Disney Magic Kingdoms

I delayed starting the crab click thing by a day. I'm at 24 crabs and am easily in the top 50 with a chance at top 25, depending on how many people get to 24 between now and the end of the challenge. I had 2 platinum chests stockpiled and opened both of them this morning. I got a sun dial....and Davy Jones! I never get anything good out of the chests so that was fortunate.

I delayed starting the crab click thing by a day. I'm at 24 crabs and am easily in the top 50 with a chance at top 25, depending on how many people get to 24 between now and the end of the challenge. I had 2 platinum chests stockpiled and opened both of them this morning. I got a sun dial....and Davy Jones! I never get anything good out of the chests so that was fortunate.
Hi. I don't usually pay too much attention to mini event details, but what is the significance of delaying your participation? Obviously it works for people, I'm just missing something.

Hi. I don't usually pay too much attention to mini event details, but what is the significance of delaying your participation? Obviously it works for people, I'm just missing something.

It is not always significant to delay your start with Mini-Events but seems to have worked in some cases. For my game I started the first day and got into a group of people really trying for the top. I should finish inside the top 100 at around 80, but a friend started theirs the second day actually late in the day and got in a group that were only barely trying. Numbers in that group are really low compared to my group making it easier to stay in the top. The top person in my group holds the number one position by double the person in second place.

It is not always significant to delay your start with Mini-Events but seems to have worked in some cases. For my game I started the first day and got into a group of people really trying for the top. I should finish inside the top 100 at around 80, but a friend started theirs the second day actually late in the day and got in a group that were only barely trying. Numbers in that group are really low compared to my group making it easier to stay in the top. The top person in my group holds the number one position by double the person in second place.

It seems to pay off most of the time. At least for me. For this event I waited until there was only 2 minutes left then got a total of 2 crabs using Davy's 10 seconds each. I ended up 3rd place and got 25 gems and pirate goofy.

Oh, just in case anyone is in the same boat (or pirate ship as the case may be) with the last update my Peter Pan storyline continued but I never was prompted to continue the POC storyline. I was thinking this was a glitch for the Window's build, but to my surprise, yesterday after getting Bambi (which took forever) and completing the tasks, the POC storyline finally continued. Sorry if this is old news, but just in case someone else is stuck.

Leaderboards have a set population, filling mostly in a first come/first serve method, though I forget the max number. This leads to the most active players ending up on early leaderboards. If you hold off, it increases the chances, but by no means a certainty, that you land on a board of less active players, making it easier to hit top levels. I got 6th with 26 and no one on it reached the 35 to unlock the platinum chest.

Playing in airplane mode is another way to delay joining a leaderboard, but many players do consider this cheating. My view is it’s up for each player to decide.

If your interested in how it works, click on the spoiler link below.

Some people also start collecting right away BUT make sure they are playing in airport mode. That way they can start building up the number of items collected, but there game never connects up with the game servers so they never end up joining a leaderboard. The next time they connect with airplane mode off, they will join a newer board with all the items they have collected. It will usually, but not always, put you in an easier leaderboard.

I don’t play that way often, but it can be helpful. Also, when I do, I turn airport mode off after I leave the game and back on before I play the game again. I usually accidentally launch the game with airplane mode on at some point during the first day and end up joining earlier than I wanted.

Playing in airport mode does have drawbacks though, like not being able to collect daily calendar items, losing daily reward streaks and not being able to get your 2 gems for watching video.

Last edited:
Very interesting. There's a lot to take into consideration. I was just wondering how I could be trying my hardest but most everyone else is leaps and bounds ahead anyway. I have things to think about now for next time...

Eventually we come to a joint task for Tia and Jack that requires his costume. Guess he will be staring at me from the task book icon for the foreseeable future.

Eventually we come to a joint task for Tia and Jack that requires his costume. Guess he will be staring at me from the task book icon for the foreseeable future.
Ugh.....I really wasn't planning on getting that costume anytime soon. But, I'm still 16 lockets from welcoming Tia, so I have a little time to barter with Merlin to get some more fabric. I thought it was kinda strange to be forced to have Baymax's armor to continue that storyline. Guess the interns found a clever way to "encourage"us to get the various costumes. But no matter what...Bow-tie Olaf is a costume wall for me. Thx for the heads up.

I assume any task requiring Jack's outfit is non-main-storyline/non-essential. I don't recall them ever previously requiring players have either premium characters (Davy Jones) or purchases from elixirs for main storyline content. But, yeah, I agree, once I get to that task, Jack will be staring at me for a long time. After getting Minnie's costume, I am now at 1/40 of those pirate fabrics for Jack.

Ugh.....I really wasn't planning on getting that costume anytime soon. But, I'm still 16 lockets from welcoming Tia, so I have a little time to barter with Merlin to get some more fabric. I thought it was kinda strange to be forced to have Baymax's armor to continue that storyline. Guess the interns found a clever way to "encourage"us to get the various costumes. But no matter what...Bow-tie Olaf is a costume wall for me. Thx for the heads up.

I assume any task requiring Jack's outfit is non-main-storyline/non-essential. I don't recall them ever previously requiring players have either premium characters (Davy Jones) or purchases from elixirs for main storyline content. But, yeah, I agree, once I get to that task, Jack will be staring at me for a long time. After getting Minnie's costume, I am now at 1/40 of those pirate fabrics for Jack.

This kind of garbage that tick me off with games. The only way to get the 40 fabrics is with elixir or Davy Jones. If you go the elixir route that’s gonna set you back 32,000 elixir and I refuse to spend any money gambling on buying Premium chest for Davy Jones. Personally, I’d much rather have an option to buy him for $10. I don't mind them making more difficult to get without elixir or Davy, but give players an option, like a 24 hour job for one or two characters. Now if that costume really did give us some advantages or items in the future, great, but let’s be honest, it's only value will probably be for completing that quest and then they interns will forget all about it.

It's like the Goofy Pirate costume reward from the crab event. That would be a perfect 3rd option for Jacks outfit. Instead, I won a completely worthless, at least for now, item from the event.

I’m a completionist when it comes to games like these, I want to have all the characters and buildings and am willing to spend money on occasion. I want Davy Jones, but like I said, I'm not gonna spend money gambling on premium chests for 3% chance of getting him. If they sold him I'd complain about it but they could probably get $5 or $10 out of me. Use to be the same way with buildings, but their decisions to put things like the Frozen Ice Rink as a Premium chest only item and decision to not give us more land made it so I really don’t care if I have them all anymore.

This kind of garbage that tick me off with games. The only way to get the 40 fabrics is with elixir or Davy Jones. If you go the elixir route that’s gonna set you back 32,000 elixir and I refuse to spend any money gambling on buying Premium chest for Davy Jones. Personally, I’d much rather have an option to buy him for $10. I don't mind them making more difficult to get without elixir or Davy, but give players an option, like a 24 hour job for one or two characters. Now if that costume really did give us some advantages or items in the future, great, but let’s be honest, it's only value will probably be for completing that quest and then they interns will forget all about it.

It's like the Goofy Pirate costume reward from the crab event. That would be a perfect 3rd option for Jacks outfit. Instead, I won a completely worthless, at least for now, item from the event.

I’m a completionist when it comes to games like these, I want to have all the characters and buildings and am willing to spend money on occasion. I want Davy Jones, but like I said, I'm not gonna spend money gambling on premium chests for 3% chance of getting him. If they sold him I'd complain about it but they could probably get $5 or $10 out of me. Use to be the same way with buildings, but their decisions to put things like the Frozen Ice Rink as a Premium chest only item and decision to not give us more land made it so I really don’t care if I have them all anymore.
Hear hear... I'm ashamed to say, I've gotten burned on the odds of getting something good from a premium chest that I paid for. Never again though. I got swept up in the moment and then ended up with a epic concession stand. After months of DMK therapy and real money versus virtual money counseling, I have learned my lesson. Although...Little Mermaid is on the way...oh no I'm relapsing!!!! But I digress, I'd much rather have the option to get the item outright. Never again on the chests though. Too much of a gamble.

Hey guys I was just wondering if the TNBC chest is worth it. Please let me know! Thanks!

Even though I complained about Platinum chest items earlier, if TNBC chests have characters and or buildings you need, it's not a bad way and the only to get them. If you have most of the TNBC characters and buildings they probably are not worth it.

It is always a gamble. You may get a character, you may get a bench. If you read a few of the posts on this same page, you will see some have great luck getting something good out of treasure chests, others not so much.

Yep, it's a gamble, but if you need most of the characters/building it’s probably worth it.

Even though I complained about Platinum chest items earlier, if TNBC chests have characters and or buildings you need, it's not a bad way and the only to get them. If you have most of the TNBC characters and buildings they probably are not worth it.

Yep, it's a gamble, but if you need most of the characters/building it’s probably worth it.
If I only have 63 gems though, should I still do it? Or should I save up?

So the whole time I had the pirate Goofy but the event ended and I didn’t get it. I wish you could still see you ranking after the event ends.

ETA: talk about delayed my rank just popped up.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter