Disney Hilton Head questions

augusta1

Mouseketeer
Has anyone been there? Anyone been off season? We are planning a trip the end of September. Wondering if the Disney resort will be a good choice. Seems like there are plenty of activities but not sure if there are any in the off season.

We spent a week end in November one year. It was beautiful but too cool for the beach. Not a lot of activities but the staff was friendly and pointed us to activities and great restaurants. We want to go back when we have more time. I still have a sunset picture from Hilton Head on my desk. I look at it every day.

Has anyone been there? Anyone been off season? We are planning a trip the end of September. Wondering if the Disney resort will be a good choice. Seems like there are plenty of activities but not sure if there are any in the off season.

The only time we've ever been to HHI is in the off-season. There are still resort activities every day, though sometimes not too many people on them. One time I took the resort's 3 hour island tour and I was the only guest. I was also the only guest one day going to Pinckney. The Dolphin tours continue, both at the resort and at Shelter Cove.

The only time we've ever been to HHI is in the off-season. There are still resort activities every day, though sometimes not too many people on them. One time I took the resort's 3 hour island tour and I was the only guest. I was also the only guest one day going to Pinckney. The Dolphin tours continue, both at the resort and at Shelter Cove.

We went in February and had unseasonably warm weather. LOVE HHI in the off season. Can't imagine how busy it would be in the summer. They still have organized activities; we did the Beach Nature Walk and the Dolphin tour. The pool was closed all three days we were there though for refurbishment. Not sure I would have wanted to swim in 60 degrees anyway.

We did HH in Feb in 2012. So relaxing! I have my report in my signature. We found plenty of things to keep us busy when we wanted to be busy. The resort did have activities during the day, but we didn't really partake in many of them though.

We have been several times on early October and everything that we liked to do was going on: Pickney island walk very nice even saw a gator, Marsh walk, activities for kids still going strong, Beach Bar is closed I think but the CS was open, ocean water is still nice and warm.

As far as rooms we stayed in a studio on 1 night stay when our son was 3, and in two bedrooms. Loved the accomodations. Take note however the resort does not have a restaurant on site, though this allows you to take advantage to the awesome restaurants on the island if you so desire.

We love HHI, when we can we will try to buy some points there. It is a completely different experience than Myrtle Beach and in our minds the better one. And for us only about 5 hours away (or half way to Orlando).

It's a great place in the Fall and Spring. Early October is Octoberfest in Savannah and Mid-March is St Patrick's day.

Pinckney is truly terrific! The Boss and I road our bikes out there a few weeks ago and went all the way to the end. Right out to where the Battle of Port Royal Sound happened in the American Civil War.

There is also the Savannah River Wildlife refuge over towards Pt.Wentworth Ga. It has a 4 mile driving tour with gators, and, a nice walking trail (road). Haven't ridden our bikes there yet, but, that's coming.

It's a great place in the Fall and Spring. Early October is Octoberfest in Savannah and Mid-March is St Patrick's day.

Pinckney is truly terrific! The Boss and I road our bikes out there a few weeks ago and went all the way to the end. Right out to where the Battle of Port Royal Sound happened in the American Civil War.

There is also the Savannah River Wildlife refuge over towards Pt.Wentworth Ga. It has a 4 mile driving tour with gators, and, a nice walking trail (road). Haven't ridden our bikes there yet, but, that's coming.

As someone else from the "Greater Hilton Head area" (Beaufort, SC)- I completely agree with this. Everybody who actually lives here that I know considers Fall and Spring the best time of the year down here (provided of course you don't have your heart set on being on the beach 5 days straight or whatever- and even if that were the case- I personally might suggest St. Simon's Island in GA or Ponte Vedra, FL, etc. among others before HHI).

The Civil War/"historic" sites (including in Beaufort, Charleston and/or Savannah) and golf courses (of course!) are magnificent any time of year too...

Finally- really LOVE the HHI resort. Don't own there- but LOVE using it for long-weekends in the "offseason", etc..:thumbsup2

So happy to see this thread! I was sitting here debating whether to book for a few days the weekend before Thanksgiving! :-)

We will be there the weekend before Thanksgiving, it will be our first time!

Cool! I just booked today for checking in on 11/23 for 3 nights! We are driving from WDW on Saturday and checking out Tuesday. It's the tail end of a long trip to WDW and on DCL. We start the schlep back to So. CA right after HHI. :)

Alright-a few fellow DISers at HHI that same weekend. We've been making the HHI resort our Thanksgiving home for about 8 years now. We'll be the empty-nester couple always looking up, because we'll be looking through binoculars! Be sure to say "Hi".

"As someone else from the "Greater Hilton Head area" (Beaufort, SC)"

HEY Neighbor! Don't sell Beaufort short either. I love that town! And it has nothing to do with the fact that my Great-whatever-Grandfather (guy named Barnwell...you might have heard of him) is buried under altar of the Episcopal church there.

Beaufort is a beautiful place to wander round. Then there are the islands, and the Marine base! The Museum there should not be missed and then there is the French Fort out in the golf course on the base.

We will be there from November 17-23rd, will we overlap? We can't wait!

Awww, we arrive on Sat. the 23rd. Not sure what time since we are driving up from WDW and probably stopping in Savannah, along the way. I am so ready for a vacation!

We and good friends of ours will be there for Christmas this year. Dec. 22-29. Can't wait, don't care if it's not beach weather, just glad to be going away.

So happy to see this thread! I was sitting here debating whether to book for a few days the weekend before Thanksgiving! :-)

I remember my first Thanksgiving down in Beafuort/HHI a couple years back being 75 degrees, sunny, clear and full of beautiful "Fall" colors. Coming from Philadelphia- it absolutely floored me and made me realize how blessed we are to live here. It's a magnificent time of year to be in the Lowcountry. Enjoy!

"As someone else from the "Greater Hilton Head area" (Beaufort, SC)"

HEY Neighbor! Don't sell Beaufort short either. I love that town! And it has nothing to do with the fact that my Great-whatever-Grandfather (guy named Barnwell...you might have heard of him) is buried under altar of the Episcopal church there.

Beaufort is a beautiful place to wander round. Then there are the islands, and the Marine base! The Museum there should not be missed and then there is the French Fort out in the golf course on the base.

HAHA! I don't like bragging about my town- but don't mind at all if others do! Thank you so much- and yes- Barnwell is a very famous name in Beaufort. I'm Lutheran- but the Episcopal (now Anglican) Church (St. Helena) is an absolute civic treasure. Love attending weddings, Christmas concerts, etc. there.:thumbsup2

Meanwhile- I LOVE Savannah too! Great ol' Southern Seaport with the most beautiful squares/gardens and incredible Music Festival!:)

I remember my first Thanksgiving down in Beafuort/HHI a couple years back being 75 degrees, sunny, clear and full of beautiful "Fall" colors. Coming from Philadelphia- it absolutely floored me and made me realize how blessed we are to live here. It's a magnificent time of year to be in the Lowcountry. Enjoy!

Ooooo, I didn't even think about the trees turning by then! That would be awesome!! So. CA is a freakin' desert! People forget that! We have brown stuff and palm trees. LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter