet.

Once I add it, I use the Disney Gift card web site to transfer other gift card balances to the Apple Wallet card.

Not sure anyone is reading the original question. 🤣

While I have never tried, my guess would be no. Table service locations seem to need a physical card to swipe so if you have added a Disney gift card to Apple Wallet at best you will be able to tap for NFC or the card has a code to visually scan (like a QR code). I don’t think either method would be usable at a table service restaurant, but again, I have never tried.

Hope that helps.

Ugh! Thanks for pointing that out!

Dumb question - but can you use a Disney gift card loaded into your apple wallet to pay for table service meals?
Yes you can. Let the server know that you are paying with digital Disney gift card. They need to scan the GC on your phone at the register. I usually walk to the register with my phone, but some staff will take your phone from you if you are comfortable with that.

After scanning your gift card, you will receive a paper receipt with an empty space for tip. If you leave a tip on the paper receipt, it will also be deducted from the gift card that they scanned.

Note that the dollar value of the GC doesn't change in your wallet. Your paper receipt will have the remaining GC balance on it.

While I have never tried, my guess would be no. Table service locations seem to need a physical card to swipe so if you have added a Disney gift card to Apple Wallet at best you will be able to tap for NFC or the card has a code to visually scan (like a QR code). I don’t think either method would be usable at a table service restaurant, but again, I have never tried.

Hope that helps.

Oh darn, you’re right. I totally misread it. Sorry OP!

Ugh! Thanks for pointing that out!

Yes you can. Let the server know that you are paying with digital Disney gift card. They need to scan the GC on your phone at the register. I usually walk to the register with my phone, but some staff will take your phone from you if you are comfortable with that.

After scanning your gift card, you will receive a paper receipt with an empty space for tip. If you leave a tip on the paper receipt, it will also be deducted from the gift card that they scanned.

Note that the dollar value of the GC doesn't change in your wallet. Your paper receipt will have the remaining GC balance on it.
Great - thank you!

I have a gift card loaded in my Apple wallet - they scan it Al table along with my magic key pass. it has never been an issue.

I have a gift card loaded in my Apple wallet - they scan it Al table along with my magic key pass. it has never been an issue.
Interesting. Mine is in my Google wallet and they take an image of my MK at the table but need to bring my phone to the register for the GC. :confused3 That's where I noticed that they have an image of the MK holder's account with a bar code on the handheld device. First they scan the MK barcode from the handheld device, then they ring it up with the discount, and then scan my GC. The send me back to the table with a receipt and a pen for tip and signature (as if it were a credit card).

I had to buy an e-gift card from Shop Disney... the email they send you with the gift card has clickable icons at the bottom to add to Google or Apple Wallet. I think that's the only way to add it. I've bought Disney e-gift cards from Costco, Target, and Best Buy, but never saw the same option to add to Apple Wallet.

Once I add it, I use the Disney Gift card web site to transfer other gift card balances to the Apple Wallet card.
Does the ECard that is stored on your Iphone - show a new balance when you add other cards to it or does it continue to show the initial balance, even though you added other cards to it?

In my Google wallet, the dollar value doesn't change. I have several cards listed and I have to keep track of how much is on each of them. When you purchase something the balance for that GC is listed on your receipt.

If you want to combine GC or check the balance, you can do it on the Disney GC website.

Does the ECard that is stored on your Iphone - show a new balance when you add other cards to it or does it continue to show the initial balance, even though you added other cards to it?
No, unfortunately it just shows whatever the initial balance was when you bought it/loaded it into Apple Wallet. So mine permanently says $25 even after I’ve transferred more money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter