Disney ILY Doll Series

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I keep seeing these dolls at ShopDisney called Disney ILY and I would like to know more about them? They are Barbie size dolls that have outfits inspired by Disney Parks and characters and they have a Cinderella inspired doll a Jasmine inspired doll a Tiana inspired doll and many more dolls including a male doll that is Ken sized in an Aladdin inspired outfit. And there is accessory sets and additional clothing sets for the ILY Dolls. Are these dolls a Disney Parks exclusive in addition to being sold at ShopDisney?

There are a few Ily doll styles. They have some which are American Girl style, and the Barbie style dolls (“Fashion”). My DD had to have one of the Tiana inspired Fashion dolls on our last trip to Disneyland. At first I said “no”, reminding her she already has 30 other Barbies (no exaggeration), and she pleaded her case : “but this one looks like me!”. So of course, there was no way I was gonna stick to “no”. 😳

They’re also available at Target, and the one we bought (amongst others) is 33% off right now. (Quick edit - the sale apparently ended just as I was typing this - I went to look at Targets site and the price just went back to normal)

They’re cute dolls. The Fashion series are more articulated than the average Barbie - closer to the Barbie “Looks” series. The one we have has the common issue with highly articulated features - the joints are too flexible. They’re good for posing, bad for standing, or staying put.

Last edited:
I did hear that the Disney ILY dolls have problems like the one you're describing and you need to tell your daughter to be extremely careful with her doll's legs because from what I read in the reviews at ShopDisney the legs of the ILY dolls do come off easily. But I do like the outfits and would any of the outfits fit Bleacher Creatures plushies as well as Barbies and other dolls? Because I have some Marvel Bleacher Creatures plushies of Ms. Marvel She-Hulk and Kate Bishop and I might buy one of the outfits to see if they would fit one of the female Bleacher Creatures plushies

Thanks - A limb or two popping off wouldn’t be too disastrous- nothing we haven’t seen before anyway!

That’s the one doll which hasn’t been outfit changed, so I’m not 100% sure. DD was going to change her outfit yesterday, but we got distracted. I’ll provide an update tomorrow if I can. Right now she’s just chillin in the hot tub at the Dream House! 😎 (The Ily doll that is!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter